• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A; 2:45am (AEDT) Sunday 11 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Wallabies by 50.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xpt1/t31.0-8/12079846_889450051120770_2331037192818516251_o.jpg

Scotty

David Codey (61)
North and Roberts to bash it up at Foley and Gits all day long and try and take them out of the game. Good tactic for Wales as lobby as they then don't turn it over at ruck time by angling towards Pockock and McMahon.

McMahon might have to act like a bit of a bodyguard for the inside backs. He has the mettle to do it well.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Foley and Gitts to run circles at North and Roberts. Pocock and McMahon to gain ascendency at the break down.

Aus tight five to continue.

Dreamt it all last night. Put your house on it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If only they had picked a 10 able to put people in holes through those channels.Oh, hang on. Never mind.

Should we hope one of the wingers gets injured so Beale can come in early again?

Did you see Foley's second try last weekend?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Whatever the result both of these sides will go into the quarters truly battle hardened. Hopefully they will be injury free.
TK will need to stand up this week to keep those big boyos quiet.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Tipuric plays a fast open game very well but struggles a bit when it gets tighter, Cuthbert has been a liability this WC, If we had anyone else I doubt he would be in the 23. Liam Williams has been injured for a long time played against England for the first time lasted about 1/2 an hr then had to go off.
As you have all suggested North not the same animal at 13, I personally would have gone with young Tyler Morgan leaving the threat of North where he does best.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Tyler Morgan looks to be a very exciting young player. I tend to agree with those that feel he is a little green for the big games but with all the injury concerns I was surprised to not see him named on the bench at least.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Ok, Hypothetical question here for anyone who wants to bite. What happens next week if McMahon comes out and has an absolute blinder against Wales....MOTM performance.....does Hooper come straight back in to #7 next week? ...or does McMahon keep his spot and we see Hooper on the bench as a super-sub finisher?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Ok, Hypothetical question here for anyone who wants to bite. What happens next week if McMahon comes out and has an absolute blinder against Wales..MOTM performance...does Hooper come straight back in to #7 next week? .or does McMahon keep his spot and we see Hooper on the bench as a super-sub finisher?

Hooper will come back into the starting side. He's the vice captain of the team and has been consistently one of our best players.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's gonna come down to how wales go in first 20 mins. No time for the expermental backline to settle. Australia will send it wide from the off. If we're 14 or more down its gonna be a helluva climb to get back. If it's close at half time we ll win

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It's gonna come down to how wales go in first 20 mins. No time for the expermental backline to settle. Australia will send it wide from the off. If we're 14 or more down its gonna be a helluva climb to get back. If it's close at half time we ll win
How do you figure that?? The current Wallabies have proven to be amongst the best finishers in the game.

Happy to be second half underdogs though.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
How do you figure that?? The current Wallabies have proven to be amongst the best finishers in the game.

Yes I find it hard to reconcile that comment myself as the new wallabies have shown the finishers for the A 23 squad chosen they are superb at finishing strongly.

Just so good to see wallabies so strong as never would have guessed to have so many strong form players at this stage of RWC this time last year and to have such a good bench to be confident of to finish off the game strongly. Good time to be a wallaby supporter....

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)

Then it'll be a great second half. Nz are the best at pulling off impossible wins but I reckon were OK too. First 20mins is the worry

Status
Not open for further replies.