• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interestingly on this point there has been talk of the CAS competition reverting back to the one round system. Many and I mean many of the Cranbrook, Aloysius and Trinity lower grades are unable to match up to the stronger schools of Waverley, Barker and Knox. The 15B grade for example Waverley and Knox played each 4 times in a 10 round competition if I am not mistaken. While there is still rugby depth at these schools there players appear to be getting weaker, creating havoc for scheduling. It is a shame to see this situation developing as the home and away format is very exciting and gives players great opportunities to play at other grounds as well at home.
RugbyKing , where did you hear that?

I have to say I agree ... yes sometimes the 2 round comp seems to be good but then you have something like ... this years Waverley v Cranbrook 15As cohort

This is the history:

13As 2013
Round 1 57-5 Waverley
Round 2 83-5 Waverley
14As 2014
Round 1 54-0
Round 2 55-0
15As 2015
Round 1 82-0
Round 2 53-0

Is it little wonder that Cranbrook kids in that age group are either trying to play down into lower teams, or have switched sports

The 2 round comp is going to only see players continue to leave

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Waverley should start doing what Joeys sensibly does and started pulling off players ... make it interesting ... play 12 on 15

otherwise it is of absolutely no interest ... and a safety concern

oldandslow

Herbert Moran (7)
I think Trinity will be in with a big chance with NSW stars in Wayland and Morris and players returning like Rasch and Longville. i just think that depth will once again be a problem for the men at SummerHill

Predictied 2016

4. Liam Rasch
8. James Wayland NSW JGC
10. Ryan Longville
12. Jordon Morris NSW JGC
14. Byron Hollingworth-Dessent 16's
15. Kordell Payne CAS U16

Agree that Longville will likely play 10. Trinity will need him with hands on the ball regularly to have a chance. Depth will be the problem again, but the lack of depth from previous years mean they have a team with a fair amount of 1st XV experience.

I think depth will likely mean TGS will struggle against the powerhouses of Knox and Waverley through a long season... But the funny thing about CAS is how unpredictable it is, so we will see.

Also, I think Trinity has an end of year tour to Japan. They've been very badly undercooked coming into the last two seasons of trials, so will be interesting to see if they have a more complete off-season leading into 2016.

leftrightout16

Peter Burge (5)
Predicted Cranbrook 2016

1.Tom Chernside (2nds)
2.Jack Suriano (1sts)
3.Joff Pilton (16A's, CAS 16's)
4.Mack Matters (2nds)
5.Josh Kemeny (1sts, CAS 2nds)
6.Charlie Crammond (16A's, CAS 16's)
7.Matthew Renolyds (2nds but must of been injured as he didn't play much)
8.Andrew Spira (Easts cults)
9.Harry Doyle (1sts/2nds)
10.Finnbar Stenmark (1sts, CAS 16's)
11.Mitch Dickins (16'A's/1sts, CAS 16's)
12.Ed Renton (2nds)
13.Darcy Searl (1sts)
14.George Gibson (1sts)
15. Harrison Stewart (2nds)

Few others that played well last year that are very borderline 1st players for 2016.

theauthority123

Bob McCowan (2)
Predicted Cranbrook 2016

1.Tom Chernside (2nds)
2.Jack Suriano (1sts)
3.Joff Pilton (16A's, CAS 16's)
4.Mack Matters (2nds)
5.Josh Kemeny (1sts, CAS 2nds)
6.Charlie Crammond (16A's, CAS 16's)
7.Matthew Renolyds (2nds but must of been injured as he didn't play much)
8.Andrew Spira (Easts cults)
9.Harry Doyle (1sts/2nds)
10.Finnbar Stenmark (1sts, CAS 16's)
11.Mitch Dickins (16'A's/1sts, CAS 16's)
12.Ed Renton (2nds)
13.Darcy Searl (1sts)
14.George Gibson (1sts)
15. Harrison Stewart (2nds)

Few others that played well last year that are very borderline 1st players for 2016.

