• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The ARU should help out the Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Maybe we should just take over the franchise? Bring back Denis Fitzgerald as CEO, and, hey presto, there's western Sydney solved for us.

Shared training facilities, shared ground, maybe a shared name. What's not to like about that?

My junior league team!!!!!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
And Ken, though he didn't play for the Wallabies but was a successful Kangaroo after he switched from rugby.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Maybe we should just take over the franchise? Bring back Denis Fitzgerald as CEO, and, hey presto, there's western Sydney solved for us.

Shared training facilities, shared ground, maybe a shared name. What's not to like about that?

My junior league team!!!!!

Nah - they're doing a pretty good job of fucking up their little club. ARU are rank amateurs compared to that lot.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Problem with Radradra is he played for Fiji 7's so ARU probably unlikely to make a move for him. But that won't stop the Europeans.

So down the track he might end up like Sisa Waqa has now - which is running around in NSW Cup before he switches to Top 14 Rugby in July.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Radrada's not played for Fiji 7s since 2012/13 ish hasn't he?

It'd be a long term investment, but you could bring him into the fold, then cap him in the Qualifying Series for Tokyo 2020, and he'd be eligible in time for Japan 2019, if the format was the same.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Speaking of league/union crossovers: saw John Muggleton down the Ettamogah Rouse Hill on Saturday night.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I happened to be doing the meat tray raffle for Renegades Rugby at the time - threw him a couple of free tickets "for a great coach" and he smiled. Was there with family I think.

He didn't win.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The NRL all-star side made up of former rugby schoolboys
..............................................................................................................................................

THE ALL-STAR TEAM
​Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Warriors) — NZ schools 2011
Semi Radradra — Fiji u/20s 2011
Konrad Hurrell (Warriors) — NZ schools 2010
Kirisome Auva’a (Rabbitohs) — Aus Schools 2009
​Curtis Rona (Bulldogs) — WA Schools 2009
Luke Keary (Rabbitohs) — Aus Schools 2010
Cooper Cronk (Storm) — Aus Schools 2000
Tepai Moeroa (Eels) — Aus Schools 2012-13
Tyson Frizzell (Dragons) — Aus Schools 2009
f4986f1a0a4a2978e1af718c35dacb6c

Semi Radradra played for the Fiji U20s side. Picture: Gregg PorteousSource:News Corp Australia
Jared Waerea-Hargeaves (Roosters) — Aus u/19s 2007
Joey Lussick (Roosters) — Aus Schools 2013
Viliame Kikau (Panthers) — Fiji schools 2013
Taane Milne (Dragons) — Aus Schools ​2013
RES:
Kayln Ponga (Cowboys) — Qld Schools 2014
Jason Seage (Roosters) — NSW Schools 2010
Tom Wright (Manly) — NSW Schools 2015
Angus Crichton (Rabbitohs) — Aus Schools 2013-14
Nelson Asofa-Solomona (Storm) — Wellington College NZ 2013
Originally published as Lost boys: the rugby schoolboys lost to NRL

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/...s/news-story/5493ab23ff15627cc796a01e1b4aa385

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
How many of these players came from junior league in the first place and only played our game because of a private school sports scholarship?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What about the "Lost Boys: The Australian RL Schoolboys who fail to star in NRL"?

Or "Lost Boys: The Rugby Schoolboys lost to injury"

How about "Lost Boys: The Rugby Schoolboys lost to Social and Premier Club Rugby"

Anyone can cherrypick a list to tell whatever sort of story they want.
F'r'instance Angus Crichton never played for Australian Schools in 2013 or 2014 despite the claim of the Terrorgraph. He played for Australia A in 2013, and was selected for Schools in 2014 but was replaced due to injury. Never made it beyond the first camp in Sydney.

Tom Wright hasn't even played a game of Senior Mungoball, and already he is on the All Star Bench!

Why should we care about a couple of former schoolboy rep players from Fiji or NZL who are playing Fivekick? How is that an bad indicator of Rugby development in Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.