• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
<snip> Pocock apparently wants a break. <snip>

Didn't he just have close to 2 years off? How many games did he play in '13/'14? He didn't play a Test between Dec '12 and Jul '15. The young players these days! Sheesh! What a diva! ;)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think it will be good for the Reds that Horwill Genia and Cooper have all left the Reds. All big reputations and exert a lot of influence on younger players but dare I say it, their consistent performances over the past few tears have been lower than expected.

I am still pissed at losing Holmes, Chibba, Harris and even Benny Lucas, particularly Chibba. I am even more pissed at losing Liam but I understand his reasoning for doing so. I wonder if the Pocock thing of going OS to study would have made a difference to stay in Australian rugby.

I think Cooper was a fantastic influence on the younger players. Horwill's lackluster season immediately turned to the better in another envirnoment so I'm holding RG responsible. Genia I'm not sure.

This all has the look of an HC incapable of building respect from experienced players. Slipper and Simmo being the exceptions ( not the rule). Otherwise RG seems to prefer a lack of experience. Easier by far than working for respect from blokes with experience.

LMU

Allen Oxlade (6)
so maybe the loss of one of the best players on the team will kick the powers-that-be into gear?

Let's hope the gears are turning as my FCUK mate hears of 2, possibly 3 French Clubs have eyes and wallets for Kerevi.

LMU

Allen Oxlade (6)
All the best to Liam Gill.
Do we know if his contract is 2 years? He could be back in Aus in 2019 and the RWC.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think Cooper was a fantastic influence on the younger players. Horwill's lackluster season immediately turned to the better in another envirnoment so I'm holding RG responsible. Genia I'm not sure.

This all has the look of an HC incapable of building respect from experienced players. Slipper and Simmo being the exceptions ( not the rule). Otherwise RG seems to prefer a lack of experience. Easier by far than working for respect from blokes with experience.

Hate to say it but I think 2016 will be a building year RG should be gone come the end of the season.

Trouble is we retain Slipper Simmons Shatz Kerevi, and get Douglas back as well as Moore.

Roster seems a bit skinny to me. Blokes like Curtis, McIntyre, Neville, Pickle, Hunt are OK but just OK
I live in hope

GO THE REDS

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
To me, the biggest worry looking forward, is injuries. This concern is two fold. Obviously our depth beyond our first XV is almost non-existent but secondly, the Reds administration have already set the precedent that a number of key injuries is reason enough to not blame a poor showing on the coach.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Seems an awful lot of eggs have been put in one Goromaru basket? What happens if he can't step up or adjust to Super Rugby level? Plan B?

(Remembering that both him and Tui play in a 2nd Div competition)

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
but both also played at the RWC.

They did. Goromaru had a good tournament. Tui ended up on the bench. I'm thinking more about adjusting to our conditions and being able to consistently perform at Super Rugby level.

The RWC was 4 games in a short block. They surprised a tier 1 side (SA), got hammered by Scotland & beat a couple of other tier 2 sides (USA marginally).

I like the look of Goromaru and he's probably a good signing, especially in terms of publicity, novelty, good for the game in Japan etc etc . But this is by no means a given whether he'll meet expectations, which to me seem a little overblown at this point.

Hopefully he'll step up.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
How is it a rebuilding year with RG there? To me that means 2017* is the rebuilding year

*Provided RG isn't renewed again.

Probably agree - what I really meant was that some young guys will get some Super experience and we will be better for that.

RG to go as well

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Seems an awful lot of eggs have been put in one Goromaru basket? What happens if he can't step up or adjust to Super Rugby level? Plan B?

(Remembering that both him and Tui play in a 2nd Div competition)

Plan B? Hunt or one of the other many young backs we have?

It's a very small risk bringing in Goro if you ask me. Between him directly causing a new sponsor to sign, additional Japanese supporters and potentially teaching Greene and McIntyre how to kit at the sticks, I can't see how a dozen eggs are on the line?

To me, Goro isn't a calculated risk at all as I don't think he's a liability whatsoever.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
They did. Goromaru had a good tournament. Tui ended up on the bench. I'm thinking more about adjusting to our conditions and being able to consistently perform at Super Rugby level.

The RWC was 4 games in a short block. They surprised a tier 1 side (SA), got hammered by Scotland & beat a couple of other tier 2 sides (USA marginally).

I like the look of Goromaru and he's probably a good signing, especially in terms of publicity, novelty, good for the game in Japan etc etc . But this is by no means a given whether he'll meet expectations, which to me seem a little overblown at this point.

Hopefully he'll step up.

He's a Master Ninja!!! A Master fucking Ninja! I don't know how this could be anything but good! :D

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Plan B? Hunt or one of the other many young backs we have?

It's a very small risked bringing in Goro if you ask me. Between him directly causing a new sponsor to sign, additional Japanese supporters and potentially teaching Greene and McIntyre how to kit at the sticks, I can't see how a dozen eggs are on the line?

To me, Goro isn't a calculated risk at all as I don't think he's a liability whatsoever.

But if you guys don't want him we'll kindly take him off your hands.......... ;)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
But if you guys don't want him we'll kindly take him off your hands.... ;)

Waaaaait for it. Just wait for it. :-|

As I see it our two most high profile players are Plan A and Plan B for the same position. When you say "well why is that individual (or the other one) Plan A" you get logical answers. Problem is that it kind of guarantees at least one disappointed puppy. Throw RG into the mix and its hard to envisage much other than EVERYONE, ah, a mite irritated.

And in the mean time we are left without a true playmaker in an organisational part of the back line. It isnt just the Goro thing. There is actually a strategy being implemented here. Anyone like it?

Slow_train_crash_in_motion. And dejavu again.

reds20162016

Frank Nicholson (4)
what do you mean by a true playmaker in the backline, isn't McIntyre and greene filling the role. they will do well and I am pretty sure mcintrye and greene can already kick

you make it send like everyone started their career being brillant. you forget these people are human. cut them some slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.