• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Jnr Club Rugby (U13 and Up ) - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
In the interests of getting this thread back to its topic and away from, (with apologies to Mitchell P, Munster, Valentine etc) the Junior Gold Can (those interested in this comp can head to the JGC thread under the Schoolboy Rugby category) and juniors heading to the NRL, I'd like to ask a few questions regarding the proposed BJRU comp.

U13 - GPS Blue were first past the post in u12. Things get a bit more physical with the teenage years. Can they compete? Who will be their main opposition?
U14 - last year in the 13s, the premiers Riverside narrowly beat Nerang who narrowly beat GPS who narrowly beat Easts. Who are the heavyweights this year with the Bulls not returning? Are Souths back in the mix?
U15 - Are the champion Dolphins from Surfers defending their crown in the split comp format? Can GPS get over their GF capitulation? It was a very close comp until the GF but will Sunnybank and Easts be in the mix? What about Albany Creek?

How many boys concentrating on school rugby only?

Look forward to any insights from club men, coaches,managers and players alike.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Bobby+Limb+.jpg

Well I am none of the above but I will go out on a Bobby Limb and tout .........yes , that's right , tout , Wests to be front runners in the 15's

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
bert_time_gallery__333x400.jpg

So I am going on a double dog dare here and going all out on a Dawn Limb and saying that It's Time for Western Districts Rugby to get their shit together

The 14's will be a surprise packet that not many see coming .

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)

Well a consolidation of sorts was/is required in The West

It appears as though it has occurred and The West has been Won

One of the more pertinent questions may relate to an appropriate ratio of Chiefs to Indians

That.................and what happens to Take Me Home Sylvan Road ?

Might it be replaced by How The West Was Won Ballad ? ( Above - in all of it's choral glory )

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)

Well a consolidation of sorts was/is required in The West

It appears as though it has occurred and The West has been Won

One of the more pertinent questions may relate to an appropriate ratio of Chiefs to Indians

That.......and what happens to Take Me Home Sylvan Road ?

Might it be replaced by How The West Was Won Ballad ? ( Above - in all of it's choral glory )

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Back home this was a traditional folk tune and better known as Greensleeves. Is this a cryptic clue to the new junior dogs jersey?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
And fresh from the wiretap.....

Last year's U13 Premiers on the GC , The Helensvale Hogs , are considering a move North to compete in the U14 BJRU Comp

Welcome Hogs

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
And fresh from the wiretap...

Last year's U13 Premiers on the GC , The Helensvale Hogs , are considering a move North to compete in the U14 BJRU Comp

Welcome Hogs

Surfers in the 14s gave the Brisbane comp a good shake as did Nerang in the 13s more opportunity boys get to play against different opposition can only be good

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Surfers in the 14s gave the Brisbane comp a good shake as did Nerang in the 13s more opportunity boys get to play against different opposition can only be good
I don't believe it's a done-deal yet, but definitely something the coach of this year's 14's age group has been working on for at least a year. From my intel; the hope is that the u14's Hogs will have the numbers for two teams (one for the BJRU comp and the other for the GC comp).. which would surely mean an A and B team.

IF this comes off, and with all due respect to the Hogs, they wont pose nearly as much threat to the comp as the previous Dolphins and Bulls have done. I would say they would be Div 2 at best - and I believe the Hogs themselves will be happy to play where they best fit. Good luck to them.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Free Agency updates ?

With all the seismic movement at Easts and Wests in the 14's the natural axis of Mother Earth surely must have re-aligned to East Pole and West Pole

cassini_flip.png

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
I don't believe it's a done-deal yet, but definitely something the coach of this year's 14's age group has been working on for at least a year. From my intel; the hope is that the u14's Hogs will have the numbers for two teams (one for the BJRU comp and the other for the GC comp).. which would surely mean an A and B team.

IF this comes off, and with all due respect to the Hogs, they wont pose nearly as much threat to the comp as the previous Dolphins and Bulls have done. I would say they would be Div 2 at best - and I believe the Hogs themselves will be happy to play where they best fit. Good luck to them.
Anymore developments on a GC team?

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
I had a word with the Hogs coach who assured me (and the G&G community) that the process is moving along nicely, although he did say they have yet to receive an official invitation. #fingersX4thehogs

Thoughts on Top 6 Division 1 takings across the age groups?

Old Red

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bobby+Limb+.jpg

Well I am none of the above but I will go out on a Bobby Limb and tout ...yes , that's right , tout , Wests to be front runners in the 15's
Little birdy tells me that also, mixture of club mergers and new faces has the place howling :D
If they have the forward pack I'm told, they will give Surfers a run for their money this year.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)

With the draw out, we can now see that the Helensvale u14's Hogs have indeed been included into the mix. The Hogs are in the 'Gold' division aka Div 2 and take on Easts Gold this coming Sunday. Good luck to both teams.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Word is Logan beat the Hogs by a try in a "friendly" a bit over a week or so ago

Might it be that there is a challenge for that 6th spot in the U14 Division 1 Comp between Logan , Brothers , and the Hogs ?

Sunnybank seem to have broken down a little bit further from the previous season when they seemed to lose quiet a few players , with a couple of their forwards moving over to Souths this season - who also have picked up very handy outside backs from Easts and Ipswich

Logan have had some good additions and will be stronger and the Hogs look like they will challenge hard , and Brothers , I am sure intend being in the discussion

After a long off-season the Season is now upon everyone and tomorrow's round of games will no doubt be some fun for the boys and supporters with plenty of interest to see how everyone looks at first glance

Status
Not open for further replies.