My Cranbrook mock team

1. Andrew Glastras (16's South Harbour)
2. Jack Suriano (1sts)
3. Joff Pilton (CAS 16's)
4. Mack Matters (2nds)
5. Jake Broekhuizen (CAS 16's)
6. Charlie Crammond (CAS 16's)
7. Josh Kemeny (CAS 2nds)
8. Andrew Spira (3rds East Colts)
9. Harry Doyle (2nds)
10. Finnbar Stenmark (CAS 16's)
11. Mitch Dickins (CAS 16's)
12. Darcy Searl (1sts)
13. Noah Busteed (2nds)
14. Harrison Stewart (2nds)
15. Ed Renton (2nds)

Other Notables
George Gibson- Wing
Tom Burston- Second Row
Matt Reynolds- Scrumhalf/Flanker
Tom Chirnside- Prop

Pilfer

Bob McCowan (2)
Aloys 1st XV Will be a very interesting team to watch. With athe 16as of 2015 going defeated and the 16as of 2014 going defeated it will be interesting to watch. Aloys has some very talented players, but might lack the consistency, depth and size to win. But aloys proved this year that chemistry and skill can make up for a lot of things. But as Knox showed Size definitely does help. Alas a job opportunity in rugby deprived Asia (excluding Japan) means I will have to watch from afar next year. This is my team for Aloys 2016. I wish you the best of luck
1- Kennedy
2- Gillman
3- Rahme
4- Halliday
5-Pardington
6- Denny
7- Hardina
8- Hardina
9 - Heath
10 - Dainton
11 - Mazaraki
12- Nissan
13- Freed
14 - Dunlop
15- Slaven

Interesting to see where slaven plays, talented player who played 13 this year due to a gal anted backline. But has played anywhere from 9-15. 9 at state and 15 in the 16a's. Others players to look out for Dainton state rep coming back from injury and the Hadrina twins, who make up for lack of size with aggression.

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Can someone confirm if Jackson Mohi from Waverley will be back next year?

He's staying for pathways - young for his age so I guess it's justifiable. Mostly solid at fullback during the season, few brain explosions.

A newcomer to the College is big Jordan Paea - probably starting front row for the first XV next year, I think he may have spent some time at Newington and may also have come via Marist Brothers at Pagewood.

Training has just started this week for the rugby boys, big things to come hopefully, solid group coming up as well, but obvious size difference between boys in the year above, should be good to develop for their graduation year.

harry247

Allen Oxlade (6)
He's staying for pathways - young for his age so I guess it's justifiable. Mostly solid at fullback during the season, few brain explosions.

A newcomer to the College is big Jordan Paea - probably starting front row for the first XV next year, I think he may have spent some time at Newington and may also have come via Marist Brothers at Pagewood.

Training has just started this week for the rugby boys, big things to come hopefully, solid group coming up as well, but obvious size difference between boys in the year above, should be good to develop for their graduation year.

Any idea of a starting line up

S

sidelineview

You guess it's justifiable? Pathways is an excellent concept and Jackson Mohi is entitled to take up the option seeing as he will be the same age as his fellow Year 12 students next year. And good luck to him.

"Mostly solid at fullback, a few brain explosions'' ?
I'm trying to recall one brain explosion let alone three! Mohi can play wing, centre or fullback. I'm not sure which position will better suit his ambitions for Rep rugby, but he's a very talented and speedy player regardless. He played some very good games last season.

CASrugby

Bob McCowan (2)
1. T.Chirnside
2. J.Suriano
3. J.Pilton
4. T.Burston
5. J.Broekhuizen
6. J.Kemeny
7. M.Matters
8. A.Spira
9. M.Reynolds
10. F.Stenmark
11. G.Gibson
12. D.Searl
13. M.Dickins
14. A.Glastras
15. H.Stewart

E.Renton will most likely be injured, so not included in my side

S

Slim

WRT to Aloys 2016, Pilfer,

Bet you that isn't the team. Halliday HSC and 14 Dunlop HSC

The back line will not be your prediction that is for sure!!!
May include some of those names but not in those positions.

Will have to wait for the usual rush of rugby scholarships over the Xmas break, asses the talent before any accurate predictions can be made.

S

Slim

U17 SEVENS TOURNAMENT WAGGA WAGGA 5/6 December 2015

After much deliberation by ARU, NSWRU the SJRU have decided not to let other ie. Private school boys who DONT play SJRU try out for their team for the upcoming event. They have a trial at Grantham Reserve Blactown at 4 pm this Sunday

NSWRU is trying to get a team together but subject to coaches, funding etc are not sure...

Boys must turn 17 this year to be eligible.

Stay tuned..

Status
Not open for further replies.