• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues Vs Rebels Round 10 @ Eden Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
its hard to fathom how the rebs are only 6 points behind! Bloos detirmined to make a match of it - by letting the rebs back into the game.
Not sure myself. Most of out missed tackles have been in groups of three or four so perhaps they have not been as costly as they look. Also Blues seem to be switching off routinely.

Rebels for all their defensive errors have had a few good moments too.

G

galumay

Bloos cant quite finangle a way to lose the game. Rebs will feel they let that one slip through their fingers - or more to the point, thru their missed tackles.

McMahon was their standout tonite as you say ACR. Also correct in that its not where the wobblies are lacking options!

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I really don't know what to make of that game. My emotions were all over the place - joy then disappointment then hope then disappointment again then anger then denial then resignation then hope then more hope then utter disappointment. Good to see a fight back, but it was a fight back that shouldn't have been needed. Still, we will do much better against the Chiefs. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
this and the bulls game earlier on will come back to bite them later on.
realistically the matches they are likely to win from here on in are the Force and the Reds (no gimme), the Brumbies are a possible, as is the Stormers at the end of their tour; very unlikely to beat either the Chiefs or the Cru at home. leaving the Rebels with only 7 to 8 wins for the year, marginal improvement on the plus/minus ledger.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
this and the bulls game earlier on will come back to bite them later on.
realistically the matches they are likely to win from here on in are the Force and the Reds (no gimme), the Brumbies are a possible, as is the Stormers at the end of their tour; very unlikely to beat either the Chiefs or the Cru at home. leaving the Rebels with only 7 to 8 wins for the year, marginal improvement on the plus/minus ledger.
I concur. Losing this game hurts our finals chance immensely.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ Brums also losing h lips them a bit, tho.

Can't believe @Dismal hasn't posted yet, clearly his missive is gunna be massive :)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^ Brums also losing h lips them a bit, tho.

Can't believe @Dismal hasn't posted yet, clearly his missive is gunna be massive :)

Last month's Kleenex shipment never cleared the docks at Pitcairns. He's making do with vintage copies of the Onehunga Daily Bugle, but that old newsprint is just getting everywhere.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Last month's Kleenex shipment never cleared the docks at Pitcairns. He's making do with vintage copies of the Onehunga Daily Bugle, but that old newsprint is just getting everywhere.
wanger does now make for some interesting reading.
I'm sorry but thats fucking disgraceful from your captain. He just gifted the Blues a try
ha, thought you were talking about Blues Captain Parsons with his brainlock moment after about 2 minutes there

Official Match GIF in Readiness at 78th Minute, Just Before That F**king Lineout: **CANCELLED**
cry_zpsqttkm2yt.gif

Updated Official Match GIF:
devo.gif

Got to 60 mins and the good guys clocked out. "What's the score anyway, we must be smashing these fullaz, must have about 50 by now eh".

Missed tackles wee bit misleading as 4 missed Visinia en route to glory and at least 12 missed R.Ioane as he invented the new sport of rugby orienteering a bit before that
Moala:
quagmire.gif

Tuipulotu:
quagmire.gif

Luatua:
quagmire.gif

THAT FUCKING LAST MINUTE LINEOUT
guys.gif

TRUCK AND TRAILER!
slayer.gif

GOOD ON YA JOUBS:
clockwork.gif

funnylittledance.gif

Bryn Hall, seen here leading
the post-match dressing room
celebrations.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
^^^Stirzaker and his over the head pass that gifted the blues a try.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
Same old mistakes from the Rebels and unfortunately the NZ teams make you pay when you make mistakes. Although the Blues did clock off and we were just a truck and trailer (and a conversion from the unpredictable Debreczeni) away from stealing the win).

Sean McMahon keeps getting better, had a wow of a game. Sefanaia's try was sensational. Also wonder if Rebels are better with Meehan at 9. Another injury to the backs with Placid. Although with the bye next week Inman should be back for Brumbies game and English and Harris might be too. Injuries in forwards starting to hurt too missed Weeks and Timani.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Thought Smith played well around the park. Could be Ellison's worst game in Rebels colors. Don't think Inman can come back into the starting team with the way Hodge is playing.

Hope Harris is back and they do straight swap for Placid. English for Crawford.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
Yes KevinO I was just thinking the other day that Inman couldn't came straight back into starting side. But he has enough runs in the bank to come onto bench. Unless Harris isn't fit and we move Hodge to fullback.

Agree re Ellison, usually so solid in defence, dropped off a lot of tackles. Followed up one of his best games in Rebels colours with one of his worse.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Drop JD to the bench if Harris, English and Inman are all fit. Placid, Matsushima and Sione out the 23, Sefa joins JD on the bench, for a Reece Crawf, Tamati, Mitch, Engo, Mike, Nic backline.

Jacks out of form, and while we probably can't afford to drop him givem the injuries, having Harris back would allow him to come on from the bench late in the match and make and impact. And while I love Sefa, I think that if he's not starting, the coaches can put more miles in his legs at training, which I think will be more beneficial for the remainder of the Calender year.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Harris & Engo willbe right for Brums, Inners touch & go. I would seriously consider this backline for that game:

9. Stirzaker (won't be dropped as Skipper, I'd choose Meeno)
10. Mikey H
11. Engo
12. Tamati
13. Hodgey
14. Super Sefa
15. Jack Deb
21. Meeno
22. Sione
23. Crawf

Status
Not open for further replies.