• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
We seem to have weird standards. Greg Peterson and Shalva Mumakashvili have been released to play in the Americas 6 Nations and the ERC respectively, but we've not released Leone Nakarawa, who Ben Ryan is trying to get released to prepare him for potential Olympic selection.

It wouldn't surprise me if we've designated this a genuine bye weekend, Naiyaravoro had planned to be in Sydney, and subsequently got approval to play when he was already here, rather than specifically coming out to play this weekend.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
We seem to have weird standards. Greg Peterson and Shalva Mumakashvili have been released to play in the Americas 6 Nations and the ERC respectively, but we've not released Leone Nakarawa, who Ben Ryan is trying to get released to prepare him for potential Olympic selection.

It wouldn't surprise me if we've designated this a genuine bye weekend, Naiyaravoro had planned to be in Sydney, and subsequently got approval to play when he was already here, rather than specifically coming out to play this weekend.
May as well just hand the title over now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ You could be on the money there @Macca.:)

Get in front of a TV (with Fox Sports on it) at 4:05* pm this afternoon for the GF of the Sydney Club 7's.

Should be a damn good match.

*Tweet in error, later corrected.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Can't believe Fox showed 3 talking heads for 30 minutes instead of showing the Wicks v Parra game.
What were they thinking?
Hope the ARU take that into account next time contracts are being negotiated.
Fox you are crap!

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
A certain GM who enjoys a beer and a yarn on a Friday told me this afternoon that his club have been able to secure a release for Taqele Naiyaravoro to return for this weekend as well as Dan Rawaqa to their team. With the firepower they've already got and throw in those 2, then they'll be hard to go past.

You may need to change drinking partners ;)

B

BellyTwoBlues

A certain GM who enjoys a beer and a yarn on a Friday told me this afternoon that his club have been able to secure a release for Taqele Naiyaravoro to return for this weekend as well as Dan Rawaqa to their team. With the firepower they've already got and throw in those 2, then they'll be hard to go past.

think we all know this was a total gee up now.

But it was great that our boys got to the final with a very young side without the above mentioned superstars

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
think we all know this was a total gee up now.

But it was great that our boys got to the final with a very young side without the above mentioned superstars

I agree Belly, their defence especially was great in the preliminary games, although I didn't see the final. The Wicks had Tom Connor and Sam Figg who've both played a lot of 7s and were coached by the coach of the NSW women's 7s team so I expected they would do very well.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I thought the Club 7s was a great initiative but it was easy to see that some teams had put a lot more effort into the preparation than others.
I'd like to see this develop into a separate event involving all 12 SS teams and played at a proper stadium like Concord in the future.

BAZinga

Stan Wickham (3)
What a great weekend that was…..

Disappointed Uni didn’t enter… but after reading what some of the guys on here were saying about a few teams, I thought I would sneak out of the stadium and watch the pool games.. was pretty impressed with a few teams.

Wests got spanked in every game. Although they seemed to have taken their colts which would have been a good experience for them.

Manly and Wicks – very good. They both had strong teams with them. A few experienced 7s players on each team.

Norths – pretty poor really. They finished 2nd in group, but with the team they had, and some 7s players who have been in the Oz 7s program, they should have tore up.

Parra – bloody brilliant. Against Eastwood they were down at ht by 15 before winning. They beat a fancied Norths team and drew with Easts. They had a few new players and they were sharp as a unit until the GF. Reading on here, they had quite a few people before starting the tournament saying they wouldn’t do well… and they showed them up! Fair play.

Next season, would be great to have all the teams in a comp together and making this a regular event!

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
I thought the Club 7s was a great initiative but it was easy to see that some teams had put a lot more effort into the preparation than others.
I'd like to see this develop into a separate event involving all 12 SS teams and played at a proper stadium like Concord in the future.

All Shute shield clubs were invited. A few declined the invite for mixed reasons. Hopefully they all accept next year after a pretty good little show in 2016 by those who played!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green grass

Chris McKivat (8)
Wix took home the $6k, good opportunity to throw a bit of cash at their recently reopened rugby club. Good on them. I'm predicting they'll be there at the business end of the season. Keep hearing good things about Southern, and hey, who could write off the defending premiers, Eastwood!
Bloody keen for footy to start again!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^
NSW U20s - this is an old reference.

SATURDAY, 13TH. FEBRUARYBus loop, Moore Park1.00pm (TBC)
Waratahs U20 v. Randwick

It was TBC - can anybody confirm the time and if it's at one of the grounds at Moore Park??

Looks like the game between The Wix and U20s will be on one of the outer fields at the SFS ("Bus Loop" or "Kippax Oval" are pretty much next to each other)

Status
Not open for further replies.