• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
so I just saw this pic of Fotu Auelua training with the Tah's in pre season (10 minutes after i said the force should nab him on their thread)

check it out, good depth cover?https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xpa1/t31.0-8/12240302_941364855898734_3779779377845138158_o.jpg

T

TOCC

He looks fairly overweight, but if they can get him in shape then he would provide good depth

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Word on the street is that Izzy only has essentially a bone spur on the back of his heel which causes him issues pushing off the foot. The extra "recovery" time was to get out of his Japanese contract.

I was told, obviously on a different street, that it was a level 2 syndismosis (spelling) which usually requires plates and surgery, but he kept trying to play thru the World Cup with it.
Either way, we just want him right for 2016!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Zac's off the booze.

I hope for his sake, and for the Tahs as well, that he can make further steps on his road to recovery.

On an entirely unrelated but related note, I am old enough to be able to remember the annual newspaper articles about Parramatta Eels legend Bob O'Reilly. Every pre-season towards the end of his stellar career, the papers would earnestly report that Bob was off the booze and that this would surely mean he would soon be bowling over defenders like never before. I was never a particular fan of league but I knew who O'Reilly was and I was quite amused to be reading one of these annual articles one afternoon as I was seated in the public bar of a Parramatta pub directly opposite O'Reilly who seemed to be knocking back schooners at the rate of two for every one of mine.

Things are different now of course and I think the Tahs will attempt to put a strong support network around Zac, who has said he has a problem with alcohol. The report quotes Zac as saying "this is the last chance saloon for me" which, if it is an accurate quote, is an unfortunate choice of words in the circumstances.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Zac's off the booze.

I hope for his sake, and for the Tahs as well, that he can make further steps on his road to recovery.

On an entirely unrelated but related note, I am old enough to be able to remember the annual newspaper articles about Parramatta Eels legend Bob O'Reilly. Every pre-season towards the end of his stellar career, the papers would earnestly report that Bob was off the booze and that this would surely mean he would soon be bowling over defenders like never before. I was never a particular fan of league but I knew who O'Reilly was and I was quite amused to be reading one of these annual articles one afternoon as I was seated in the public bar of a Parramatta pub directly opposite O'Reilly who seemed to be knocking back schooners at the rate of two for every one of mine.

Things are different now of course and I think the Tahs will attempt to put a strong support network around Zac, who has said he has a problem with alcohol. The report quotes Zac as saying "this is the last chance saloon for me" which, if it is an accurate quote, is an unfortunate choice of words in the circumstances.

Do u live in Parramatta? I would support to Zac if he could play for the Wallabies, but he can't. So I prefer a great season of Reece Robinson

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Do u live in Parramatta? I would support to Zac if he could play for the Wallabies, but he can't. So I prefer a great season of Reece Robinson

I have always rated Guildford, he is a bloody good player (a type of winger Aus does not have, that high work rate winger who will chase hard, run lines and work hard to get back and supporter the receiver all match) who has absolutely wasted his many opportunities.

Hopefully he can get his shit together, if he does, Gibson is a genius, if not .................................. well Gibson's selection decisions will have to be questioned.

Big, big decision by Gibson.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It is a big decision,when you take into account the other options available to Gibson ifhe turns out to be a flake.
He is left with a bunch of untested rookies & an ageing ex League player.
I generally prefer youth over experience,but I think L Turner might solve a lot of problems if they brought him back.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
So Rowan Perry is training with the Tahs. Bloody good for Aussie rugby. I really like this guy, I remember when he was the openside flanker of U20s two years ago. I thought he would be a Brumbies recruitment

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1448408055247.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1448408055247.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 509

papabear

Watty Friend (18)
Reece Robinson was a weapon for the raiders..

That said he never put his body on the line in defence and its been a while since he played for the raiders.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So Rowan Perry is training with the Tahs. Bloody good for Aussie rugby. I really like this guy, I remember when he was the openside flanker of U20s two years ago. I thought he would be a Brumbies recruitment

Who is the guy with the clown face?

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Who is the guy with the clown face?

Rowan "George Smith" Perry. He looks like the joker. Here a better picture, the first guy on the right with looooooong hair

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1448428636911.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1448428636911.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 532

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Senio Toleofoa is also training preseason with the tahs. It would seem he is in high contention for that last lock spot. Seems to be a good prospect to me, but I'd prefer someone with experience seeing as we also Have Lousi doing the exact same development

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Hi,
I have been viewing the training photographs on the Tahs Facebook and I was and I was wondering, Does anyone know where the Benn Robinson is?

Also are Matt Phillip and Tomas Roberston training with us?

Thanks

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Alright so a list of players who are contracted or are training with the team.

*Contracted

Benn Robinson*
Jeremy Tilse*
Paddy Ryan*
Angus Ta'avao*
Cameron Orr
Matt Sandell
Tom Robertson

Tatafu Polota-Nau*
Tolu Latu*
Hugh Roach*

Sam Lousi*
Will Skelton*
Dean Mumm*
Senio Toleafoa
Matt Phillip

Dave Dennis*
Jed Holloway*
Michael Hooper*
Jack Dempsey*
Brad Wilkin*
Rowan Perry
Ned Hanigan
Fotu Auelua

Nick Phipps*
Jake Gordon
Jock Merriman

David Horwitz*
Bernard Foley*

Kurtley Beale*
Jim Stewart*
Rob Horne*
Matt Carraro*

Andrew Kellaway*
Reece Robinson*
Zac Guildford*
Israel Folau*
Henry Clunies-Ross
Harry Jones

There's also Tom Kingston and Pat McCutcheon who are training with the 7s squad.

Who have I missed? There's a couple I couldn't identify in the photos but got most of them.

http://www.waratahs.com.au/Waratahs/Team/SuperRugbySquad.aspx Strange that Taqele is still on there, it's been recently updated too.

Raytah

Allen Oxlade (6)
Alright so a list of players who are contracted or are training with the team.

Benn Robinson
Jeremy Tilse
Paddy Ryan
Angus Ta'avao
Cameron Orr
Matt Sandell

Tatafu Polota-Nau
Tolu Latu
Hughe Roach

Sam Lousi
Will Skelton
Dean Mumm
Senio Toleafoa
Matt Phillip

Dave Dennis
Jed Holloway
Michael Hooper
Rowan Perry
Ned Hanigan
Jack Dempsey
Fotu Auelua
Brad Wilkin

Nick Phipps
Jake Gordon

David Horwitz
Bernard Foley

Kurtley Beale
Jim Stewart
Rob Horne

Andrew Kellaway
Henry Clunies-Ross
Reece Robinson
Zac Guildford
Israel Folau
Matt Carraro

Who have I missed? There's a couple I couldn't identify in the photos but got most of them.

http://www.waratahs.com.au/Waratahs/Team/SuperRugbySquad.aspx Strange that Taqele is still on there, it's been recently updated too.

Jock Merriman (halfback) is training with them as well. Glad to see Ned Hanigan there I thought he was more impressive than Jack Dempsey in the NRC. Has the height and line out skills to make it as a top level blindside/lock.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Glad to see Ned Hanigan there I thought he was more impressive than Jack Dempsey in the NRC. Has the height and line out skills to make it as a top level blindside/lock.

Ned_Hanigan_rugby.jpg

Height: 194 cm
Weight: 104 kg

He's a bit thin to play at second row

Status
Not open for further replies.