• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: IRE v ITA (Olympic Stadium): POOL D

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Been supporting Ireland, they've been pretty good so far. Italy might offer a little resistance at the beginning of this game but I expect Ireland to run away with it. Italy has gone backwards sadly.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Inverwutever basically asking BOD 'You've done well before and then failed. Will Ireland fail here?'

Stay classy.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Ireland wins the Italian lineout, POC shoves Henderson through a hole, and that sets up Keith Earls for his first try at 13 for this RWC. Some nice work between Sexton, Henshaw and Earls to finish that off. 10-3 Ireland.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
When's the last time Earls played 13? Didn't he play there for a Lions tour?

His attack is potent, but might need some work on his defensive positioning. BOD pointing out how he's too far back at times, giving Italy some space to build a phase or two. Some communication will help with that.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Earls has a great try scoring record for Ireland that i can never understand the doubters over his selection.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Earls has a great try scoring record for Ireland that i can never understand the doubters over his selection.

Earls is Munster's Luke Fitzgerald. Either that or Fitz is Leinster's Keet Earls. Both are exceptionally talented footballers that can play in the backs and centers, both have had a rash of injuries that stunted their careers after very promising early starts, and both have had people question their defense on the backs of those injury-scarred months. And both have pretty much come good.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Fitz has come good but Earls record is far more impressive in Green

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
O'Mahony has started this half well, Ireland really look like they just want to hold on. Not trying to create much in attack

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
O'Mahony has started this half well, Ireland really look like they just want to hold on. Not trying to create much in attack

Some sloppy handling and some sloppy penalties, right from the off. Matt Williams is going to say something very uncharitable.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
On ITV, they were right to criticize Murray kicking that Tommy Bowe win clear. They're just not settling in, focus is off.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Farrero, Henderson and Sexton are the options for man of the match. Not quite sure how Sexton in an option in this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.