• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

World Rugby Awards 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
If its a universal award, the year will probably be from November internationals 2014 to end of world cup 2015, and so on and so forth.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
I love the refs call when savea smashes his way thru three defenders and scores a try.

'Advantage over'

no shit einstein.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
In a rugby world cup year, surely the team and coach will just be whoever wins the World Cup.

Hard to go past that credential and accomplishment.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
It's got to be Eddie Jones - surely.

Jones - An amazing win against South Africa (a history defining win) but a loss to Scotland. Overall a nice RWC campaign that put Japan thoroughly on everyone rugby radar.

Hansen - Has a ridiculous win %. Possibly a winner of the RWC.

Cheika - Possibly a winner of the RWC, took the wallabies to the final in less then one year coach. - compare this to Deans who had 4 years and made it to the semi's. Although a poor EOYT to start with which doesn't give him the greatest win %, if he wins the RWC he will no doubt be coach of the year.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jones?? For denying Japan an opportunity in the quarter finals through short-sightedness!? You're kidding.

Make no mistake, Japan would've made the quarter finals if Jones didn't play his best side vs SA and rested them for the Scotland clash. Beating SA was stupid and foolish, two go through to the QF and one was ALWAYS going to be SA. Therefore Japan's competition was Scotland and Samoa and was imperative to win vs Scotland to deny them points. Beating SA denied that.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Jones - An amazing win against South Africa (a history defining win) but a loss to Scotland. Overall a nice RWC campaign that put Japan thoroughly on everyone rugby radar.

Hansen - Has a ridiculous win %. Possibly a winner of the RWC.

Cheika - Possibly a winner of the RWC, took the wallabies to the final in less then one year coach. - compare this to Deans who had 4 years and made it to the semi's. Although a poor EOYT to start with which doesn't give him the greatest win %, if he wins the RWC he will no doubt be coach of the year.

Cheika is now on 73% - 11 from 15. Not bad. Obviously a smallish sample compared to other Wallabies' coaches, but there you go.
It'll be Hansen or Cheika - dependent upon which team wins.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Cheika is now on 73% - 11 from 15. Not bad. Obviously a smallish sample compared to other Wallabies' coaches, but there you go.
It'll be Hansen or Cheika - dependent upon which team wins.

73% is very good in my opinion. I didn't realise it was that high now. I wish we could ride off the EOYT given he only had the the team for 2 weeks.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well you can. I do. I thought he had a fantastic EOYT all things considering. We nearly beat Ireland.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
In a rugby world cup year, surely the team and coach will just be whoever wins the World Cup.

Hard to go past that credential and accomplishment.

It seems so. Despite a shitty record in 2007, Jake White got it just because we won the world cup.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Jones?? For denying Japan an opportunity in the quarter finals through short-sightedness!? You're kidding.

Make no mistake, Japan would've made the quarter finals if Jones didn't play his best side vs SA and rested them for the Scotland clash. Beating SA was stupid and foolish, two go through to the QF and one was ALWAYS going to be SA. Therefore Japan's competition was Scotland and Samoa and was imperative to win vs Scotland to deny them points. Beating SA denied that.

What a load of shit. Firstly, that result will do more for Japanese rugby than just about anything in their history and secondly they were on low rest anyway. Blame the schedule, not Eddie.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Player of the year. I presume this is separate from player of the tournament?

Alun Wyn Jones
Greg Laidlaw
Dan Carter
Julian Savea
Michael Hooper
David Pocock

Status
Not open for further replies.