• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Cheetahs - Super Rugby Round 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Suncorp, 1945 AEST Saturday

Ref: O'Keefe
AR's: Houston & Nic Berry
TMO: Ayoub

Reds: 15 Karmichael Hunt, 14 Junior Laloifi, 13 Samu Kerevi, 12 Anthony Fainga’a, 11 Eto Nabuli, 10 Jake McIntyre, 9 Nick Frisby, 8 Curtis Browning, 7 Liam Gill, 6 Hendrik Tui, 5 Rob Simmons, 4 Ben Matwijow, 3 Greg Holmes, 2 Andrew Ready, 1 James Slipper (c). Replacements: 16 Saia Fainga’a, 17 Sef Fa’agase, 18 Sam Talakai, 19 Cadeyrn Neville, 20 Michael Gunn, 21 James Tuttle, 22 Duncan Paia’aua, 23 Ayumu Goromaru

Cheetahs: 15 Clayton Blommetjies, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Nico Lee, 12 Francois Venter, 11 Raymond Rhule, 10 Fred Zeilinga, 9 Shaun Venter, 8 Henco Venter, 7 Uzair Cassiem, 6 Paul Schoeman, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Carl Wegner, 3 Maks van Dyk, 2 Torsten van Jaarsveld, 1 Charles Marais. Replacements: 16 Jacques du Toit, 17 Luan de Bruin, 18 Johan Coetzee, 19 Francois Uys, 20 Oupa Mohoje, 21 Tian Meyer, 22 Niel Marais, 23 Michael van der Spuy

G

galumay

Hard one to pick this one, have the Reds got another win in them? Cheetahs will like their chances.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Hopefully the Reds can replicate the first half of their last game at Suncorp, but for 80 minutes this time.

There are promising signs - but then they still lost by 20 in each of their last games. I have barely seen the Cheetahs play, so I don't really know what to expect from them.

Our forward pack is good enough - just need our backs to string it together for longer periods.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Cheetahs are 3rd of 4 in their conference and are 5th (of 8) in the South Africa group.
They have 2 wins from 8 games and they are both against the Sunwolves.
They certain aren't the threat that the Bulls or Stormers were and it's also at Suncorp. This is a game we should rightfully be expected to win.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Cheetahs are 3rd of 4 in their conference and are 5th (of 8) in the South Africa group.
They have 2 wins from 8 games and they are both against the Sunwolves.
They certain aren't the threat that the Bulls or Stormers were and it's also at Suncorp. This is a game we should rightfully be expected to win.

This is an absolute understatement. Look at their team and take out Lood de Jager, Torsten van Jarsveld and Oupa Mohoje (only included because his name is unforgetable and the quota). None of the others will ever get near a Springbok team or even be talked about to make a squad.

If the Reds lose an immediate freeze on all their players bank accounts and a Royal Commission will be required.

T

TOCC

They are also the team which managed to put 80 points on the Sunwolves, they have some strike power in their team when they click

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
They are also the team which managed to put 80 points on the Sunwolves, they have some strike power in their team when they click

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sunwolves just ran out of juice on the end of their four game SA tour and capitulated. Classic first year result. St. Xaviers under 14's would have got almost the same result.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Hope we get a good crowd at Suncorp.

The boys efforts last time got a standing ovation at half and fulltime.

On the back of that, I have 4 friends attending (for the first time this year) with me (and the bride)

Am looking forward to some total scrum dominance and points therefrom.

Reds by enough

Reactions: gel

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

We also beat the second best team in the comp a couple of weeks back.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think we will win this one. Should be entertaining in any case though.

Also very glad to see Laloifi getting such a good run - he's played well given the opportunities he's had.

G

galumay

The inbREDs might be our best hope for an aussie franchise win this weekend, whuddathunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.