• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relance

Herbert Moran (7)
I know that's a bit weird coming from a man hailing from that town, but would any of you guys know about an Aussie bar in Paris where I could go to if I want to sing a couple of Waltzing Mathilda to celebrate something on Saturday, at around 7 pm ? I'm not looking for a French, neutral place, and I'd like to avoid Café OZ. The Scottish pub where I usually go for non-French games has displayed quite conspicuously they'll be rooting for the darkness, so that's not an option.
Carn Wallabies !

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Well chaps, my road to the RWC is about to officially kick off as the young fella and I are about to jump in the car and make our way from Seattle up to Vancouver BC as we are flying out to London tonight. I'll post a few picks in this thread along the way unless anyone objects?

I am hoping that the traveling is going to take the edge of the butterflies in my stomach that just won't subside. I swear every time I read something or start thinking about the game I feel bloody ill with anxiety.

Anyway, go you good things, let's bring back Bill!!!!

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Well chaps, my road to the RWC is about to officially kick off as the young fella and I are about to jump in the car and make our way from Seattle up to Vancouver BC as we are flying out to London tonight. I'll post a few picks in this thread along the way unless anyone objects?

I am hoping that the traveling is going to take the edge of the butterflies in my stomach that just won't subside. I swear every time I read something or start thinking about the game I feel bloody ill with anxiety.

Anyway, go you good things, let's bring back Bill!!!!
Mate post pics like a teenage girl at a Justin blierber concert! If we can't be there in person we can at least live vicariously!

Never has a Friday looked so long...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's funny isn't it? I know I'm a die-hard ABs fan but I just don't see this cockiness or arrogance that some here seem to think is so prevalent in the AB camp?!

I just dont think they are playing as good as they have in the past. But that could be that the wallabies are playing better so it's all closer. When I say past I just mean last year..

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Well chaps, my road to the RWC is about to officially kick off as the young fella and I are about to jump in the car and make our way from Seattle up to Vancouver BC as we are flying out to London tonight.

was thinking 'man, that's leaving it late' but I spose it's a helluva lot quicker from there than aus. How long is the trip? And if not rude, what sort of cost is the trip?

TBH tho, our collective admiration for 'what a gung ho chap to head off just for the final' just came down that tiny little bit haha.

have fun

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Pretend you're Australian
Go to YouTube and look for any interview he's ever given before a test against Australia.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
So there is nothing from this RWC (which is what we are talking about) to back up this 'arrogance' claim :)

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
I'd say Hansen has fired the first shot with his 'they can call us whatever they want and they probably will - they're Australian' comment.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
I propose we all (Kiwis, Aussies and Saffas) join a thread in the general section on Monday and hug all this testiness out.

Until then, game on!

Reactions: dru

Tex

John Thornett (49)
There are some good lines in this piece. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...y-winds-up-Kiwis-better-than-the-Aussies.html

"The relationship, in sport and beyond is roughly akin to that between two squabbling teenage siblings, where big brother Australia devises ever more playful forms of antagonism and where little New Zealand unfailingly takes the bait. When one gentleman from Brisbane put New Zealand up for sale on eBay in 2006, at a starting price of one cent – listing such attractions as “the dodgiest America’s Cup win in history, plus very ordinary weather” – the result was almost a major diplomatic incident."

"Not that the Kiwis are innocent of reverse provocation, however. Robert Muldoon, their former prime minister, stoked outrage by quipping that the increased emigration from New Zealand to Australia during the Eighties was “helping to raise the IQ of both countries”."

"Anybody buying too deeply into the pantomime conflict of their Bledisloe Cup battles should have paused to witness this year’s moving ceremonies before each match to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Gallipoli, where the Anzac soldiers fought and suffered appalling losses as one. Each year, a dawn service on that desolate strip of Turkish coastline unfolds in a mournful silence to render any sporting duel a mere frippery. Much as the adversaries at Twickenham might seek to persuade us otherwise, theirs is a phoney war, rooted far more in laughs than loathing."

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I'd say Hansen has fired the first shot with his 'they can call us whatever they want and they probably will - they're Australian' comment.
Hansen's a douche

Why not quote everything he said?

"Yeah, they've had a few bumps and adversity, but what I think Australia have done in the last 12 months, they've really had a look at themselves and made some really good changes.

"They have got real clarity in how they want to play the game. Michael Cheika and his crew can take a bow - they've done a great job.

"It's great for rugby. We need as many strong nations playing this game as possible, and Australia are one of the teams we'd expect to be strong all the time."

"They seem to have got their house in order, and are playing accordingly"

Really douche bag right there huh?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
LOL - well it is shit really.

Where is the evidence for this apparent arrogance from Hansen?

Mate we are all a bit tense right now. It's hard for anyone to deny Hansen's smug attitude and smart comments. They do come across as arrogant.

You know when you come across people who think they are smarter than everyone else? That kind of arrogant. Just my opinion.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Mate we are all a bit tense right now. It's hard for anyone to deny Hansen's smug attitude and smart comments. They do come across as arrogant.

You know when you come across people who think they are smarter than everyone else? That kind of arrogant. Just my opinion.

Eddy McGuire type arrogance... I would love to punch that guy in the Face!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The closer we get to this game, the more piss and vinegar gets thrown around.

Cool your fucking jets - the Aussie fans here are on a massive win-win: if we lose, well we can shrug and point to the AB squad's greatness (unless you're the kind of twat who simply can't). If we win WE FUCKING WIN!

But in either case, remember that your behaviour is what you get remembered for. Even trying to rub it in to specific posters here will only get you a reputation as a dickhead.

I can appreciate the situation Bullrush is in - when I hang out at the Kiwi rugby site its fucking hard not to fire up at the tsunami of derision and smugness. Its like schoolyard bullying FFS.

So grow up the lot of you.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
My advice - and this is genius level shit from me so you'd better fucking take it - is that when your team wins, acknowledge their efforts first and foremost. You don't even have to talk about the other team, but if you do, stow the bullshit.

You wouldn't do anything but shake hands with the opposition after a game on the field, would you?

So unless you're in the habit of walking up to the giant Tongan lock and saying "HA FUCKING SUCK IT!" after you knock his team over in the Grand Final, I recommend you show a bit of respect for the game and its participants.

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
Farrrrk - I'm actually genuinely not coping.

I didn't really sleep last night, watched all the replayed games on fox then finished Gregan's 'Half-back, half-forward' and even opened bloody Bob Dwyer's book for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.