• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ranfurly Shield, ITM Cup & Heartland Championship: NZ domestic comps 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Are these ITM Cup finals games on Foxtel or are people managing to stay up to date from other means?

I can't seem to find them on Foxtel. Am I looking in the wrong place? Wouldn't be surprised if I was.

Neither Heartland game was shown which is fair enough & last night's ITM game was shown live but for the Grand Final we've gotta wait until 7 fucking 30 Banjo time & watch a replay. All those channels including the multiple choice one they used for the Championship Final last night & they can't find one to stick it on? FFS, how's a bloke supposed to take his mind off the impending RWC Semi if not by watching his Cantabs v the 'orrible Aucks? Searching for streaming options now............

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Whilst Auckland are doing their utmost to shoot themselves in the foot with a 12 gauge shotgun (i.e. choosing to play into the wind, and then immediately proceeding to kick into said wind) that was a marshmallow soft yellow card.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Still, the pack is going alright despite being a man down, and Moala threw a nice Nonu-like cut-out pass.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Canterbury have been very, very efficient when they've had the ball, but haven't had all that much of it. Auckland, on the other hand, have had almost all the ball but haven't quite been able to break through the Canterbury defence. Still, they're going a lot better than I though they would.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ah well. Was an entertaining game to watch. Well done Canterbury. The Auckland u12's did quite well considering they were up against almost half a dozen All Blacks.

EDIT: Though I find it depressingly funny that the match ended on a 'lifting tackle' that was at the same level as the one earlier in the match, which warranted a yellow card from this ref.
[/SourGrapes]

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Canterbury 25 (Patrick Osborne, Dominic Bird, Ryan Crotty tries; Tom Taylor 2 pen 2 con) Auckland 23 (Greg Pleasants-Tate, Mitch Karpik tries; Simon Hickey 3 pen 2 con) HT: 19-16

Ah well. Was an entertaining game to watch. Well done Canterbury. The Auckland u12's did quite well considering they were up against almost half a dozen All Blacks.

U12's? What's in the taro up those ways?

image.jpeg

So the first leg of my hoped-for double has come in, hopefully that's an omen for the second leg in ~ 6 hours............

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Sheesh that seems like a harsh deal on the surface. Surprising since they have been on board since 2006 and Naming Rights sponsor for the past 6 years. :confused: Go NZRU!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Wynne Gray is possibly the nearest thing to a proper journo left at the Herald but the lack of follow-up on this, by him or anyone else, has got me wondering how accurate this is. If true it's a pretty fuckin' big deal & I'd expect people to be all over it & at the very least speculating who the new sponsor might be.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
the lack of follow-up on this, by him or anyone else, has got me wondering how accurate this is. If true it's a pretty fuckin' big deal & I'd expect people to be all over it & at the very least speculating who the new sponsor might be.
The lack of any denial, by anyone (including ITM), is significant.

If it is confirmed I will remained surprised. ITM seem to have done a great job. I can only assume that a bigger (or somehow better) deal has been done with someone.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

ODT article on the trial laws dated 23/12 twice refers to "Mitre 10 Cup".

Assuming M10 & ITM are roughly where they were at market share- & turnover-wise when I lived in NZ that probably represents a major sponsorship upgrade, from No. 4 in the building supplies & hardware market to No. 3 (Bunnings being No. 2 & PlaceMakers still No.1 AFAIK).

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
ODT article on 23/12 twice refers to "Mitre 10 Cup". Assuming M10 & ITM are roughly where they were at market share- & turnover-wise when I lived in NZ that probably represents a major sponsorship upgrade.
I saw that article but I've not seen any other reference to the Mitre 10 Cup ..... yet. I suppose we'll see/hear an announcement at a more appropriate time. In any event, I hope ITM are not lost to Rugby as sponsors.

I have previously suggested that Rugby/NPC is missing a great opportunity with this type of sponsorship. I believe (no, really) that when a player is yellow carded he should be directed to an area that contains a small timber deck, and three timber walls and a gate all ready to be assembled. He would be handed (non-powered) tools and required to assemble the sin-bin whilst reflecting on his mis-deeds. Should he complete the assembly task in less than 10 minutes he should be allowed to return to the field early (this would hopefully attract more tradies to the game).

Am I onto something here? Or am I on something here?

Status
Not open for further replies.