• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AUS Tour to NZ 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Milne pulls off the best boundary catch I've seen since Dipak Patel's at the WACA in the late '80's & all of a sudden Straya looking like they may choke.............

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Khawaja and Warner got things off to a great start, MMarsh and Hastings played really well to get them home. Looked tight there for a while when we lost a few quick wickets.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Totally. If he can turn this ODI form into something resembling decent test returns with the bat then we're all of a sudden a very formidable team.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Just quietly, how good has The Duke been? I was never a big rap for him but I tell you what, his bowling has looked consistently the best in the limited overs formats and he can actually bat too. I don't know I'd have him in the test squad, but for the other forms I reckon he's bloody good value.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Don't think Hastings is a test bowler, he could be, but probably shouldn't.

He's gotten excellent economy and picked up key wickets on very flat tracks. In addition, coaches, commentators and selectors all seem to describe him as a number 8 batsman rather than a bowler that can hold the bat.

Certainly been a class above the Tye/Richardson/Boland/Paris hodgepodge that's gone on in the ODIs and T20s.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A warm day in HamNZ, max 27 with possible showers late afternoon/ early evening. Hopefully they don't eventuate or if they do, have minimal effect. Seddon Park will be chocka. Should be a cracker game, here's hoping BMac can go out on a win.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
MMarsh given out c&b but NZ didn't ask for the review until after hot-spot footage appeared on the big screen. Ian Gould initially appeared reluctant to send it upstairs. Correct decision made inasmuch as he hit it into his foot & Henry caught it cleanly, but I'm uncomfortable with the process by which it was arrived at.

Straya should still do this, Wade & Hastings only need just over five RPO.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Collapsed. I'm a Wade defender, but he's not been fab this series, a lot of funky shot selection. Is it too late to integrate a new short form Keeper? Bancroft and Handscome would be more of the same, so is it Paine, or is it Ludeman, or is it Neville?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

See what I did there? :)

NZ retain the second-most-coveted trophy in trans-Tasman sport, second only to the DHL Cup, last seen being gifted to Straya by one S Donald at Honkers in 2010 & presumably locked away in what passes for ARU's trophy room these days.......

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
MMarsh given out c&b but NZ didn't ask for the review until after hot-spot footage appeared on the big screen. Ian Gould initially appeared reluctant to send it upstairs. Correct decision made inasmuch as he hit it into his foot & Henry caught it cleanly, but I'm uncomfortable with the process by which it was arrived at.

Can't wait for Steve Smith to pen an article telling McCullum he is a hypocrite.

Best side won the series though.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nice gesture from your blokes giving BMac a guard of honour as he went out to bat........

image.jpeg

............ not so sure they'd have given him one as he came in from fielding :)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Meh. If Henry appealed a smidgen harder, the umps would have had a look, come to the same decision, and there would be no issue.

Home big screen always a threat, no matter the sport. What was the duration of the time between the appeal and the review? As long as a DRS call?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Bring back Watto. Maxwell & Bailey were useless this series.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Can't wait for Steve Smith to pen an article telling McCullum he is a hypocrite.

Best side won the series though.

Not sure why BMac's a hypocrite, and according to Steve Smith BMac agrees with him re the replay(actually I agree). It a big lot of shit over nothing, a few press get into and all the idiots on internet join in. certainly reading the comments etc helps to put you off sport a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.