• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Brown has gone off about Hooper on twitter. Should have just said players like that get sorted out on field ala McCaw. Or posted something about concussion. Or kept his mouth shut.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Brown has gone off about Hooper on twitter. Should have just said players like that get sorted out on field ala McCaw. Or posted something about concussion. Or kept his mouth shut.

I read Browns recent twitter posts... not much in it really, he felt it was not fair play... But he honestly wouldn't have known if Hooper used his arms or not as he was focussed down over the ball and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)... Looking at the video hooper brings his arms up around brown as he is pushed away...

just poor timing really, I think Hooper is disadvantaged with short arms and faster legs... ;-))

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Meanwhile, this innocuous-looking incident will get you five weeks.

Guess we must brace ourselves for some more ludicrous and inconsistent citings and sanctions in the second half of this world cup.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Meanwhile, this innocuous-looking incident will get you five weeks.

Guess we must brace ourselves for some more ludicrous and inconsistent citings and sanctions in the second half of this world cup.
I hadn't seen that before. That got 5 weeks?? That is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

What was the alleged law breach BTW?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
That's is not a rubbish call,it's a fucking outrage.
How is that 5 weeks & Burgess with a good old swinging arm to the head of a player without the ball is play on?
I can see this whole tournament being decided by a ridiculous call from an over officious twit.
So frustrating!

notapatrioticboneinme

Sydney Middleton (9)
Just watched the replay, again; Beale adds a different skill set to Folau; love Beale but will miss Folau; I've underrated Foley but jeez he put in big in defence and some beautiful tackling by the other tow small men Genia and GITEAU; didn't realise how much Giteau organises the backline; England certainly had the advantage with Martin, Joseph and May and Launchbury was everywhere

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Are you people blind? He fucking raises his knee. Clear cut. Not worth 5 weeks but worth 1-2 I think. Anthony Tupou has his jaw broken to pieces when Konrad Hurrell raised his knee into him this year.

Yeah. That's how you RUN. Which is clearly all he is doing.

If that's a ban then every tackle should be a ban. Fucking ludicrous.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
What on earth.. no. Are you telling me you don't see a knee raise just before contact? I think you stopped the video after 3 seconds. Wait for the head on angle.

This a technique players use to bump off people. It's illegal and highly dangerous.

I think you're just looking for controversy which isn't there. He didn't drive his knee into the player. He lifted it in his running stride. Can't really blame him for the tackler getting his body position and head position all wrong.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
What on earth.. no. Are you telling me you don't see a knee raise just before contact? I think you stopped the video after 3 seconds. Wait for the head on angle.

This a technique players use to bump off people. It's illegal and highly dangerous.

It's a technique that he has also been using for years. Start at 0:20 sec

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Common with big PI wingers. Nalaga is a culprit too and recently got charged for it. Great to see something finally done about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.