• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Don't think he would be even thinking too much about what Pocock is doing considering they drafted McMahon into the RWC squad ahead of him. It's a shame because I see him offering something a little different. His metres gained in tight + line out ability + prowess over the ball will make him extremely valuable in Europe one would think.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Vale Liam.

While you can never "get Queensland out of the boy" the Reds continue to be become less lovable.

Sauron

Larry Dwyer (12)
To those who think that he'd stay in Australia if he was dedicated to the Wallabies- maybe he just doesn't want to play against QLD?

Anyhow, JudaBerrick leaving was the catalyst for change (or seemed to be from the outside looking in), so maybe the loss of one of the best players on the team will kick the powers-that-be into gear?

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
They will just sign Jordy Reid or Colby Fainga'a, both quality players behind a big name lineup. It's a shame, but It's not like we don't have Backrowers coming out of the Kyber. Shame you let Wilkin drift south really, RG's doing wonders for every club in the world but Queensland

dru

Tim Horan (67)
maybe the loss of one of the best players on the team will kick the powers-that-be into gear?

Horwill Genia Cooper. Personally I include Chibba Shipperly Harris. Goodness sake, our best last year was Turner and look how he was treated (and the current Hunt FB amusement).

What exactly does it take?

FWIW To make Aus a convincing argument for Gill it needed him in career best form in a team likewise positioned. Neither Brumbies or Waratahs are willingly going to sell Pocock or Hooper (anymore than we would move Gill). Neither Force nor Rebels was going to help that situation.

T

TOCC

One has to wonder what exactly the ARU is spending their financial 'windfall' on if Pocock and Gill both leave Australia Rugby in the same year.

Tomane, Gill, Pocock and Holmes have all signed to leave in 2017 before the 2016 has kicked off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I know what you are saying TOCC, but I am not sure if that is really a reflection of what is happening here. Holmes is at the end of career. I imagine there is a fair bit of appeal in having a stint overseas before he retires. Gill clearly has an issued with Graham and, by extension, how the QRU management have handled the Reds coaching. He is also now behind 2 others for the Wallabies, even after Pocock goes. Pocock apparently wants a break. He has been a professional rugby player since he was 17 and has endured a fair bit over the last few years. He appears a well rounded guy who has much more to him than just playing rugby. I am by no means an apologist for the ARU but I'm not sure cash was the big issue here.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
One has to wonder what exactly the ARU is spending their financial 'windfall' on if Pocock and Gill both leave Australia Rugby in the same year.

Tomane, Gill, Pocock and Holmes have all signed to leave in 2017 before the 2016 has kicked off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And To'omua.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
They will just sign Jordy Reid or Colby Fainga'a, both quality players behind a big name lineup. It's a shame, but It's not like we don't have Backrowers coming out of the Kyber. Shame you let Wilkin drift south really, RG's doing wonders for every club in the world but Queensland

Jordy signed a new deal in Melbourne until the end of 2017. Backrowers out of contract at end of the year in Melbourne are Fainga'a, Fuglistaller and Thomson

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
And yet, RG continues to run Hunt at 15 in the trials. For mine, if The plan is to play Hunt in the centres then the more time he spends there in the trials the better.

Seems obvious to me that Hunt is the backup fullback. In his first season for the Reds & NRC he predominantly played in the centres, so has some solid experience in that position. From memory I think they signed him as a fullback? I'd imagine they're giving him game time in this position for redundancy purposes. Goromaru will be the fullback. Hunt will be in the centres. Taulagi being injured is a factor for sure.

Will be interesting to see where Hunt goes when Goromaru comes on the field on Friday.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Two of the three most likely scenarios will see him stay with the Brumbies either next year or in 2018............

I doubt they'll cut him loose to recruit long term if he chooses to take a year off.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Horwill Genia Cooper. Personally I include Chibba Shipperly Harris. Goodness sake, our best last year was Turner and look how he was treated (and the current Hunt FB amusement).

What exactly does it take?

FWIW To make Aus a convincing argument for Gill it needed him in career best form in a team likewise positioned. Neither Brumbies or Waratahs are willingly going to sell Pocock or Hooper (anymore than we would move Gill). Neither Force nor Rebels was going to help that situation.

I think it will be good for the Reds that Horwill Genia and Cooper have all left the Reds. All big reputations and exert a lot of influence on younger players but dare I say it, their consistent performances over the past few tears have been lower than expected.

I am still pissed at losing Holmes, Chibba, Harris and even Benny Lucas, particularly Chibba. I am even more pissed at losing Liam but I understand his reasoning for doing so. I wonder if the Pocock thing of going OS to study would have made a difference to stay in Australian rugby.

Reactions: dru
Status
Not open for further replies.