• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Sunwolves, Round 13, 21 May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

Well the SW will score plenty of tries, do the Reds have the ability to score plenty + 1 ?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Did anyone watch the SW/Stormers game from last weekend?
Was it that the SW played a good game, or that the Stormers were having a mid-year sabbatical.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I didn't watch the game, but got the highlights on Monday. Robbie Fleck said after the game, they didn't deserve to draw that game they should have lost it, so would assume it's a combination of both!

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah it was a bit of both. The Stormers really did not play that badly, they dropped the ball a bit too much, and looked a bit sluggish but the Sunwolves just played out of their skins.

It was quite a similar style of game to the RWC Boks vs Japan (which makes sense!). The Stormers played a stolid traditional Saffa-type game, lots of kicking, lots of forwards, not much flair, and the Sunwolves just kept at them with wave after wave of attack. They were making ground and the Stormers were basically infringing at the breakdown and offside to slow them down, which was getting the Sunwolves kickable penalties.

It was absolutely mindblowing that the Stormers were out of it 17-3 at the 60 minute mark. But they finally woke up and the last 20 minutes the Stormers had the advantage. Unfortunately for the Sunwolves they couldn't hold on for the win.

The same thing could definitely happen to the Reds but I think the home ground advantage will prove the difference. The Sunwolves haven't travelled well to date, and even the Japanese fans at the game won't know whether to cheer for the Sunwolves or Aussie Goro. :)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Kirin stubbies in the fridges of Fanatics Bar tomorrow for those interested in that sort of stuff.

Hopefully Rusty the Koala will be replaced by Godzilla too.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Horan pre-game said the fans would be looking forward to the flyhalf battle. Looking forward to more sparkling insight.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
What a try! How good was that lineout play.

I was about to say the Reds were having a bit of an average game (not making the most of set piece dominance), but that was something else.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
The Reds won't be happy with this half. So much potential, so little of it realised. The Sunwolves haven't had a lot of opportunities but the Reds have been soft and let them take them.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
How many obstructions does this referee want to let the Japanese team get away with - hard to defendd when players are being held out of the way.

How many reds kick chasers are allowed to be held back by the referee? All the kicks have had reds held back from chasing.

This referee is absolutely a pile of shit.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How many obstructions does this referee want to let the Japanese team get away with - hard to defendd when players are being held out of the way.

How many reds kick chasers are allowed to be held back by the referee? All the kicks have had reds held back from chasing.

This referee is absolutely a pile of shit.

Er............. what?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Who is the ref? Denied reds their best try all year on dud fwd pass call, then let's Sunwolves throw 2 in a row without question leading up to their last 3 points.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
And don't even get me started on the forward pass that wasn't. It was about as forward as the one that the Japanese threw in their try.

I'm full on channelling my inner @Shiggins here!!!!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Who is the ref? Denied reds their best try all year on dud fwd pass call, then let's Sunwolves throw 2 in a row without question leading up to their last 3 points.

Referee: Will Houston
Assistant Referees: Andrew Lees, Nic Berry
TMO: Damien Mitchelmore

HT Reds 17-13 Sunwolves

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
And can we just end the CFS thing now?

He is just devoid of any rugby brains at all.

Junior is a far better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.