• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 1 - NZ vs RSA Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Blue - what abut Lambie to fullback?
Meyer seems to have ignored this as an option. Doesn't offer as much as Willie on attack, but is a lot more solid under the high ball and has a much more reliable kicking game. Willie has been a real weakness at the back at times this year and has not been providing much attacking flair either.

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
So I'd be fairly confident of still winning, regardless of whether its rain or shine (/gloomy).

You're almost certainly right but the scariest part of the ABs attack is their short offload game - it accounted for most of the points that weren't directly off the Savea-bus against France.

Those short offloads won't (*shouldn't - you bastards always amaze me) work in the wet and could be a source of turnover ball or scoop'n'score for the Boks.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Given that the 'Lad from Limpopo' is 38 years and five months old, will this be Victor's second-last Rugby international?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crockett injured??
Wasn't he the player that was hooked for playing stacks-on v the froggies.
Must have strained his groin attempting a higher degree of difficulty dive than he was capable of.

Nah, sniper got him, how else do you explain a bloke ambling in the general direction of a maul then just falling over for no apparent reason. Sniper got him for sure :)

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Replying to a couple of points. If you had asked the question about Willie two years ago, no problem. He's always made errors but contributed more positives. At the moment though, something isn't working. I like team stability, so can understand his selection but he needs to play a blinder soon. I disagree with Paarl about Lambie's kicking out of hand. I think it's probably better than Willie (every time Willie kicks I close my eyes waiting to see if it's out on the full). If Willie plays well he can be our game changer and we need one of those. So I can see arguments for and against.

Regarding the weather, I've never been too sure if wet weather really favours the Boks. Sure, in theory it favours out game plan, but apart from Cape Town, most of South Africa has dry winters. Our players are not as used to wet conditions and we tend to make a lot if errors. NZ is wetter in the rugby season than SA I'd expect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just saw a William Hill Australia "sports update" during 9 News, they're offering $4.00 on the Boks. I've never bet against the AB (or for that matter Canterbury (in any sport), Crusaders or 'nua) & I'm not about to start but fuck me that's just insane & sooooo tempting.................

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
2015-10-23 02.jpg

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Blue - what abut Lambie to fullback?

For some reason before the tournament Meyer said that Lambie is going as an out and out 10.

I have no idea why as he has done well at 15 in the past.

Then the went and bloody picked Kirchner as the backup 15.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
You're right, that would be a good choice.

He was injured and therefore not part of the original squad. Meyer likes him. Some still feel that De Allende / Serfontein is the better combination but they have noir had time together. If Willie does not get his shit together next year I think we might see Kriel at 15 as a long term Bok option.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
No smaller than Willie. And Willie has kicked like shite. He has done most things really poorly all year.

I am shitting myself knowing that he's our last line of defence. He tackles like the fairy godmother. At least Kirchner and Lambie have always been good defenders.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I am shitting myself knowing that he's our last line of defence. He tackles like the fairy godmother. At least Kirchner and Lambie have always been good defenders.
please dont mention the name Kirschner. He is neither here nor there , in fact nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.