• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Cheetahs, 22 April @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The commentators need to learn the laws there. If you are part of the ruck you can't play the halfback as you are then offside.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

If Marto hasn't learnt the laws by now, he never will.:)

And while we're on commentators, could someone please send George Gregan to a voice coach or something. That hypnotic monotone is excruciating.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Well done Rebels, got there in the end. They're quite an enigmatic team - moments of brilliance, periods of play where everything looks like its a well-oiled machine and then basic errors like not catching kick-offs and every so often the pattern of play just disintegrates.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Some shocking skill errors tonight but we got there in the end. Some flashes of brilliance interspersed with head-in-hands frustration. Any other team and we'd have been punished for those dreadful restarts and Hodge's failed touch finders.

Tamati has really stepped up in the absence of Aussie Mike; he, Lopeti and Sean had stormers.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
[quote="galumay, post: 835894, member: 15298"Good 2nd half for the rebs[/quote]

I would not go that far. There were still a lot of errors but at least they had some passion and could use it to take advantage of the many many cheetahs errors.

First time out line out looked dominant this year but also first time our scrum looked in trouble. Take the bonus and go to the top of the Aussie table no matter how long we get to hold it.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Based on his performance, I think Tamati felt that if he was missing that, they were going to win the bloody game or die trying!

Poor de Jager too. Never looked comfortable after getting the jewels rearranged. Hope there's not any damage beyond embarrassment.

Think he's a good shot of rating the hero of the round on Rugby 360 next week.;):(

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Good to be in town for a win. First half was a trainwreck, aimless nonsense. Second was much better, amazing what happens when players start working off the ball.

Jones' hands were coated in butter, had a shocker. Debreczeni was laughably bad, he's in absolutely dreadful touch - decision making is just shot. I like the kids coming through though, Hodge is raw but has a lot of promise. Tuipolotu plays with a lot of pop, he's going to be around for a good long while.

Nice to see them finishing hard as well, and not just spending the last half an hour defending their one point lead like usual.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Jones is having perhaps his worst game in rebels colours.

Yeah ,,, he took a massive shoulder charge early , funny the guy who did it went off injured ....i think i'd rather have Luke in the Tahs ....first poor game i've seen from him in Rebels colours ...our guys seem to share off days as an art form after Douglas & Pots departed . Good to see Timani stand up , he took that looping ball like a test slips fieldsman . The bonus point wasn't in the script .... double congrats Mr Ellison !

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Yeah ,,, he took a massive shoulder charge early , funny the guy who did it went off injured ..i think i'd rather have Luke in the Tahs ..first poor game i've seen from him in Rebels colours .our guys seem to share off days as an art form after Douglas & Pots departed . Good to see Timani stand up , he took that looping ball like a test slips fieldsman . The bonus point wasn't in the script .. double congrats Mr Ellison !

Yeah wouldnt mind Luke, Neville, Jordy and Hodge back at the Tahs - but it gives me another team to follow ;)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Rebels now top of the Australian Conference & fourth overall (same table points & wins as Lions but PD of -9 c.f. Lions +31), pending result of Brumbies v Crusaders: Ponies win, Rebs drop back out've the eight; CruSadists win they stay put.

EDIT: Brums would go back to fourth with a losing BP or better.

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
How well did Tamati play both in attack and defence? Our back line played well especially considering the backs that are injured.

I was impressed with our defence in the 15 minutes after half time.
Still making basic errors as others have said - dropped kick offs, not kicking penalties into touch and Jack left a few points out there from his boot.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Loved the second half, but have to say a couple of the highly regarded Rebels were a bit ordinary, particularly Jones & Debreczeni. Was also surprised the scrum got belted.

Thought Timani had a huge game, as did Hanson in the loose (scrum a worry). Thompson and Ellison showed their experience, Hodge looked good (again) and really like Tuipolotu.

Ellison showed poor old De Jager what the jatz crackers are meant to be used for!!

Reactions: Tex

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
apart from the win there were a few other positives (to match the persisting same, week in week out negatives). Timani had his best game for some time, Hagan was more effective around the ground (getting fitter and used to the pace of super rugby), Tuipolotu looks really good every time he gets on the park, they all defended well again, line out variations seemed to work this week.
Geez they will be good when they iron out the simple errors, but i wonder who is the skills coach, lots of basics not being executed at the desired level.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Loved the second half, but have to say a couple of the highly regarded Rebels were a bit ordinary, particularly Jones & Debreczeni. Was also surprised the scrum got belted.

Thought Timani had a huge game, as did Hanson in the loose (scrum a worry). Thompson and Ellison showed their experience, Hodge looked good (again) and really like Tuipolotu.

Ellison showed poor old De Jager what the jatz crackers are meant to be used for!!

Particularly when Marto and co spent much of the pre-match coverage telling us that the Cheetahs had the worst scrum in super rugby.;)

Still, good win by the Rebels, especially considering that two of their most consistent performers had and off night.

Status
Not open for further replies.