• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Canberra Vikings - Offical NRC Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozee316

Ward Prentice (10)
Jones was brought in especially for his commercial acumen and he has already made good progress with the Brumbies. Kookaburras are next.

Sent from my SM-A500L using Tapatalk

Ozee316

Ward Prentice (10)
As for the who has cash now. Brumbies could borrow the money if they needed to for the next two years based on certain flows of future money coming in

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I think your over estimating the financial position and resources available to the Brumbies. The turnaround you refer to included significant cuts and savings. Their financial position is improved but not great. So additional liabilities may not be able to be supported. Money used for the NRC is money that could be used elsewhere. It's not all Brumbies money rather ACT and region money.

Jones can only use what he has which is limited, and even more so now with politics and power plays.

I think you need to compare this to where the ITM was about 5 yrs ago when the teams and comp were on the edge with many running up huge debts.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jones was brought in especially for his commercial acumen and he has already made good progress with the Brumbies. Kookaburras are next.

Jones is gooooooooooooooone..........

Stood down by the board.

Ozee316

Ward Prentice (10)
He was the Best thing to happen to that club since Laurie Fisher, Eddie Jones and the Legendary team of the early 00's with Gregan and Larkham

Ozee316

Ward Prentice (10)
I hope the ARU intervenes and fires the Board and reinstates him

T

TOCC

I think your over estimating the financial position and resources available to the Brumbies. The turnaround you refer to included significant cuts and savings. Their financial position is improved but not great. So additional liabilities may not be able to be supported. Money used for the NRC is money that could be used elsewhere. It's not all Brumbies money rather ACT and region money.

Jones can only use what he has which is limited, and even more so now with politics and power plays.

I think you need to compare this to where the ITM was about 5 yrs ago when the teams and comp were on the edge with many running up huge debts.

Exactly, NRC isn't the only grassroots tier which needs funding. Also Brumbies have spent all their cash reserves in the past few years and are/were on the brink of insolvency.. Any future expenditure needs to be relative to the return on investment, betting on a possible revenue increase from the NRC over the next 5 years is a high risk option with the potential to send the organisation bankrupt..

Ozee316

Ward Prentice (10)
The case seems to be complicated but he seems to have been let go by the people being investigated by the AFP for financial fraud over where millions of dollars of Brumbies money went.

The rot runs deep. And it will remain.

Ozee316

Ward Prentice (10)
Interesting if Pulver sided with the Board too. He must have knowledge about the AFP case

Ozee316

Ward Prentice (10)
I see. He was fired for his explosive comments made on radio over the weekend. Makes much more sense.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Wonder how much influence, if any, the prospective move to the Kookaburras had on those clubs who attended the rival Board-organised (EG) Meeting?

Reactions: mst

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Tim Gavel reporting the name will still be the Vikings for the upcoming season then change to the Kookaburras next year

Status
Not open for further replies.