• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ideas for NRC 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I think I'd be closer to the truth of the matter to say that the Vikings would beat any team of the week put together from all other sides on their form against the Stars.

Not as silly a suggestion as HJ's comment that the Vikings display was due to the Stars being so awful. Credit where credit's due, please.

You do see the irony of your comments right?

HJ didn't say Vikings shouldn't be in the TOTW, he just asked whether so many deserved to be there because of the quality of the opposition.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
You do see the irony of your comments right?

HJ didn't say Vikings shouldn't be in the TOTW, he just asked whether so many deserved to be there because of the quality of the opposition.

Can't see the irony at all, but can see insinuation in HJ's post.

T

TOCC

lol, alright, well all i will say is that demanding credit is a two way street.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Nice to see little snippnet on NRC under the Wallabies coverage in daily telegraph today with nice little photo of Nick Phipps/Rob Horne in their NRC team gear - gold.....

Little snipnet also mentioned game on Sunday at leichard between stars and rams and how the 1,000 or so Rams horned army supporters plan to make Leichardt oval their own ground....given they are in battle for representing the west/inner west fair chance might be precurser to what might happen next year ie Ram play out of leichardt for 1-2 games...

If we can only get papers to publish say on Monday's the results of NRC games (next years target perhaps)..

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
TOTW suggestion time.

I reckon I need a fullback (Hartmann at the moment), outside centre (Stubbs), 6 ( Koteka), 5 (Potgieter).

I didn't get to see too much of the Spirit game and saw bugger all of Stars v Rams.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Rising's Jonah Placid at fullback was very good. -- I've probably only watched a half dozen or so of his games in last year or two, but this was his best I've seen.

Kane Koteka at 6 did everything asked. When you consider the quality of the All Rebels backrow of Reid, Fuglistaller, and Timani, they were well held in check by Koteka, Hardwick and Cottrell. The Perth pack finished on top.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Tom Kingston was pretty good at fullback too for the Stars. But I only saw about the last 30 minutes of that game.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pretty sure that @RugbyReg is away "off the grid".

Any starters for TOTW?
At the risk of offending any sensitivities, I reiterate a previous post of mine but this time insert "Brisbane City" for "Canberra Vikings"

You'd have to think it TOTW will be mostly Vikings and City folk with the occasional guest appearance from the others teams less the Stars.
Not seeing all of the games, here's something to start the dialogue off:

1. Jeremy Tilse (Stars) - Broke my rule above but perhaps an encouragement award :). He seemed to do Ok in a comprehensively thrashed team.
2. Heath Tessman (Spirit)
3. Sam Talakai (City)
4. Blake Enever (Vikings)
5. Tom Staniforth (Eagles)
6. Harry Bergelin (Rays) - or
7. Cohen Masson (Rams) - or Jarrad Butler (Vikings)
8. Scott Higgenbotham (City) or Ita Vaea (Vikings)
9. Ian Prior (Spirit) - or Frisby (city) - or Powell (vikings)
10. Christian Lealiifano (Viking) - or McIntyre (city)
11. Junior Laloifi (City) gotta reward a meat pie four pack although most tries were not particularly difficult.
12. Sione Tuipulotu (Rising)
13. Samu Kerevi (City)
14. Chris Kuridrani (City)
15. karmichael Hunt (City) - or Taua (Vikings)

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I'd put Toua in. If this try doesn't get him in, nothin' will:

gzU4MV2.gif

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Didn't see the match, but that looked good, didn't it. How did the rest of his game go?

Call me old fashioned but one nice haircut does not a Hairdresser make, and I don't always believe getting your name on the scorekeepers sheet means that a player has had an awesome game. Meat and potatoes before the gravy. It is not much of a feed if it is gravy only.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Toua would get the credit for that try even if Dargaville had finished it and ended up with his name in the book.

Nothing special really springs to mind about the rest of his game. And to be fair, I didn't see the City game to compare. Maybe Hunt had a blinder.

But I'm willing to overlook that, just as I give a free pass to your meat and potatoes spelling of players' names! Old fashioned? You dream of being old fashioned! ;)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Don't know that I would call Hunt's efforts a blinder, but collectively the City backline absolutely dished up the Stars mob to such an extent that they were almost able to score at will. Of course, that was on the back of a pretty severe hiding being handed out in the Engine Room, as is often the case when the Display Windows look good.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
TBH, I mainly just wanted an excuse to repost that gif.

Another name I'll throw in is Jono Lance at 10 for the Eagles. Ran that backline nicely and they were linking very well, slick passing and making ground. Monster tackle on the big lock, RHP. Kicking was spot on, both in hand and off the tee.

But again, not having seen all others, he might already be covered.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ok lads, need some help this week:

15 Placid - Melbourne
14 Apineru - Perth
13 Kerevi - Brisbane
12 Taefu - Brisbane
11 McKenzie - Eagles
10 Prior - Perth
9 Frisby - Brisbane
8 Holloway - Rams
7 Gill - Brisbane
6 Bergelin - Rays
5 Timani - Rising
4 Staniforth - Eagles
2 Sexton - Eagles

I think it is both TV game and Brisbane heavy so want your insight please.

T

TOCC

gee Reg you better include some vikings before the politician fans get a hold of that team

-streaming didn't work for me this week, I'm of no help

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Colby Fainga'a and Ben Meehan stiff... And even Lloyd Johansson playing 76 minutes at flyhalf, first time as a playmaker at anywhere near this level in about 5 years!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Colby Fainga'a and Ben Meehan stiff. And even Lloyd Johansson playing 76 minutes at flyhalf, first time as a playmaker at anywhere near this level in about 5 years!

I had both Meehan and Colby in there until Frisby and Holloways performances.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
OK, time for the last team of the week people. What did you see and who stood out? Jono Lance, Allan Ala'alatoa, Samu Kerevi and Jack Debreczeni all got player of the match awards.

Who else should be considererd? Particularly interested in thoughts around fullback, incentre, scrumhalf and the backrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.