• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Cheers Reg, I couldn't quite work out the number on his back. Is it a single or double digit (forward or back)?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Thanks Reg. Hadn't seen him and he looks very promising and a very big unit. He ran over the 14 just because he could. More of that please.
I saw that, and just thought flat track bully.
He's going to struggle at a higher level if he needs those sort of mismatches to be dominant.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He's going to struggle at a higher level if he needs those sort of mismatches to be dominant.

he did run through the defensive line previous to that. Showed some handy speed for a big man as well.

In all, and I watched the whole match, he had a highly productive match and I think I've seen more from him in that game than I've seen from Lolo F in his last 2 or 3 seasons.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
he did run through the defensive line previous to that. Showed some handy speed for a big man as well.

In all, and I watched the whole match, he had a highly productive match and I think I've seen more from him in that game than I've seen from Lolo F in his last 2 or 3 seasons.

Lolo is physical but can't run like Timu can. Give him a full preseason at the reds and I reckon he could be a pretty destructive ball-carrier in Super Rugby.

Surely we could snag a 7 from the rebels? I feel like Gunn is a little light on and maybe not up to it.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Reid, Seany and Colby are all contracted for 2017.

Unless you'd be into Fuglistaller, might be best recruiting from within, or grabbing or Sevens forward. Or maebe even Rowan Perry.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Grab Dempsey from the Tahs, a seasoned 7. Game as Ned Kelly and can play a whole 80 Minutes. The problem at that Tahs is they have two 7s and not enough height in the lineout, I'd put Dempsey on the bench if I was a selector.

T

TOCC

Did you watch the other 79mins?

Yeah that last hit was unnecessary, but he played quite well for his first rugby game in 5 years, maybe not at Super Rugby level just yet but I think e showed some good potential, just needs to refine some of the technical stuff.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Disagree that really tough guys don't do that sort of stuff. Both rugby & rugby league are full of of genuine tough guys who regularly go a bit beyond just for the fun of it. Nothing wrong with that all.

It's not like it was a cheap shot.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons where Nelson is playing gridiron and deliberately runs out of his way to smash every player on his way to the endzone. :)

Although to be fair the 14 was standing between him and the posts and Timu had every reason to place the ball as close as possible for the conversion, so it was a fair hit IMO.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Reid, Seany and Colby are all contracted for 2017.

Unless you'd be into Fuglistaller, might be best recruiting from within, or grabbing or Sevens forward. Or maebe even Rowan Perry.

I've actually had the thought that the Reds should grab Nick Malouf. He's a Brisbane boy so would likely come for not much money, only 22 (actually was 1 year Gunny's senior at school) and at all the levels he's played (schoolboy, premier grade) he's been as much of a standout as a Gunn if not more so. Not to mention 2 seasons of excelling at 7's. He tore his ACL so isn't going to the olympics, would have ages to rehab so should get a full pre-season. Wouldn't be a bad option

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
With Holmes leaving this year, I'd be almost inclined for us to look towards a No. 7 in their twilight just to guide Gunn and a few of the younger backrowers. We'll have Slipper, Moore, Simmons and Douglas in the tight 5 who all are experience, but when you look at the back three candidates there's not much there in terms of Super or international caps.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
With Holmes leaving this year, I'd be almost inclined for us to look towards a No. 7 in their twilight just to guide Gunn and a few of the younger backrowers. We'll have Slipper, Moore, Simmons and Douglas in the tight 5 who all are experience, but when you look at the back three candidates there's not much there in terms of Super or international caps.

I agree, right 5 next season both bench and reserves are very very strong. Hoping no injuries during the NRC or EOYT.

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Talakai
4. Simmons
5. Douglas
16. Ready
17. Faagase
18. Tupou

However you look at the Backrow on the books;

6. Tui
7. Gunn
8. Korzyck

Higginbotham (?)
Houston (?)
No real replacement for a 7 right now

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Just looking at the Reds side this week. Since Woody left we have essentially ran the same side on each week. That's a pretty good achievement and I wonder how it has happened that we have had the few bad injuries we have had?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gel
Status
Not open for further replies.