• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Really hard to see how this is a smart move for Jones. Unless he already has reason to believe that Fardy and Moore are actively undermining his position. Which wouldn't be a huge stretch given their current and past ties with the board. Or he's just looking to do some damage on the way out, upping the ante on the payout.

The reasonable response would be to wait for more details to emerge, but he's probably going to be hanged in the court of public opinion before then. Moore and Fardy have probably been the two least controversial wallabies to like since George Smith. Hardly the expected face of the shadowy underworld powermongers we've been imagining.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Used to love this thread because heaps of my favourite players play for Brumbies. Unfortunately now it's not a Rugby forum, it's political. Shame.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Geeeezzzz the only way I can see this not affecting public support for Jones is if the report gets leaked out. There's just too much not adding up for the public to side with the CEO who's only been around for 12+ months.

I'm surprised Squeak and Fardy have gotten involved, their noses are clean as far as the report goes so why not just let it play out and worry about the on field stuff?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
One point most have overlooked, and a really fascinating part of this latest issue where it came from.

Its really odd that the reporters that are at the coal face and have direct access in to the Brumbies were all blind-sided by this and it came as en exclusive via the Daily Tele?

IMHO, If that doesn't scream leak or beat-up then than I don't know what does. If there is truth in the report of players being investigated then it shows Jones was keeping it quiet.

The really troublesome part for most people I have spoken to, from supporters to casual observer is that it took Jones to be a whistleblower to bring this all to light, and its enough for the AFP to be involved and the Board working for weeks to get him ousted.

Based on the facts we know, he alone since his appointment has been able to do what nobody else at the Brumbies has been able to do for the last few years (with a bag of cash) and get them back on track financially.

So far no mud that has been thrown at him about his performance and conduct has stuck, and we can see that by the board still not being able to sack him. o

Blame him should you feel you want to but in reality until he exposed the questionable nature of what is going on inside the Brumbies we were blissfully being kept in the dark and misled by the board as our club crept ever closer to financial peril.

So with millions of dollars gone and we can't get answers where or why, the Brumbies struggling financially with no capital to draw after having millions from the Griffith sale, which even the price of that sale is now being questioned, will we ever get the truth? Have the skeletons been locked away again by those who created them and are at the heart of why the Brumbies are potentially on the edge of existence?

I don't know who is right or wrong but I know this: until Jones showed up it was loss after loss year in year out for the Brumbies and no answers or any transparency to where the money has gone.

I, like many, fear we are about to return to the old way, and will never get to see the truth with the AFP report suppressed. It will effect people who look at the club they love especially when they know things were covered up and the supporters deliberately kept in the dark.

Do we really think a CEO with any credibility will see things differently to Jones?

Unlikely IMHO, so the only difference could be in their approach, but the same issues will need to be dealt with so how this will not be rinse and repeat? Only if they appoint a stooge who will continue with the previous years worth what appears to be the suppression of the truth and questionable deals.

I do wonder if Jones did succeed if there was any chance of recovering any of the millions of dollars for the Brumbies. Imagine the benefit both to the club and rugby in the ACT. I know as a supporter that what would be the most important part - financial security as opposed to egos, power and politics, and if their is some blood spilled; so be it for the sake of the future.

I never though as a supporter of the Brumbies that I would find myself wishing and hoping that at the conclusion of the AFP investigation, there is substance to the disclosure and subsequent investigation and that the matter is referred to the DPP with a view of bringing prosecution action against the club I love so we. just so we can get some truth.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Says a lot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 242

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Stories abound of his influence with UC getting us the sponsorship in 2012, and he was with Lifeline from 2010-2012. Though this whole saga has probably prevented any CEO doing anything for a few hundred years.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Joe Roff as CEO?

Is he really the best candidate or the most convenient?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That remains to be seen. He is very successful in his private life.

However, he is a day-ummm stylish rooster, which is a good start, I guess.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
However, he is a day-ummm stylish rooster, which is a good start, I guess.
In a ute, in a suit? Top player, too.
RDUygA6.jpg

It really means zero, though. Jobs for the boys and business as usual in the ACT?

The Brumbies organisation is close to impenetrable to the average mug punter within rugby; moreso than any other franchise IMO - almost everything is Secret Brumbies Business.

Ah well, they're only half-way to being a basket case. Some others are worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.