• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

But Wallabies coach Michael Cheika capped Naiyaravoro against the US in Chicago prior to the World Cup and he is now looking to come back to the Waratahs in July next year.
“We are already in discussions with Taqele,” Gibson said. “He has an out clause after a year to come back. There is potential he could be available for those three remaining games in the fixture list. We are very keen to contract him long-term.”
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...lp-zac-guildford/story-e6frg7o6-1227621542151

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Tom Robertson and Harry Jones have something called "transition contracts" with the Tahs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understood it was Cameron Orr on the transition contract, with Tom Robertson on EPS. I think Deegan was also transition as an inside back, and I guess Clunies-Ross is still injured.

Toleafoa, Philip, Perry and Auelua seem to be fighting over 3 forwards vacancies, and there's one spot in the outside backs that may stay vacant for Taqele or may go to Clunies-Ross.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
First name - Senio Benedict
Last name - Toleafoa
Nationality - Australia
Date of birth - 26-08-93
Age - 22
Country of birth - Samoa
Position - Lock
Height - 193 cm
Weight - 125 kg

Raytah

Allen Oxlade (6)
Remember he only just turned 20 a few months ago. More recent NRC stats already say 195cm and 108kg but I'm sure if the Tahs are viewing him as a lock option he would be looking to put on a few in pre-season - to be honest I don't really believe in weight for weight's sake but I would not be surprised in any case if he's nudging 115kgs purely as a function of his growth in the next couple of years. More a blindside than a lock but suspect that versatility won't hurt him. In a Tahs pack that will likely feature Skelton/Hooper over the coming years jumping back rowers will be of particular value.

quote="MHCS, post: 810969, member: 21137"]
Ned_Hanigan_rugby.jpg

Height: 194 cm
Weight: 104 kg

He's a bit thin to play at second row[/quote]

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
In a Tahs pack that will likely feature Skelton/Hooper over the coming years jumping back rowers will be of particular value.

Good point.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
What about this?

That will be cheap very soon

"Waratahs Rugby, together with official merchandise partner, Canterbury, are proud to announce a special edition jersey for fans in 2016 with a unique ‘Playing for NSW since 1874’ design on the front."

The marketing department went all out for that one
:eek:

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
To draw us all away from the banal jersey chat, I overhead a fellow at work last week saying that Kurtley Beale had just bought a house in his street, and that all the kids that live there are very excited about it.

I'm more excited about the fact that this seems to suggest that he'll be with Australian rugby, and the Tahs for more than his 1 year contract suggests.

The fellow in question lives in Randwick. It seems that, given a few weight fluctuations, drunken incidents or Wallaby camp indiscretions, he could be turning out for the Galloping Greens for many years to come.

Lets hope it doesn't come to that however. I want 2014-15 Kurtley for the rest of his career, as he fulfils his awesome potential and is a crucial part of a winning 2019 RWC side.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yes it was reported that Quade sold his house which indicated he was leaving but then he bought another and still left.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The jersey on the centre could be the new jersey? In classic version. It's a little different than the "Playing for NSW" jersey

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1449029609350.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1449029609350.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 346

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
That will be cheap very soon

"Waratahs Rugby, together with official merchandise partner, Canterbury, are proud to announce a special edition jersey for fans in 2016 with a unique ‘Playing for NSW since 1874’ design on the front."

The marketing department went all out for that one
:eek:

I thought that was a photoshop mock-up!! Won't be on the Xmas list. o_O
The Brumbies one is not bad, but I have to agree that yet another dark-blue top is not exactly what the comp needs. The traditional Brumbies colours were just fine, and distinct.
And before someone explains yet again why they do these "new" jerseys, I know. Doesn't mean we all have to like these offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.