• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Bond have the right idea - throw money at good coaches rather than paying players

Bond will soon rival UQ in the number and extent of scholarships offered to players. Worth more than a small amount of cash and very difficult to match for all the other clubs. Education is not getting cheaper.

unsub god

Herbert Moran (7)
Colts 2016.jpg

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Souths Colts recruiting well

Souths play East this weekend, should be a great game.
Watched the Wests vs East game last weekend and the Easts Backline looked well drilled and fit. Looks like they have recruited well with several Qld Schoolboys lining up in both the forwards and Backs.
Wests looked a bit unorganised and on several occassions watched the East player run through large gaps. Their scrums were solid with some big boys doing some tough work in the front row. I think they had a Aust Schoolboy as their hooker.
I think the final score was 5 tries to 1 to Easts

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wests Defence in that Colts game was really poor, they just let the Easts 10 do what he wished, never closed him down.
It finished 3 tries to 1 not 5 to 1 by the way.
The Wests set-piece is extremely strong as seems to be a theme over there these days, the scrum ran over the top of Easts 4/5 times. Their lineout very good also with that excellent hooker.
I spoke to a friend at the game from Wests and said they still have a number of guys to come back into the frame for selection. Quite a few BBC boys there from last years side(Prop, flankers, fly-half)

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Easts defeated Souths 4 tries to 2 on the weekend.

Easts come up against Bond in their first round match. If pre-season form is any indicator, this should be a great game.

Should be interesting who is available/back from injury from both teams

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Easts defeated Souths 4 tries to 2 on the weekend.

Easts come up against Bond in their first round match. If pre-season form is any indicator, this should be a great game.

Should be interesting who is available/back from injury from both teams
Anybody know the Bond/East's lineups for the first game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Anybody know the Bond/East's lineups for the first game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probabily won't be released till mid/late week.
Both teams have players with injuries and they will need to be tested/assessed.
Both teams also have good depth, so players who have been playing well in 2nds may even come into the Prem Team.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Anyone fancy having a swing at a year end table?

Mine, from a largely ignorant perspective:

Uni
Daylight
Bank
Souths
Bond
Easts
Filth
GPS
Norths
Combined one-legged Under 9 girls
Wests

Give me yours now.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Uni have a good chunk of the shoolboys coming through so they should hold strong. Souths have a few that may still be in rehab or on u20's duty. Bond may surprise a few as they too have picked up a handfull of shoolboys in their Colts side, however the teams have not been listed as yet and who is in and who is out or injured could make the difference esecially in the first few rounds.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Anyone fancy having a swing at a year end table?

Mine, from a largely ignorant perspective:

Uni
Daylight
Bank
Souths
Bond
Easts
Filth
GPS
Norths
Combined one-legged Under 9 girls
Wests

Give me yours now.

Uni probably deserve to drop one or two levels below daylight at this stage although plenty of potential for the back end of the year.
Wests should have a few good players but not sure if that makes a good season round team - How did they go in the trials??
Brothers will be strong as will Bond after 20's

Status
Not open for further replies.