• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: ARG v SA - 3RD-PLACE PLAYOFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I had four bowls of cereal just to keep busy. Still farting. Too much weetbix. Fiber sorted for a week.

if the food you ate at 6 am this morning is making you fart now, you seriously need to see a gastroenterologist asap :eek:

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Meyer always talks about his relationship with Hansen and how he has such respect for him etc etc. I wonder if he does not mean Henson?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ Won't be seeing them at another RWC.

Bokke need to rebuild for RWC 2019.

They have some great young talent coming through. Time to back them.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Can someone explain what happens to the great rugby we see played by schools/under 20/under 23 etc teams in SA. The guys know how to play a running game. In this game we tried to play that at stages, but we looked so rusty. Then we reverted to "stampkar" rugby. I am sick of hearing how we lost bravely by only two points. Crap, we lost. The history books will show that. I would rather lose by twenty points playing decent rugby. We have a surfeit of talent but it is all squandered.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Can someone explain what happens to the great rugby we see played by schools/under 20/under 23 etc teams in SA. The guys know how to play a running game. In this game we tried to play that at stages, but we looked so rusty. Then we reverted to "stampkar" rugby. I am sick of hearing how we lost bravely by only two points. Crap, we lost. The history books will show that. I would rather lose by twenty points playing decent rugby. We have a surfeit of talent but it is all squandered.

Um, my guess is that they run into teams that defend hard, and can force errors with their defence. :confused:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

I think the rules under which your Varsity Cup are played (similar to our NRC with 5 point tries + 3 point conversions?) make your young blokes good on attack to start with. The defense isn't bad either.

Then they get to higher levels (Vodacom/Currie/whatever) and get it drummed out of them because its low-percentage.

Happens to the Poms too. They show some nice skills at U20 level but rarely let it translate to their club and Test scenes.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Cut throat nature of promotion relegation.

Although if I'm putting my conspiracy hat on, it'll be gone after this season. Welsh and Scottish were sniffing around the Pro12, while Yorkshire-Carnegie are playing better than they have in about a decade, I think they're afraid someone else will sneak up ahead of them and lock the door.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Er, it was a sartorial question. That is one well dressed to point out the inadequacies of the coaching staff.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

I ask myself the same question. How is it that the schools/varsity rugby in RSA is good and yet at senior level they seem to have had it all coached out of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.