• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Probably not because they have got a Grant to build a Clubhouse & update the Dressing Sheds on the current site
Might be a waste of money if they don't have a Rugby Team to play there !!

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
VALE Bob Conolly

A longtime servant of the game, star of the early days of rugby when you could be picked for the Reds, Waratahs or Wallabies as a jackeroo, schoolboy or club footy player.

Handy cricketer, Wallaby fullback and local stalwart at Ag College and Waratahs, originally from Molong who will be remembered in this area for Conolly Rugby Park.

Bob's effort and determination to develop that parcel of land along the Mango Road is a lasting reminder of his strength of character and will serve the local rugby community for many years into the future.

Rest In Peace old fella.

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
Sevens coming up in your neck of the wood Sam

Attachments

• Rugby 7\'s Tournament Poster Wagga .pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 354

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
SIRU AGM is this Sunday and it has a couple of interesting items in the Agenda including the prospect of a Premier Comp & 1 Grade Comp.
I reckon the Comp will be status quo for next year except that Coota will either join up with another SIRU Club, play in the Monaro 1 Grade Comp or go into recess.
I believe Young have been speaking with both Brumbies Rugby & Central West ?
Should be an interesting AGM

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
SIRU AGM is this Sunday and it has a couple of interesting items in the Agenda including the prospect of a Premier Comp & 1 Grade Comp.
I reckon the Comp will be status quo for next year except that Coota will either join up with another SIRU Club, play in the Monaro 1 Grade Comp or go into recess.
I believe Young have been speaking with both Brumbies Rugby & Central West ?
Should be an interesting AGM
There's no doubt that the AGM will be interesting, however I think that there'll be a pretty level headed approach to this by all clubs.

I'll be surprised if the competition stays as the status quo, I just can't see it happening. The rumours and stories doing the rounds at the minute are quite juicy but I guess all will be laid out on Sunday.

My mail says that the Yabbies are a key ingredient for both the Central West and Monaro West options and their intent could go a long way to deciding the future of three zones.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Well at least a few Clubs in our Zone can't say they have had a chance to look at their options for 2016.
I reckon its all a smokescreen from the likes of Young, Temora and Coota and they'll all be back next year with SIRU and have just wasted a lot of people's time - Yawn Yawn

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Any news from the AGM regarding structures of both senior and junior (griffith proposal) competitions for 2016, Any big changes or stories to come out of it?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Any news from the AGM regarding structures of both senior and junior (griffith proposal) competitions for 2016, Any big changes or stories to come out of it?

Nothing to come out of the AGM as yet. Board stays as is, Board will take away a number of proposals from the meeting to discuss in preparation for next season.

My mail says that NSW Country are working on a proposal similar to the 2014 Graincorp North and South and that Young have an option from Monaro/ACT Rugby to link up there.

Watch this space I guess...

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
My mail says that Temora, Coota & Young informed all the clubs in attendance that they are still looking at their options for next year
SIRU apparently set a deadline for Dec 10 for those clubs to inform them if they will be playing in the SIRU Comp next season.
The word is that the meeting got a little bit heated towards the end and Coota are unhappy with SIRU's lack of support in recent months.
My contact reckons they'll all stay in SIRU next year because the alternatives aren't that much better than what they are playing in at the moment
As Yourmatesam says watch this space !!

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Coota claiming lack of support is a cop out. They have been telling everyone who'd listen since May that they will start a new comp with or without SIRU, and that they'd given up on a second grade side. Too many years of expecting organic growth rather than working to rectify the issues. If clubs like Deni, Hay, Junee, and Temora aren't crying no support perhaps the issue lies inside the club rather than at SIRU...

I also heard that there was some mud slinging at the AGM towards Mick and the board from Coota. If that's the case its poor, really poor. If the attitude is fair towards SIRU they'll work with clubs. Shown it with Deni and Temora. Perhaps coota should look in their own backyard, fix their attitude and pull together to grow rather than blame everyone else...

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
My club had reps at the Meeting and said that the biggest problem for Coota is the people who were talking on behalf of the Club on Sunday.
Temora & Young apparently got their message across pretty well but the Coota spokespersons were too emotional and bascically want other Clubs in and out of the Zone & SIRU to come up with a Comp that simply keeps the Tri-Colours happy.
Would it be a great loss to the Zone if Coota didn't play in SIRU next year -Our club doesn't think so

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The DA had an article today and the C/West Rugby Magr said that Coota, Temora & Young will have the chance to tell C/West whether they want to play in their Competition by Dec 10

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Today's DA article... Wow. Now Coota want Young and Temora to hold their hands to make it easier.

I'm starting to think it might be easier to bid them farewell and all the best in central west. Seriously though, don't drag a rebuilding club and a strong rural club out of the zone to suit yourselves.

Plenty of egg on faces out at Coota currently

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I hear that Monaro's are on special at McAlister Motors at the moment.

Meeting tonight in Young to determine their future.

Coota and Temora are waiting on info from Central West before committing to an option for 2016.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Young are off to the Monaro Comp in 2016 in two grades plus 18's and 16's which is probably a good outcome for them as a club.

Temora have their AGM tonight and will be discussing their options for 2016.

Who knows what Cootamundra will do? I heard a rumour that the two Cootamundra "reps" at the AGM aren't financial members of the club which is a bit strange although I think one of the reps did hold a position with the club for a brief period of time?

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
That's a shame about Young. They had a solid juniors program and I think over they coming years they could become a real force within the competition.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
That's a shame about Young. They had a solid juniors program and I think over they coming years they could become a real force within the competition.
The Yabbies juniors still stay with SIRU juniors. I think it would have been a pretty quick decision for them, they're very lucky to be where they are in many ways and why not look at the comp in Canberra to see how they stack up?

I want to hear @ nipnipnip thoughts on this....

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
Young needed to try something differnt and good luck to them
If Temora have got their AGM tonight they will make their decision at that meeting
Central west seems the logical place to go for Temora & Coota but 1 Grade competitions aren't the place to be if you want to expand in the future - just ask Condobolin, Grenfell & Wyalong
I wonder where Deni & Hay might end up next year

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The Mail I'm hearing is Young off to Monaro & Temora & Coota have decided to move to the C/West 1 Grade Comp.
The word is Coota have had enough of SIRU and still reckon the Zone didn't support them in their time of need which I interpret to mean "Find us a Comp please SIRU where we can win more matches than we lose and we don't have any big trips on the road ? "
What sort of Comp will SIRU run next year - interesting times ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.