• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus vs NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
O'Keefe has been released so Aus aren't going the dual spin option. Be interesting if NZ now does.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Kiwis 2/80 at the end of the first session (tea in this test). Much more even contest between bat and ball than we've seen in the first two tests.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Very disappointed with Ch9 in Canberra. After all the hype about going HD from yesterday, the cricket here is still in SD. May be a consequence, but the pink ball is hard to see on the screen between the bowler and batsman.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Very disappointed with Ch9 in Canberra. After all the hype about going HD from yesterday, the cricket here is still in SD. May be a consequence, but the pink ball is hard to see on the screen between the bowler and batsman.
90 is Nine in HD

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think you spoke too soon,QH.5/121 with their 3 top batsmen gone.

Kiwis all out 202, which is about 80-100 short of what they needed. Aussies 2/54 at stumps - needed to fight hard to stay only 2 down. I thought that McCullum kept the spinner on too long there at the end - NZ really just needed to rotate the 3 quicks and maybe an over or two from the spinner at most.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Bad news day. Starc has a stress fracture in his foot and won't bowl again in the test. Suppose it's probable that he'll miss the WI tests as well.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
SOS to Mitch?

Would like to see it, but I don't think so. He seems to be pretty firm in his decsion to quit.

You'd think that Pattinson will come in next, but are there any other left handers who might be considered? Can't see Bollinger coming back to test cricket, and Faulkner is probably not a front line fast bowler. Who else?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Pattinson is the obvious replacement but now our bowling depth is going to be seriously tested. Pat Cummins would have been my preferred choice to Siddle but unfortunately his body is still broken and who knows if he will ever play consistently for Aus.

Fekete and Abbott are other options while Perth youngster Joel Paris has been impressive in the shield today and is a left-arm quick.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Two early wicket - Voges out to the first hint of swing this series edge to slips playing in front of his body, SMarsh runs himself out. 4/67

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The statistics given on SMarsh are damning: 28 innings - 7 ducks and another 5 scores of 4 or less.

0 in 25% of innings

4 or less 42.8% of innings

Time to say goodbye.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
MMarsh hangs bat out looking for an edge - keeper obliges - 5/80.

As soon as there is a hint of swing or movement, these guys look out of their depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.