• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A; 2:45am (AEDT) Sunday 11 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well. except Marler :)

He wasn't sanctioned, just spoken to ... ... ... and that was after 3 (in Poite's own words) occurrences of not packing straight. Cynical repeat offending anyone?

Players from many other nations doing the same sort of cynical illegal activities would have been carded, often without warning, on the second occasion. Poite suffered from the same nerves/fear as Joubert did in the RWC 2011 final.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Oh and whilst I'm not too much into I told you so, i will point out once that apart from mr jarse you were a bunch of nervous nellies going into last week's game and it did pan out as plastic and I told you it would. Plus I've never understood why members of gagr haven't recognised how good foley is

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Oh and whilst I'm not too much into I told you so, i will point out once that apart from mr jarse you were a bunch of nervous nellies going into last week's game and it did pan out as plastic and I told you it would. Plus I've never understood why members of gagr haven't recognised how good foley is
I was bullish, I tipped wallabies by 12, 4 tries to 2

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Cheika has said overnight that there is no thought of resting players. A lot of his key players have played two games in five or six weeks and he acknowledges that they need more game time.

Horne had scans yesterday and they are waiting for the results. Apparently Horne is being positive but who knows? Sounds like Leali'ifano could be next in line. Giteau and Folau have already been passed fit for full training.

It's now more than 24 hours after the match so I think it is reasonably safe to assume that Hooper won't be cited. As others have said, it needs to be deemed worthy of a red card to be cited. Clearly it wasn't. It could have been a yellow card but nothing more. The fact that the issue was looked at on the field at the time and only deemed worthy of a penalty supports that.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Cheika has said overnight that there is no thought of resting players. A lot of his key players have played two games in five or six weeks and he acknowledges that they need more game time.

Horne had scans yesterday and they are waiting for the results. Apparently Horne is being positive but who knows? Sounds like Leali'ifano could be next in line. Giteau and Folau have already been passed fit for full training.

It's now more than 24 hours after the match so I think it is reasonably safe to assume that Hooper won't be cited. As others have said, it needs to be deemed worthy of a red card to be cited. Clearly it wasn't. It could have been a yellow card but nothing more. The fact that the issue was looked at on the field at the time and only deemed worthy of a penalty supports that.

Think he shouldve been cited at the time but I'm happy if someone senior takes him aside a points out that he was a prize dickhead

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Think he shouldve been cited at the time but I'm happy if someone senior takes him aside a points out that he was a prize dickhead

Nah, just to improve his technique, he needs to cleanout harder if anything, just legally

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
that being the case given that im almost certain NZ will lose in the QF's a as well then Aussie will be the only former champ left.

Now you're losing the plot. NZ haven't been able to dominate every game but apart from Australia once they still can do what it takes

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sheesh. It's pool play. The W is important. Even so, teams still make the RWC Final having lost a game in pool play. Teams not getting 2 x W in pool play pack their bags.

Anything can and will happen in knockout play, and from week to week.

NZL was woeful in Bledisloe 1. In Bledisloe 2, the Wallabies were woeful. Rugby history is full of similar "miraculous" turnarounds. IRE nearly beat NZL one week, nek minnit it is NZL by 60 points.

Reactions: BDA

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So which Coach is going to be the first to blink and formally announce their Squad?

I'm tipping Cheika to be last, and to name 11 on the bench with a "three to be omitted" caveat.

By RWC rules, when is the cut off for the teams to announce their squads?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Beale always looks a lot better when he comes off the bench than when he starts.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to full-back, Tomane and Mitchell to the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.