• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
True, it's a good problem to have. The Brumbies Super Squad has been smartly assembled, and retained.
Its actually a real problem and we could have the same issue with our front row stocks.

Going to be interesting when Michael Alaalotoa joins us next year!;)

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I probably should've expanded that further...

There's no way we can hang onto Carter, Arnold, Enever and Staniforth for too long....

The coaching staff will likely have to make a decision about who to keep long term....

At the moment we're spoiled for choice.

Throw the kitchen sink at them. And it's contents.

Reactions: mst

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Then Robbie Coleman can look forward to more time off the bench, but has anyone else (Taliauli, Dargaville) been added to the touring squad?

Also, liked Robbie coming in at 10/12 where he usually plays his best.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Greedy bastards.
Of course we are Greedy, I just hope we keep Staniforth, his a Canberra born and We dont produce that many players as others and its an important thing to keep the ones we got..

His also going to be a wallaby .. I have faith he is that good..

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Just received an email from Brumbies media with this news:

David Pocock is staying with the Brumbies

David Pocock has today announced that he has recommitted to the Aquis Brumbies and Australian Rugby until at least the next World Cup.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
They deliberately left out the fact that he won't be there in 2017 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
They deliberately left out the fact that he won't be there in 2017 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The email contained a photo of Poey with a headline saying he was staying, followed by a link containing the full press release, which stated that he was taking a sabbatical. How is there any problem with that?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Knowing that most, or all, of the starting 7s at other provinces are accounted for already, who should the Brumbies be looking at for the 7 spot in 2017? My suggestion would be Boyd Killingworth. He has been impressive for a couple of seasons with Warringah, and is fitting in quite nicely with the Aus 7s. As an old Rat, Scott Fardy might have to get on the phone to Boyd asap.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Nothing at all wrong with Jarrad Butler.

Some of the Brumbies best games last year were actually when he was at 7 after Pocock hurt his ankle. He combines very well with Vaea and Fardy, has a similar style of play to McCaw in his latter years; not so hard on the ball but plays an excellent link and ruckwork game.

Of course, we should get Smith back just for the hell of it to impart some knowledge and maybe some impact off the bench.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Butler will be one of the top four opensides next year with Pocock and Gill gone..........

The Brumbies aren't going to find a better fill in with the exception of George Smith..........

In the meantime they should try and lure back Perry.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I agree with Perry. Probably shouldn't have let him go looking for other offers. I understand George has signed in Japan again next year. Probably wouldn't be available.

Jarrad is a stand-in 7, more at home at 8 where atm he is backup to Ita Vaea. No other 8 really in the picture as far as I can see, so would be better imo to keep him in that role. I really think Killingworth's aggressive game would be well suited to the Brumbies and that he would fit in fairly seamlessly.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
On what basis?
What's the highest level of 15's has he has played as an adult?
Because they've already got him in their squad.

Unless they sign an experienced player it seems more likely Wells will be a shot to fill a gap in the back row than an uncapped/unsigned youngster like Perry.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.