• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Jonah Lomu has Died....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gee, that is bad news. He looked in good shape during RWC.

He redefined aspects of the game and was the first true global Superstar of Rugby.

Jerry Collins must have been smashing all the wingers up in Heaven for the Selectors up there to put Jonah's name on the team lists for this weekends game.

RIP Big Fella.

Really feel sorry for his kids. They will grow up without a father and that is tough for any kid. Really sad.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Rest easy big fella. As an Wobs supporter I feared watching you charge at our players, but admired you for the enthusiasm and passion you brought to the game.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
: Jonah Lomu highlights vid.

https://t.co/lytWW470hq

Is that Brendan Williams at 53 seconds being steamrolled? Pretty sure it is. Brendan tells a great yarn about his attempted tackle that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
The words "legend", "icon", and "star" are handed out by the media to many sportsmen and sportswomen every year.
Unlike many of them, Jonah Lomu was the "genuine article". It has been a privilege to have seen him play the game we all love.
Our condolences to his family, his friends, and to the whole New Zealand Rugby community.

Enzedder

Frank Nicholson (4)
Gutted - RIP Jonah

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12243105_10154951066941959_4828066783546660894_n.jpg?oh=3c1b54b70f8104f8a4ffbf7eab0f78c3&oe=56B519B1&__gda__=1454320533_5a0e5a16af84bd2f7491808f856bbfd0

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
RIP Jonah. An all time great.

I remember watching him play for Counties after he had left school and prior to making the Blues and not being able to believe my eyes that someone that large and powerful could run as fast as he could.

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
Tragic, Jonah Lomu was the first rugby player i ever knew, loved & wanted to be despite my love for the Wallabies, he just had that about him. An absolute superstar.

RIP mate

Status
Not open for further replies.