• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
both, do either have what it takes to play this year?

I think Webster seemed to put his mark on the jersey by the end of the season however Kelly is no slouch. I have a sneaky feeling he was a fairly tall 7 so maybe he might move into the second row? Terrace seemed to lack depth there.

Tweedy was one of several sevens a part of the emerging reds program and he is also a 7 going into year 12. Tweedy would surely therefor, be there or there abouts in 2016

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Been a bit of talk from BAG and others about rowers losing bulk for rugby.
Obviously BBC does not see that as a problem.Went to Rowing on Saturday with nephew &:
1) in the first viii (that won) and 2nd viii on Saturday are 3 certainties for 1st xv(having been in it last year) and 3 certainties for 16A rugby ;
2) looks like that first thing they did was get the new 201cm boy from Melbourne in the under 16 -3rd eight.Not much of a rower yet-lets hope he can play rugby(although I hear his brother played for Rebels on Saturay night.)
He would have been at BBC in grade 8 but his dad was transferred to Melbourne.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Anyone see the under 20 curtain raiser at Ballymore on Saturday night?
How did Ngamanu and other 2015 GPS stars go?

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ngamanu played exceptionally well throughout the game, Riley came on second half (1 try) and Tony Hunt a little later, second half was scrappy with individuals trying to impress and not much going down the line. 59-0. Hopefully this weekend against a stronger side, a better team performance. Tries by Fittock, Dorrough and McNamara to name a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
just wondering where you get your info from, as you are way of. The parents have lived in Melbourne there whole life. His manager, that's right manager sent our feeder's to a few schools. BBC took him. They have played all there rugby in Melbourne.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
just wondering where you get your info from, as you are way of. The parents have lived in Melbourne there whole life. His manager, that's right manager sent our feeder's to a few schools. BBC took him. They have played all there rugby in Melbourne.

Mate from his uncle & his godfather who I was with on the weekend and who I have known for 10 years. Maybe I got it wrong way round and it was the uncle that got transferred. Forget the semantics-great kid & lets hope great for Qld.In fact I met the boy 2 years ago at a BBC match & he was supposed to come up that year.

Shane77

Frank Row (1)
I think Webster seemed to put his mark on the jersey by the end of the season however Kelly is no slouch. I have a sneaky feeling he was a fairly tall 7 so maybe he might move into the second row? Terrace seemed to lack depth there.

Tweedy was one of several sevens a part of the emerging reds program and he is also a 7 going into year 12. Tweedy would surely therefor, be there or there abouts in 2016

Wouldnt expect to see Tom Kelly playing in the second row anytime soon but the no.7 jersey is still up for grabs for him. Also ive heard GT oldboy Kyle Leofa has a younger brother currently in grade 12 this year (Don't know first name). Was wondering how he was looking for the season and what position he plays?

Pocock_is_god

Frank Row (1)
Although Isik didn't get much of an opportunity his defence was alright and looking at his scrummaging it will need improvement

Isn't there a decent prop coming from last years 16a's who had experience in the junior gold cup program but lacked the fitness to play firsts?

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Is it possible . It cant be!
But yes- With the new boys from Keebra park way the IGS 13As this year will be bigger than last year.Didnt they put 100 on a couple of schools last year?
The number 8 must have been over 100kg. great kid , great player but the question up at Ippie at the moment (one under 16 team for last 2 years) is whether he will be there after grade 10.
I hope so

OU812

Stan Wickham (3)
Is it possible . It cant be!
But yes- With the new boys from Keebra park way the IGS 13As this year will be bigger than last year.Didnt they put 100 on a couple of schools last year?
The number 8 must have been over 100kg. great kid , great player but the question up at Ippie at the moment (one under 16 team for last 2 years) is whether he will be there after grade 10.
I hope so

Why wouldn't he be there after grade 10?

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Why wouldn't he be there after grade 10?

BAnd W is probably referring to the fact that for the last three years IGS have had 3 good under 15 teams but only 1 fairly weak under 16 team . some boys from year before would now be in firsts xv but where are the others?
having only one 16 team will hurt you with injuries and that is what we have seen.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Word filtering back to NC is that Drahm & Nance have already created a culture shock at BBC.
It seems 2 of the so -called superstars(1 is 3rd year 1st xv and Qld rep :and the other is 2nd year 1st xv ) have been told to FIFO.
BBC could be very dangerous if the ever get a TEAM mentality instead of having 9 rep players(including 5 in Aussie Schools) who play as individuals.
But its been that way last 5 years.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
By FIFO , BW , I assume the boys aren't being sold an Inventory Management concept but rather a Fit In or Fuck Off concept

Yes ......for those that are a little bit slow to pick up on an acronym and it's meaning ( myself included ) just want to make sure I have understood correctly.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
By FIFO , BW , I assume the boys aren't being sold an Inventory Management concept but rather a Fit In or Fuck Off concept

Yes ..for those that are a little bit slow to pick up on an acronym and it's meaning ( myself included ) just want to make sure I have understood correctly.

Thanks for that - Here I was looking forward to watching the development of a Heli-Pad at Toowong!!!

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
How kind of BBC to fly their regional students back to remote communities in between rugby games.

I recall Southport offered the same to English junior Olympians in the swimming program a few years back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick Joseph

Bob McCowan (2)
Word filtering back to NC is that Drahm & Nance have already created a culture shock at BBC.
It seems 2 of the so -called superstars(1 is 3rd year 1st xv and Qld rep :and the other is 2nd year 1st xv ) have been told to FIFO.
BBC could be very dangerous if the ever get a TEAM mentality instead of having 9 rep players(including 5 in Aussie Schools) who play as individuals.
But its been that way last 5 years.

Which players are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.