• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Any insight on how the big unit Arnold is looking at training? will Walton finally get a look in off the bench or is Richie the next 'big thing'
Arnolds injured. Walton is probably fighting with Ross Haylett Petty for 3rd choice lock.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
wow.

Axe him now and let Jono play 10 and sign some THP from somewhere to cover the injuries.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
wow.

Axe him now and let Jono play 10 and sign some THP from somewhere to cover the injuries.
Axe him why?
There's no implication that Grant knew that anything was going on.
It's most likely that Grant was paid $$ in the normal fashion.
The fact that some idiot got those funds by embezzling from somewhere else,is not Grants fault.
( happy to accept they should get rid of him,based on his boring playing style.....)

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
So we've won our first trial 28-0 over the Hurricanes. Was an extremely good defensive performance and we definately took our chances when in attack. Jono Lance looked very good, same with RHP.

Good result. Did Lance come off the bench just for the 2nd half? How was Peter Grant?

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I actually really like the look of the Force at Full Strength. Alas i expect they're going to struggle if they sustain injuries in nearly any position (save for backrow)

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Good result. Did Lance come off the bench just for the 2nd half? How was Peter Grant?
Lance came on at half time. Grant looked ok, kicking was average but his ball movement seemed alright. I actually think Grant looked better playing in the centres.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Lance came on at half time. Grant looked ok, kicking was average but his ball movement seemed alright. I actually think Grant looked better playing in the centres.

I am hoping that Lance will get some decent game time at 10 for the Force - he looked good in the NRC with NSW Country and is a quality player just needing a chance to settle in a team and position. I think he would spark the attack more than Grant based on how Grant has tended to play in the past.

Any other notable performances?

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
I am hoping that Lance will get some decent game time at 10 for the Force - he looked good in the NRC with NSW Country and is a quality player just needing a chance to settle in a team and position. I think he would spark the attack more than Grant based on how Grant has tended to play in the past.

Any other notable performances?

Chris Alcock looked good, as did Adam Coleman. Steve Mafi's running is so important for us.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'm hoping Coleman has his breakout year. He really is the best prospect we have in Aus rugby for an enforcer lock which we haven't had since Horwill was in form 5 years ago.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Totally agree. No less an authority than our Bob reckons he could be anything and I agree with him. Last year was probably too early for him but hopefully he can step and push for a lock position at the top level.

Status
Not open for further replies.