• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A; 2:45am (AEDT) Sunday 11 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
All depends on tomorrow Lindommer. If Australia win you'll be playing the Ystradgynlais 2nd XV next week
So now we know, do you think he will be happy to just rest up for SA in the QFs, with the prospect of NZ in the semis after you win? I think Gatland will go all out for the win, myself as it would give the Wale a fuck sight easier half of QF probably V Scotland and semi V Arg/ Fra/ Ire.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
So now we know, do you think he will be happy to just rest up for SA in the QFs, with the prospect of NZ in the semis after you win? I think Gatland will go all out for the win, myself as it would give the Wale a fuck sight easier half of QF probably V Scotland and semi V Arg/ Fra/ Ire.

Both teams will be desperate to win this because of the scenario you present here.

Win = QF v Scotland and SF v France or Ireland
Lose = QF v SAF and SF v ABs

It's a no brainer.

WOOLI

Frank Nicholson (4)
Oz 4-peat on the home nations?

England - done

Wales - likely

Scotland - yes

Ireland - maybe/probably

And then flog the bloody AB's!

Bring back Bill!!!

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I'll be cheering for Wales for this one. I want the Boks and Aussies to meet in the quarters.
Honestly can't see Wales winning though.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
There is a huge discussion on the welsh board I visit and its a fifty fifty thing at the moment, but knowing gats he will put his strongest side out, If we lose Alun Wyn or bigger we don't just lose two more players we lose so much experience from the side,
so prudence suggests he may go for a weaker side, you just have to hope you can beat it:)

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I think it is a no brainer, even among the more eccentric correspondents on Gwlad. Nine days off leading into the game as well and, in all honesty, you have your 23 man squad and that really is it. After watching the Scottish B team run SA fairly close yesterday I don't think they will scare Wales or Aussie but NZ unless France knock them out, of course!?!? certainly will.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
No it's not mate. Was France not a country under the nazis?
Absolutely correct.
11. Is Wales a Country or a Principality?
Wales is not a Principality. Although we are joined with England by land, and we are part of Great Britain, Wales is a country in its own right.
We have a long history that goes from the old welsh kingdoms and the middle ages. We have had a 'Prince of Wales' from 1301, when Edward I created the title. The title is given to the eldest son of each English monarch.
The Prince of Wales is Prince Charles, who is the present heir to the throne. But he does not have a role in the governance of Wales, even though his title might suggest that he does.
On 18 September 1997, we voted in favour of devolution in Wales. Before that, we were run entirely by the UK government in London. We were then given the powers we need to make secondary laws that affect us by an act called the Government of Wales Act 1998.
In 2006, we expanded on this act and have gained more powers for our country with the Government of Wales Act 2006. Our Government's document 'One Wales' refers to us as a country or nation in its own right.
http://www.wales.com/about-wales/frequently-asked-questions#Question_11

It's even got it's own government.;)
http://www.wales.com/about-wales/government

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Holmes
4. Douglas
5. Simmons
6. Fardy
7. Pocock
8. McCalman
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Mitchell
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15. Beale

16. TPN
17. Sio
18. Kepu
19. Mumm
20. Hooper
21. Genia
22. Giteau
23. Speight

Not dropping anyone, just resting Izzy and rotating the bench a bit.
I think he might keep Beale up against cuthbert and that makes me v afraid

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think it is a no brainer, even among the more eccentric correspondents on Gwlad. Nine days off leading into the game as well and, in all honesty, you have your 23 man squad and that really is it. After watching the Scottish B team run SA fairly close yesterday I don't think they will scare Wales or Aussie but NZ unless France knock them out, of course!?!? certainly will.
Think Dai has hit the nail on the head. My own opinion is divided never mind the rest of the country. Tbh I'm happy to play winner or runner up of group b. We've beaten both in the last year. And why be so desperate to avoid New Zealand? Any team who aspires to be #1 is gonna have face them sometime. So using the famous gwlad number there are 240 000 000 reasons to avoid knackering the team in a match with little consequence and 240 000 000 others to say we play to win every game. Gonna be scanning welsh media for any sign of the way ch is thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.