• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Junior Gold Cup - National Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruckedknee

Stan Wickham (3)
I heard the Melbourne boys got done by ACT. U15's was 25-7 or near abouts and the U17's was 12-10. the U17 game was cut short 40 mins, due to an injury. Hope he's ok.
The 15s was 19-7 I think - the game was closer than the score suggests. Both 15s and 17s matches were played flat stick in the heat at Wagga and neither side gave any quarter. It was great footy to watch.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
Anyone know if you have to pay to see the Logan V Gold Coast 15's at Ballymore this Friday? I know the Reds play afterwards so Im guessing there might be an entry fee.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Today's announcement about the BMW partnership with the Pathway To Gold programme must be good news.

All the right noises are being made. Whether they result in action remains to be seen. There are plenty of us around who recall the $40m surplus from RWC03 than JO'N promised would be used for grass roots rugby. Not a lot was seen at the grass roots I was associated with around that time.

Hoping this means that the participation cost of the Junior Gold programme (and other junior registration levies) will be reduced from what they are now.

Read the presser here:
http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...he-driving-force-behind-future-Wallabies.aspx

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Congratulations BMW and the ARU on this initiative.......and you saw the idea first on this thread on November 24. No, no thanks are necessary!

I sincerely wish both parties a long, successful and prosperous partnership.

Don't be scared to ask the nutters on this site for advice on what the P2G should look like.....creativity abounds on GAGR.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
giphy.gif

Three Cheers for Australian Rugby

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Ahoy there Prince !

So Prince ....I was chasing some advice on what the P2G should look like

:)
Well Mr Owens, as you have asked, I will give you my 5c worth but I definitely do not have all the answers. However, I know you and many other contributors will so let me kick you off.

The starting point is that this is a Pathway to Gold and not the Yellow Brick Road. We're off to see the Wallabies not the Wizard of Oz.

Like any good pathway, the foundations must be solid and made to last. Let's assume three key objectives for the pathway:-

1. It must have longevity - a sustainable model is critical to ensure long term success of the programme. Corporate backing and a long term view are also critical.
2. It must cast a wide net and that net must have strong connectivity and engagement at each level - whilst private schools have traditionally supplied a high proportion of Wallabies, there are many players missed by their recruitment net because of later development, changes in desire, inappropriate development or just bad luck. The programme must develop a multi faceted approach that assists to capture talent at school, club and cross code/sporting points across the country. The current talent identification and silo into GPS schools in NSW and QLD (heavily funded and supported in the vested interests of the respective schools) ensures some degree of diversity of talent and culture in terms of origin of players. But this has not bred any consistent success at the national school or under 20 level. We need to have more baskets for the multiple types of eggs and opportunities for these other than being lucky enough to be selected because their school coach is the GPS First XV coach that year! What about boys who don't want to or are unable to go to a GPS school? Why have a lopsided GPS v CAS (NSW) or AIC (QLD) game to choose talent and then get the majority of those same guys from GPS schools to national level only to fail miserably against NZ?
3. It must be about passion for the jersey and the ultimate goal. Copy NZ - as much as possible replication is the ultimate form of flattery and whilst we will never have the rugby culture that NZ oozes, we need to ensure there is passion for the Gold at every level. Not just when the Wallabies are successful. The Wallabies obviously play a big role here in garnering respect for the ultimate destination - that is, the wattle gold of the Wallabies jersey (which in my humble opinion has lost its gold and is more canary yellow). Line the colours up from 1991 and 1999 to today's version and tell me I'm wrong. Let's ensure it is a genuine pathway to GOLD and not a brick road to yellow.

HRH

Lute

Chris McKivat (8)
Gee Gary Owens, that reply was as long winded as I would expect from you,not from someone else!!.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
Will be great to finally see some games this weekend, should be an interesting game between Logan and Gold Coast this afternoon.
Might as well hang around for the 2nd game too... :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I didn't attend a GPS school where we did paragraphs
Royal decrees never use paragraphs

Good post Your Highness

Make it so

Particularly the flick of the Canary Yellow

I can hear Billy Birmingham ( as Bill Lawry ) right now

Canary Yellow ?

That's Australian Gold my friend and don't you f__king forget it !

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Anyway .........will be very interested to see the GC this afternoon especially

A few of the Surfers Paradise boys have reportedly disbursed

Should be a good game though

Good luck to all

Status
Not open for further replies.