• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Even having both Pocock and Folau fit would be great, even if caution dictates against one or both playing. What was really worrying me was that they had tournement-ending injuries. Sio is less of a loss, since Slipper's such a like-for-like replacement.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm not sure that Slipper can replicate Sio's brute strength, which comes in very handy in the first few scrums. Slipper has a bunch of experience but Sio just seems to over power his opposite from the start.
The Argie scrum was not so impressive last week so it my be a wash.

Love to have all 3 (injured) but will take 2 with a little sugar on top!

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Okay, here's something that may be sacrilege:

TPN starts instead of Moore.

Based on an assumption that Polota-Nau is better in the scrum than Moore. While I'm not convinced this assumption is true (to put it mildly), I'm putting it out there to stir discussion. :)

This would be a one-off swap for the Argie match. Anything for the team right? Squeak would do it if it was the case.

Should we prevail, he'd be reinstated for the next one. Countering the AB or Bok scrums wouldn't be the main key to the game when other areas are critical. I'd rather have a better lineout thrower for them (despite Moore having a few low ones, he's still better in that regard).

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Okay, here's something that may be sacrilege:

TPN starts instead of Moore.

Based on assumption that Polota-Nau is better in the scrum than Moore. While I'm not convinced this assumption is true (to put it mildly), I'm putting it out there to stir discussion. :)

This would be a one-off swap for the Argie match. Anything for the team right? Squeak would do it if it was the case.

Should we prevail, he'd be reinstated for the next one. Countering the AB or Bok scrums would not be main key to the game when other areas are critical. I'd rather have a better lineout thrower for them (despite Moore having a few low ones, he's still better in that regard).

I've long advocated TPN to start and go nuts for 25-30 minutes during the sorting out period when you want to establish physical dominance in the scrums and in the loose, with Moore to then come on and play out the bulk of the match. In tight is the only place you would want your impact player to start - and the front row is the only place you can afford to given the safety net of bringing a player back on if something goes wrong.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Ok first things first - I've been drinking.

Second things second: The Concourse Bar at Wynyard station is the only placed you can piss now that they're refurbishing the station.

Third things third: said bar appears to have lingerie waitresses - fucking FIT ones and not single Mum skanks - with g-string n shit on a Friday night.

So anyway. Fuck what was I saying? Uh fuck..

Go the wobbles! Fuck yeah. Trains are boring. Shit

This is the most Gonzo piece of reporting on GAGR since barbarian upset Ireland. Long may it continue.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
So does Cheika genuinely not know if they'll be fit or is he foxing?

Because delaying the naming of the team by a couple of hours this late in the process seems kind of dumb. You would hope the medical staff would know by now if they are yay or nay.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Last week he announced it 1 hour before the deadline and I think he'll do the same again. So 2am.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
So does Cheika genuinely not know if they'll be fit or is he foxing?

Because delaying the naming of the team by a couple of hours this late in the process seems kind of dumb. You would hope the medical staff would know by now if they are yay or nay.

Some tests might have prompted other tests. Better safe than sorry.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Ok first things first - I've been drinking.

Second things second: The Concourse Bar at Wynyard station is the only placed you can piss now that they're refurbishing the station.

Third things third: said bar appears to have lingerie waitresses - fucking FIT ones and not single Mum skanks - with g-string n shit on a Friday night.

So anyway. Fuck what was I saying? Uh fuck..

Go the wobbles! Fuck yeah. Trains are boring. Shit

Classic Pfitzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.