• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Does the QRU take a hands on approach with allocating QPR allegiances for newly contracted players. Especially the interstate, overseas, and League players with no formal club allegiance?

dizzle

Peter Burge (5)
Hello gentlemen, good to be back and looking forward to 2016 already!!!
Will be an interesting season I think.
I like the conversation about kerevi going to souths... If I was GPS I would be saying catch ya!! There is no real benefit to having someone like that as you may only get a few games.. If that out of them anyways...
GPS will be big improves with tucker now assisting in the coaching ranks.. Brothers will be strong again with a club legend now in the premier coaching ranks.
I do think the Tigers will struggle next season.. Sampson leaving will leave a large hole in the club which unfortunately may be to big to fill next year... I could be wrong... Have known to be once or twice..
My top 4:
1. Uni
2. Bond
3. GPS
4. Brothers

No sunnybank...

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Norths Eagles Senior Player Information Evening is next Thursday, 22nd October, 6.30pm.

Colts-Under19s is in a few weeks time. Nov 1st.

If you want to see first hand what the club has planned for 2016, come down to Shaw Road next Thursday at 6.30pm.

New, old, former, current, past, present, future, young, returning, retiring, should retire, already has retired, wants to keep playing, just want to get out the house...... players are all welcome!!!!

See you there!

Player Evening.jpg

oh and ABs v Ireland final..... :p

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
TrainerGB - any thoughts on all the chat and speculation about Norths? Will the Eagles break their 40 year premiership drought in 2016? I imagine you're looking forward to Round 1 at Crosby Park. Always love the Northside Derby.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just a thought about Norths and the suggestion in this forum that an investor has injected funds into the club which will allow the club to pay players. I thought that QPR was designated as purely amateur when NRC was introduced. Am I correct or has this changed?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
I hear the Norths players are being paid in rainbows and unicorns. Only time Norths are in contention for the cup is before the season starts. Lot of rumours at presents with not much supporting evidence but I guess that's the whole premise of this forum.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Filth - always a great day!!

It would be great if that happened, but I and many others would be very happy with a top 6 finish in 2016, top 4 in 2017 & 2018 and maybe the cheese in 2019.

Taking small steps every day, will eventually get us to the top.
Taking a big leap forward, will just have us stumbling back to the bottom.

Regarding the chat - just like Iron Mike Tyson said:

"Any publithity ith good publithity"

But seriously, a lot of the stuff being thrown around on here is quite amusing and very hard to not reply too :D

As per, it will just comes down to Round 1 and who runs out in their respective club jerseys.

Warhorse - I don't think there is regulation in the QPR legislation advising players cannot be paid? But I could be wrong... I was once before.

In saying that, please don't take that as admission that I am aware of any players being paid, or players coming to the club, or too much going on at the Nest.

I am on the outer this coming season through choice) as I retired... again.... again....

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
TGB will you be attending the meeting? Any chance you could report back on any truths or misgivings that have been mentioned on the forum (if they are brought up at the meeting).

I actually wouldn't mind going along but I'm afraid I'd be spotted for an impostor before I get out of the carpark.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Big Dog, highly likely I will be there, as I am as intrigued as most on here about what's going to happen or what is happening at the Northern Nest.

Regarding reporting back, as it is a public and open meeting for all potential 2016 Eagles, I cant see why I couldn't report what was discussed openly at the meeting.

Scrum doctor

Bob McCowan (2)
Big Dog, highly likely I will be there, as I am as intrigued as most on here about what's going to happen or what is happening at the Northern Nest.

Regarding reporting back, as it is a public and open meeting for all potential 2016 Eagles, I cant see why I couldn't report what was discussed openly at the meeting.

On this, Can everyone provide 3 returning players from each club they are expecting a big season from in 2016. TGB players from the northern nest your looking forward to seeing in 2016?

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
My thoughts:
Kristian Satui will have another outstanding year in the 7 jersey. He worked really hard to get into the Prems side, and was consistently the best Eagle on the paddock for the latter part of the season.
Very surprised he didn't even get a look in for NRC. Although probably classed as too "small", he is pound for pound one of the toughest fellas I have seen. His half time full time vomit sessions are awesome!! He hates his body!

Garrath Ryan will be another one to look forward to watching again. Again, another Eagle overlooked for NRC, most likely due to his youth, but to play the type of football he has over the last 2 seasons, in the front row of all places (poor fella), he will get another rep jersey to add to his QLD 20s kit next year if he keeps going the way he is.

Veresa Mataitini.... as per usual.
Hopefully the brand the Eagles play in 2016 will see him with the ball in hand as much as possible.
Has had a quiet couple of seasons with a few niggles, but looks fit and strong in the offseason. Has been working hard in the gym and should also be NRC next year.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Logan would be an awesome edition to the competition. Two years ago or so, I think they managed to beat Brothers in the Doughty Shield with less teams, so the potential for depth is definitely there.

Logan being added to the comp would certainly take away players from Sunnybank, Souths and Uni.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Logan would be great!!
Fill in that bye round for everyone except Prems. Home and away games.
Only issue would be Bond and a 1st grade, 2nd grade etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.