• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Looks like a lot of people might be more worried about the packaging than about the product inside the package. Hope they have a happy Xmas.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I like the tricolour: White, gold and blue. You shouldn't change something that works well

Aquis must have some input on this. Its logo is favored with this change. At first their logo with celestial letters was not noticeable on the white panel. Then they had to add an ugly blue square and they changed the colour of their letters. They are the beneficiaries from this change

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
A minimalist, tight, form fitting jersey is better suited to the AFL where the maximum body fat on any given player is 10%.

In rugby, where we pack down a different body fat percentage in order to best balance impact with endurance to suit our game, jerseys like that just look ridiculous.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A minimalist, tight, form fitting jersey is better suited to the AFL where the maximum body fat on any given player is 10%.

In rugby, where we pack down a different body fat percentage in order to best balance impact with endurance to suit our game, jerseys like that just look ridiculous.

I think we're more than a decade past that debate...........

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Looks like a lot of people might be more worried about the packaging than about the product inside the package. Hope they have a happy Xmas.
I'm with you. As long as they play well in 2016, I'm happy.
I was never a fan of the white anyway. Jake or the colour.

T

TOCC

I think you have to wear your away shirt when playing away. But maybe they'll get some sort of special dispensation.

Only when there's a clash, from memory the Reds have only worn their alternate jersey when they have played the Lions..

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Was trying to quote TOCC's post from the last page but failed.

Rebels are really predominant white/grey these days due to the sort of triple hoop arrangement going on and the red sleeves. It's almost been a like for like swap in terms of predominant colours between the Rebs and Brums between the 2014 jumpers and now.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
The fit looks horrible. What is with the neck-line? They look super thin and tight.

The design isn't horrible though can't exactly go wrong with an all navy blue jersey.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Pocock seems to have let himself go during his break

1449096045048.png

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/a...g-rhinoceros-in-zimbabwe-20151202-gle18k.html

Tim32

Frank Row (1)
OMFG!!! What the hell is that??? Looks like a training t-shirt

I apologize if I ever said that Classic should be the Wallabies provider

Just what we need, another blue team in the competition.

It's not friendly on the big boys is it...

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
For people worrying about the white panel being removed, it's not like it's the first time

rugby_shirt_1938_1_375x500x1.jpg

IMG_2262.JPG

And the chances are they'll still wear a 'heritage' jersey for one of the rounds (giving them a chance to sell more merchandise).

Plus there will probably be a special ANZAC Day jersey, and maybe a few others. Though I think they've got a way to go to catch up the Canberra Raiders NRL team, who now seem to go through about 8 different jerseys over the course of the year (home, away, superhero, indigenous, women in league, ANZAC, heritage, etc, etc)
I Have that jersey

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Friend got in touch, he emailed the Brumbies about the new jersey and says he got this back:
This jersey is not about our past. It is about a modern contemporary jersey that makes our players feel good, it is in tune with our marketing campaigns and the image and brand we want top project. It marks the beginning of a chapter where our players can make their own mark in Brumbies history, rather being continually reminded about how good it was in the past. We have done extensive research and market testing our the new jersey, and whilst there were some negative views, the overwhelming majority are very positive in their support. We have designed a four year cycle of playing strips and the stripes and white will make a comeback.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
If they have a four year cycle maybe it's intentionally shit so that when the traditional jersey with white comes back it'll be a smash hit and make heaps.

Future planning by the Brumbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.