• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AUS Tour to NZ 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Not sure why BMac's a hypocrite, and according to Steve Smith BMac agrees with him re the replay(actually I agree). It a big lot of shit over nothing, a few press get into and all the idiots on internet join in. certainly reading the comments etc helps to put you off sport a bit.

I was being sarcastic. Smith needs to stay well away from commenting on the incident and it seems he has done so. Not sure about McCullum's position, he was more than happy to have it referred and is he now regretting that?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I was being sarcastic. Smith needs to stay well away from commenting on the incident and it seems he has done so. Not sure about McCullum's position, he was more than happy to have it referred and is he now regretting that?

Not sure he regretting it more he I think he feels uncomfortable about umpires going up on replay evidence.
Perhaps a lot of people may think the Indian's policy is not to bad after all.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Warner, Burns, Khawaja, Smith (c), Voges, M Marsh, Nevill, Hazelwood, Siddle, Lyon, Bird

Pattos fitness cited as reason to miss, only bowled 21.3 overs in Victorias 2 innings against Tasmania, compared to 29 from Siddle and 29.1 from Bird.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Warner, Burns, Khawaja, Smith (c), Voges, M Marsh, Nevill, Hazelwood, Siddle, Lyon, Bird

Pattos fitness cited as reason to miss, only bowled 21.3 overs in Victorias 2 innings against Tasmania, compared to 29 from Siddle and 29.1 from Bird.
Been a long time since we've put out an attack that slow.

Edit - if MMarsh can bring the heat he showed v WI at times then may not be so true

Not sure to be critical of the fitness staff or praise the development staff, given that were missing Starc, Cummins, NCN, Pattinson, Behrendorf plus had Johnson and Harris retirements in the last 12 months, and yet we can still put out what looks a decent attack.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Been a long time (unfortunately) since we've batted on a pitch this colour. Our boys appear to be looking for the pitch, but there's no dead grass in sight.:)

11basinreserve2.ashx

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Bowlers will do fine. A left armer or a genuine fast would have been nice, but those 3 plus Lyon will be good enough, with Marsh chipping in.

Batsmen, maybe not so much. Same group that took on England, with an inexperienced Burns in for Rogers who played year after year in English conditions, and Khawaja in for Clarke. Batting first might still be the right move if you can be 3 down at Tea, historically it seems to road up until late on the 4th day, then starts assisting the spinners. At least that's what some Kiwis have been saying online.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Been a long time (unfortunately) since we've batted on a pitch this colour. Our boys appear to be looking for the pitch, but there's no dead grass in sight.:)

11basinreserve2.ashx

I think Warner is standing on it:eek:

Definitely like the idea of giving the toss away and letting the away captain have first dibs on making the call. Seems officials have given up pretending curators are being impartial and creating a wicket equal for both sides and yes, this includes in Australia.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

But, IIRC, wasn't Patto released early from the Shield game to join the team in NZ? Personally, I'd play him in the first test and then hope he retains sufficient fitness to play the second. Really don't want to be chasing a win in the second already being one test down.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
But, IIRC, wasn't Patto released early from the Shield game to join the team in NZ? Personally, I'd play him in the first test and then hope he retains sufficient fitness to play the second. Really don't want to be chasing a win in the second already being one test down.
Exactly. Test selectors are a stange bunch. Albeit Patto was withdrawn at Tea time on day 3, and Tassie were bowled out with 8 overs for the bushies to face the same day. He also faced about 60 balls himself out in the middle, alongside a long partnership with Dan the Man, compared to virtually nothing from Siddle and about a 40 ball 22ish for Bird.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Exactly. Test selectors are a stange bunch. Albeit Patto was withdrawn at Tea time on day 3, and Tassie were bowled out with 8 overs for the bushies to face the same day. He also faced about 60 balls himself out in the middle, alongside a long partnership with Dan the Man, compared to virtually nothing from Siddle and about a 40 ball 22ish for Bird.
Seen a fee reports that he didn't bowl all that well last week v Tas. I wonder if he has just not been selected rather than rested.

All going well, hard to see how he makes it back in for the second test.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think Warner is standing on it:eek:

Definitely like the idea of giving the toss away and letting the away captain have first dibs on making the call. Seems officials have given up pretending curators are being impartial and creating a wicket equal for both sides and yes, this includes in Australia.

Unfortunately we have no credibility in this area after the pitches that we've (CA that is) instructed our curators to prepare.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
This was the pitch day before the India v NZ game at exactly this time of year in 2014, kiwis got rolled for <200 first up but then put on 700 declared in the third innings when Mccullum went berserk. It was an absolute road by then. Match drawn
HuxEpSy.jpg [\img]

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
This was the pitch day before the India v NZ game at exactly this time of year in 2014, kiwis got rolled for <200 first up but then put on 700 declared in the third innings when Mccullum went berserk. It was an absolute road by then. Match drawn
Sorry can't edit on the phone.

Been 4 draws in the last six games

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
New Zealand 1 Martin Guptill, 2 Tom Latham, 3 Kane Williamson, 4 Henry Nicholls, 5 Brendon McCullum, 6 Corey Anderson, 7 BJ Watling (wk), 8 Doug Bracewell, 9 Mark Craig, 10 Tim Southee, 11 Trent Boult.

Nicholls & Craig in for the injured Taylor & Santner.

Forecast for Wellywood is fine with light sea breezes, max of 24.

Day 2 is fully sold out & I believe they're expecting a good turnout today as well.

BMac's 100th Test, read somewhere they're consecutive which if true is surely a unique achievement.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
BMac's 100th Test, read somewhere they're consecutive which if true is surely a unique achievement.

He will hold the record for most consecutive matches from debut, but Border played 153 matches straight and Cook is on track to pass that - I think he's in the 120s at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.