• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Brumbies - Super Rugby Round 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

M10

Stan Wickham (3)
Got to say, I think Cubelli is the main issue with the Brumbies at the moment. They looked MUCH better once Powell came on - the backline actually started to go forwards for the first time in the game, instead of playing a "hold on to the ball but lose a few metres each phase" game. Whether Larkham would have the courage to drop him after investing in him in the off season worries me. I think it will be more beatings against any kind of reasonable opposition until he does though.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Lol i just said swap them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I refer you to my post No 134 of last Tuesday on the Brumbies/Crusaders match thread :

"The Brumbies need to take a leaf out of the Tahs' attacking strategy, and that just might be more workable with To'omua at 10 and Lealiifano at 12 I think."

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I refer you to my post No 134 of last Tuesday on the Brumbies/Crusaders match thread :

"The Brumbies need to take a leaf out of the Tahs' attacking strategy, and that just might be more workable with To'omua at 10 and Lealiifano at 12 I think."
I think i agreed there as well.. i thought CL be better but.. his not To'omua owns it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: mst

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So much is so wrong with the Brumbies at the moment.

There is no backline attack structure putting pressure on defenses.

The defensive structure is being found wanting especially by the NZ sides with their faster pace in the game.

There is no forward momentum in the forwards since Ita Vaea's untimely retirement. Jarrad Butler is no Ita Vaea. Sam Carter is sorely out of form.

There is no proper backup No 7 in the squad to cover for Pocock's absences.

The kicking game is atrocious, and almost every attempt to catch an opposition kick is unsuccessful.

There is insufficient speed in the outside backs.

The emphasis being placed on line kicks and mauls instead of going for points when in a convenient spot is muddle-headed.

About the only satisfactory aspects atm are the scrum and Christian's goal kicking. The rest is very much a load of crock. Time for the coaches to earn their money.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
So much is so wrong with the Brumbies at the moment.

There is no backline attack structure putting pressure on defenses.

The defensive structure is being found wanting especially by the NZ sides with their faster pace in the game.

There is no forward momentum in the forwards since Ita Vaea's untimely retirement. Jarrad Butler is no Ita Vaea. Sam Carter is sorely out of form.

There is no proper backup No 7 in the squad to cover for Pocock's absences.

The kicking game is atrocious, and almost every attempt to catch an opposition kick is unsuccessful.

There is insufficient speed in the outside backs.

The emphasis being placed on line kicks and mauls instead of going for points when in a convenient spot is muddle-headed.

About the only satisfactory aspects atm are the scrum and Christian's goal kicking. The rest is very much a load of crock. Time for the coaches to earn their money.

Time to sit down those not in form, or not providing much, and take some selection chances?

Defensively I think its a case when its too much structure and they have lost their instinct ones its broken or unstructured play, They also don't know who to produce defensive pressure off the ball,

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Got to say, I think Cubelli is the main issue with the Brumbies at the moment. They looked MUCH better once Powell came on - the backline actually started to go forwards for the first time in the game, instead of playing a "hold on to the ball but lose a few metres each phase" game. Whether Larkham would have the courage to drop him after investing in him in the off season worries me. I think it will be more beatings against any kind of reasonable opposition until he does though.

Nah, despite that quick tap Cubelli was the only player in the backline who did any good.........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Also, Lilo went missing as a captain last night..........

I only saw Pocock and Fardy speaking with the ref.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Watching Fardy, he was actually very quiet compared to his usual engagement with the referee and it appeared the same with the playing group. Simply an observation and not inferring anything.
aha, but by the very act of pointedly not inferring anything, you have now pre-subliminally sown the seeds of inference.........

womanthinking.gif

Chris-Farley-Black-Sheep-No-Idea_zpsh0nzeylc.gif

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Oh, wow that was quick, I just cast that line in the murky water and hooked something. They be biting easy today! ;)

Now, what's on my hook:

00mO6mL.gif

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The methodology in how the Brumbies play is just so outdated. There was a time when it worked but that was long ago. It is a big flaw in the coaching that they know no other way.

The talent is plentiful but how they are encouraged to play is a big shame.

It is no surprise that more hard nosed instinctive Kiwi sides have been belting them. Unlike the Brumbies, their rugby is dynamic.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Why oh why did we choose such a helpless and hapless wimp as our national emblem.

No wings.

No arms.

Harmless and armless.

Basically, the fairy of the jungle.

It looks like a Moa's pebble shit.

But they are so cute!!! (in a weird way). :p

In reality its just a head with legs (and a oversized beak thingy = size overcompensation me thinks!.)

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Why oh why did we choose such a helpless and hapless wimp as our national emblem.

No wings.

No arms.

Harmless and armless.

Basically, the fairy of the jungle.

It looks like a Moa's pebble shit.

Not that harmless. You should see them beat the shit out of each other.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's not all bad.

102682735-3127-flag.530x298.png

It's got frickin' laser beams on its head. Dr Evil would be proud.

Reactions: mst
Status
Not open for further replies.