• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ranfurly Shield, ITM Cup & Heartland Championship: NZ domestic comps 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FT Makos 35-17 'naki so SF are Cantabs v 'naki (really, really hoping my pre-season gut feeling they'd beat us in a SF is proved wrong) & Aucks v Makos (really, really hoping they knock the b'stards off so (a) we don't have to & (b) we get an all-South Island GF :))

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Entertaining match last night between Taranaki and Tasman. In the end, a good win for the Makos after being dominated in the first half. The Waratahs will be going over the video looking at what went wrong at scrum-time with their recruit Angus Ta'avao, who had a good match otherwise. Disappointing to see the friction between the referee and a fair few of the Mako senior players.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
What an exciting match between Hawkes Bay and Waikato! All hail Damien McKenzie, the kid has it all. Congratulations to the Mooloos on winning the Ranfurly Shield.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bugger! Not only did I miss this due to unforeseen circumstances

image.jpeg

but as the circumstances were unforeseen I didn't record it therefore can't even watch a replay, gotta wait for someone to put the highlights on YouTube.

Silver lining-wise Mooloos will definitely stay in the Prem next year (& Turbos def. get relegated) which means there's a reasonable chance my Cantabs may get a challenge.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It wasn't on foxtel WOB, so we all missed it ( well I couldn,t find it)!! Apparently a cracker of a game.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)

View attachment 7025

but as the circumstances were unforeseen I didn't record it therefore can't even watch a replay, gotta wait for someone to put the highlights on YouTube.

Silver lining-wise Mooloos will definitely stay in the Prem next year (& Turbos def. get relegated) which means there's a reasonable chance my Cantabs may get a challenge.

It was on replay at 7:30 this morning. Watched a stream last night though.
I must admit, I almost cried. I just cant stand the thought of a Bay junior being the one taking the Log off of us. Brilliant play though all game. Was really hoping for a miracle in the end but 3 tries in the last 3 minutes seemed a bridge two far. Bring on the finals though. Now have to wait and see if the Bay can return to the Premiership.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)

View attachment 7025

Okay, here's what you do:

Go to YouTube and search for
ITM Cup 2015 R09 Hawkes Bay Waikato

A bunch of things will pop up. Near the top is a drop-down for Filters. Click on that and choose Today (or if you're reading this a few days from now, choose This Week). The game should show up for you. And it's worth it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cantabs 39-20 Stags & finish top of table as expected, Turbos 39-33 Wellys but will still be relegated.

Premiership SF: Canterbury v Taranaki, Tasman v Auckland: in Auckland if they beat Counties-Manukau, in Nelson if they don't.
Championship SF: Hawkes Bay v Bay of Plenty, Wellington v Otago.

Mighty 'nua 31-44 Buller so top seed for the Lochore by virtue of losing to Wai-Bush in the regular season.

Meads Cup SF: South Canterbury v Wairarapa-Bush, Mid Canterbury v Wanganui
Lochore Cup SF: Horowhenua-Kapiti v North Otago, King Country v Buller

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
HT Hogs 29-16 Steamers. No idea how the TMO could give Otago's last two tries: first one looked like he lost it, second was help up in goal for all money.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Found some highlights of Friday's Shield game:

What are others opinions on the pass at 1:40. NZ rugby if the ball comes out backwards but drifts forward it seems to be play on (which is the way I think it should be, even if I do support the Bay), but watching the RWC it seems to be the opposite rulings?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ oh shit, not that can of worms! OK: ball comes out of the hands in a backwards motion = play on even if it then drifts (or hits the ground & bounce) forward. It's in the Laws of both Rugby & Physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.