• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Any trial or 7s results from the weekend guys?

MTB top squad travelled to Canberra to play Uni-Norths. Parra pretty dominant in both 1's and 2's. Attack was a bit rusty but the defence looked much improved, courtesy of the Muggo sessions I suspect. Scores were approximately 41-7 and 50-12 but both clubs mixed up combos. Good first hit out an a traditional bus trip to bond the boys.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
This just in from the bureau...

"Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as rock fishing, swimming and surfing."

The blowhole AND the Sevens will be going off in Kiama this weekend

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
MTB top squad travelled to Canberra to play Uni-Norths. Parra pretty dominant in both 1's and 2's. Attack was a bit rusty but the defence looked much improved, courtesy of the Muggo sessions I suspect. Scores were approximately 41-7 and 50-12 but both clubs mixed up combos. Good first hit out an a traditional bus trip to bond the boys.

Is it true that Chris Nay has left the Two Blues?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Good hit out against the Wicks to get the season underway. Plently of fluids lost and some solid D

Hope the injury to the Wicks player mends quickly.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Good hit out against the Wicks to get the season underway. Plently of fluids lost and some solid D
Thought the Marlins easily had Randwick's measure. Wicks might be in for a long season - Marlins resuming last years top form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oz talent

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thought the Marlins easily had Randwick's measure. Wicks might be in for a long season - Marlins resuming last years top form.

I thought the Wicks were dominant at different stages. Great hit out.
How did Penrith fare against the Brumby Runners?

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
I wish I could agree with you however I was struggling to see any positives with the wicks - losing 5-40 has little dominance to draw on IMO

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I wish I could agree with you however I was struggling to see any positives with the wicks - losing 5-40 has little dominance to draw on IMO

Thought it was funny when the wicks trainer said something like "I no your lungs are heavy at the moment but don't think about it". Hearing that after conceding a try probably added a few kegs.

As i said, only trials - i can see both teams getting better.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Apparently Brumbies Runners beat Penrith 70 odd - 0 on the weekend.

Not sure who thought that would be a suitable fixture?

Let's be clear. It wasn't the Brumby Runners per sè. It was the leftovers from the guys who did not make the Brumbies 20's squad and a few club players thrown in.

That said, I went out there. Looked like a lot of work had be done. Stalls, jumping castles etc. One stall selling superhero clothes. Thankfully i left the twins at home otherwise I would've needed to mortgage the house.

The footy was pretty ordinary. Particularly the standard of their internal trial beforehand, but atleast they are trying.

Hope it gets better for them. But sadly, I don't see it changing in a hurry.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Not sure how relevant this is, but it was good to see a number of familiar names from Shute Shield appear in last weeks Super Rugby kick off.

Maybe the system does work in a fashion? That is all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.