• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Grand Final 2015: Brisbane City vs Canberra Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Tickets for the match start $5 for juniors, $15 for concession and $20 for adults when purchased online prior to the match, with registered junior club participants under the age of 16 given free entry when accompanied by a paying adult.

Tickets can be purchased at www.redsrugby.com.au.

Saturday’s match kicks off at 3:00pm (AEST) and the match will also be televised on Fox Sports Channel 502.

McInnes Wilson Lawyers Brisbane City side to face Canberra Vikings in the Buildcorp NRC grand final on Saturday, 31 October.

1. Matt Mafi – Brothers
2. Andrew Ready – Reds/Easts
3. Sam Talakai – Reds/GPS
4. Ben Hyne - Brothers
5. Cadeyrn Neville – Reds/Manly
6. Luke Beauchamp - Brothers
7. Liam Gill (C) – Reds/Sunnybank
8. Adam Korczyk – Reds/University of Queensland
9. Nick Frisby – Reds/GPS
10. Jake McIntyre – Reds/Sunnybank
11. Junior Laloifi – Sunnybank
12. Henry Taefu – Sunnybank
13. Samu Kerevi – Reds/GPS
14. Chris Kuridrani - Reds / GPS
15. Karmichael Hunt – Reds/Brothers

Reserves
16. Ryan Freney - GPS
17. Markus Vanzati - Souths
18. Feao Fotuaika - Sunnybank
19. Corey Thomas - GPS
20. Waita Setu - GPS
21. Moses Sorovi – University of Queensland
22. Alex Gibbon – Southern Districts
23. Mika Tela - Souths

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Brisbane missing Petowa Paraka in the scrum, that will be a big loss for the scrum battle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
UC Vikings side to play Brisbane City in the Buildcorp NRC Grand Final:
1. Allan Ala'alatoa
2. Robbie Abel
3. Ben Alexander
4. Rory Arnold
5. Blake Enever
6. Dean Oakman-Hunt
7. Jarrad Butler (c)
8. Ita Vaea
9. Joe Powell
10. Christian Lealiifano
11. Jerome Niumata
12. Rodney Iona
13. Nigel Ah Wong
14. James Dargaville
15. Isaac Thompson

16. Albert Anae
17. Sione Taula
18. Leslie Leulua’iali’i-Makin
19. Michael Oakman-Hunt
20. Rowan Perry
21. Brent Hamlin
22. Mitch Third
23. Francis Fainifo

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Hopefully the Ballymore ground staff have moved the plovers on. It may have been amusing to watch (in a schadenfreude type way) but I don't think the players would appreciate getting attacked again.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hopefully the Ballymore ground staff have moved the plovers on. It may have been amusing to watch (in a schadenfreude type way) but I don't think the players would appreciate getting attacked again.

they moved them before the game. They just made their way back.

They have worked with the RSPCA to move them again and apparently the RSPCA are satisfied that they shouldn't return.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Vikings should win this by 20. Won't start that awful again and will dominate the set-pieces.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Won't start that awful again

Vikings dominated the 2nd half and when they got the forwards rolling with their maul and scrum going they were unstoppable. Vikings played the 1st half poorly with their defensive tactics, won't do that again and couple of the forward passes again won't work.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Vikings dominated the 2nd half and when they got the forwards rolling with their maul and scrum going they were unstoppable. Vikings played the 1st half poorly with their defensive tactics, won't do that again and couple of the forward passes again won't work.

Vikings dominated the second like Brisbane dominated the first half. The scoreline read 32-5, 5 minutes after oranges.
That day the Brisbane City scrum was on top until Paraka came off with Hyne at about the 60 min mark.
City then played a man down for the last 10 minutes in which the Vikings came back with fire. Then the city scrum was down to 7.

IMO the only way the Vikings will win is if there bench get more game time than previous games. Makin, Anae and Taula all made big impacts off the bench alongside Fainifo

T

TOCC

Vikings lost when they had home advantage, Brisbane City let the Vikings back into the game, they won't let that happen again.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I am a bit with Qwerty here. There was little between the two sides in that first half, in fact imo City were very lucky to be leading at half time. They had about the same number of opportunities as the Vikings, but put points on when the opportunity presented while the Vikings botched nearly all of theirs. I don't expect that to happen in the final. And, the final pass to KHunt for his try was most definitely forward.

It will be close, but I am a little bit confident that the Vikings will prevail.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Officials:

Referee: Andrew Lees
Assistant referees: Rohan Hoffmann, Will Houston
Television match official: Greg Milne
Coach: Mick Tanzer

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
FFS. Do refs get rewarded for incompetence these days? Lees and Hoffman.....geez, could it be much worse?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
TOCC - Mafi is very strong at scrum time, but that's usually when playing hooker. It should provide a very good test for him up against former 50+ capped Wallaby Ben Alexander. Apparently Nick Stiles sees a lot of promise in Mafi. Stiles' biggest concern was Mafi's fitness, but there is definitely a lot of potential there. Sam Talakai is another player with enormous potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.