• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Porecki is overseas.
Dalziel is average at best.
Holmes looked good in the NRC. I'd have him on the bench in a proof of Bradbury's Law.
Coolican is rather average and wasn't even wanted by the US Eagles for RWC 15.
Did Vea play NRC? Next could possibly be Fainga'a from 2015 U20's but he struggles with his throwing (which seems to be a pre-requisite for NSW hookers).
Fairly slim pickings in NSW Club and NRC ranks, after those mentioned above.
Telegraph is saying it will either be Folau Fainga'a or Luke Holmes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Haha, reading the statement from the judge it seems the Waratahs assured him that other players were also scheduled to play club rugby during the bye. Poor Latu will have to sit out, other Tahs will have to play, I find that pretty funny.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Haha, reading the statement from the judge it seems the Waratahs assured him that other players were also scheduled to play club rugby during the bye. Poor Latu will have to sit out, other Tahs will have to play, I find that pretty funny.

So which Tahs are playing Shute Shield this weekend...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So which Tahs are playing Shute Shield this weekend.

Probably a few who have no injury niggles and haven't had much game time.

But well done on having a dig at a tactic used by every team in the world when it comes to the judiciary and byes.

Please find an example where a team has asked that the bye doesn't count as a game because they weren't going to play rugby that weekend.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Just one out of left field, but could Sandell be the bench hooker? Probabaly a big ask, but he is a good all round footballer, is a genuien front rower, and at his weight hooker is probably his best position?
Let's face it, Cheika did it with Smith at the WC.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Lee Grant would suggest that Sandell might make a successful transition to Hooker, having thrown some lineouts at School, and on account of his lack of 120+kg superstructure.

Given the rather short suspension of Latu, perhaps the worldwide search for a third hooker for the Tahs to cover TPN's injury may be as extensive as the 2015 search for a New Coach for the Reds.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Would put him comfortably in the Top 3-5 highest paid players (in raw contract value) worldwide, crazy

Would be a shame to lose him at 27-28 years old. One of a handful of players that is pretty much irreplaceable in terms of replicating their skillset

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Given the rather short suspension of Latu, perhaps the worldwide search for a third hooker for the Tahs to cover TPN's injury may be as extensive as the 2015 search for a New Coach for the Reds.

Is Roach no longer playing hooker?

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hate to repeat myself but: Stewart?
What has become of Jim Stewart?? I thought he was in the wings for a centre spot (certainly ahead of Horwitz). I can only assume he's injured?

I think skelton needs to be relegated to the bench to get some of his hunger back. he's playing a pretty lazy, uninspired game at the moment. Still have no idea why they persist with Paddy 'the human hinge' Ryan yet let Michael Ala'alatoa stroll off to the crusaders. Anybody want to enlighten me on that one?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Would be a real shame to see Kurtley go. Certainly wouldn't be surprising if he's received such a massive offer. Would be hard to say no to such a huge pay increase for two seasons, still potentially represent the Wallabies and have a crack at the 2019 RWC.

On a side issue, the appointment of Andrew Hore from Ospreys seems like a good move. He has turned around the financial fortunes of that club and has a good history in rugby both in coaching and management.

Seems like a better fit than someone from V8 Super Cars for example.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Would be a real shame to see Kurtley go. Certainly wouldn't be surprising if he's received such a massive offer. Would be hard to say no to such a huge pay increase for two seasons, still potentially represent the Wallabies and have a crack at the 2019 RWC.

On a side issue, the appointment of Andrew Hore from Ospreys seems like a good move. He has turned around the financial fortunes of that club and has a good history in rugby both in coaching and management.

Seems like a better fit than someone from V8 Super Cars for example.

I really cannot fault him for taking the money on offer when its reportedly that good. He like every other professional sportsmen only has a limited shelf life in the game and he'll spend the majority of his overall life not playing Rugby. So he has to make the most of it both on and off the field while he can.

As a Tahs fan I'll be sad to see him leave but I think we'll see him playing for the Tahs again someday. When he went down to Melbourne I made the comment to my father that he'd be back after 2 years and I think we'll see something similar this time.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
I'm not getting the logic behind starting Palu, hopefully he'll prove me wrong but Holloway seems the goods. Why not keep giving him game time to develop? Palu would be best used off the bench one would think?

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm not getting the logic behind starting Palu, hopefully he'll prove me wrong but Holloway seems the goods. Why not keep giving him game time to develop? Palu would be best used off the bench one would think?

I agree. I prefer him as impact player in the last 20 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.