• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
90 seconds from scoring the try is all that's allowed for a conversion so 15 minutes would seem a tad long.

Mind you I was told there was a chargedown in the Norths/Bond game yesterday.
Normally ok.
But this one was a penalty attempt - and allowed to play on.

Must of been taking lessons from Souths.

In the Uni v Brothers game: An injury occurred after brothers had scored about 5 mins from half time. As the injury was in the line of the conversion, they didn't take the kick. So, after the 5 minutes of normal time expired, the ref called half time.

After the break (and clearing of the field) the ref ruled that the kick needs to be taken. This was in "no time" before the second half began. The kick was taken and duly missed.

Hence the 15 odd minute kick.
Never seen that before let alone know that it's ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Is there a trend here? Round 10 all the away teams... Round 11 all the home teams...

Round 12??

phatmik

Herbert Moran (7)
Fair dinkum. I'm about to start using the "dart board" selection process.

I seriously have no idea who will win this comp.

Last week after watching UQ I thought they were specials. I watched Sunnybank and Souths and respectfully did not see the same skill set from Sunnybank as I did with UQ against the same opposition. Sunnybank have nice outside backs with a 12 that runs nice lines but nothing really stood out in that game like I saw with UQ.

Brothers were on a slide with successive losses but then beat the favourites not once but twice now so no fluke. Souths who admittedly have lost some players beat brothers on a day where brothers had two shots of snatching victory but missed.

Bond seem to be bubbling away just nicely and seem to be coming on the boil at the right time. Wests in my mind were absolute specials to beat easts and well done to the tigers for substantially proving me wrong.

Nope, you guys have been talking about the top 4 consistently in this forum and I reckon you are right. They are set and get ready when they get to the semis because if they are all fit, if all players are available then ANYONE of them have the ability to win this competition. WOW great comp!

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
I was having a look through the team sheets and noticed that the Koorts Boys (Marty and Johann) played against Sunnybank on the weekend. Have these boys "med season" shifted from Sunnybank , or, were Souths short and the boys change tops to help out with numbers??

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I was having a look through the team sheets and noticed that the Koorts Boys (Marty and Johann) played against Sunnybank on the weekend. Have these boys "med season" shifted from Sunnybank , or, were Souths short and the boys change tops to help out with numbers??

From the rumor mill Johann was unhappy at playing Colts 1 - had a falling out with the coach. Can imagine Souths would have been happy to bring the boys into the prem colts squad!

Saw the Sunnybank v Souths game and have to agree with earlier comments that Sunnybank didnt seem as dangerous as UQ. It was 24-14 with 10mins to go and souths were camped on Sunnybanks tryline and just couldn't get over the line - Sunnybank ran in 2 late tries to blow the score out.

Hard to pick a clear favorite at the moment - exciting times.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Tricky dicky! A hard round to pick for two of the games this week with an outcome that sees three, yes three leaders. The trend of away, then home, what say you this week?
The results:
1 (1) ...... HTC .... ...2/4.... 24/32 .. ..(-433 points) - percentage 75%
= 1 (2)....Sage ...... .3/4.. ...24/32 . ..(-399 points) - 75%
= 1 (2)....Refabit. ...3/4.... 24/32.. ...(-437 points) - 75%
2 (3) ......NCWK .. .. 2/4 ....13/20 ....(-300 points) - 65%
3 (=2).....New Rec. .2/4.. ....5/8.... ..(-142 points) - 63%
= 4 (=4) Phatmik. . .2/4. ... 7/12.... .(-220 points) - 58%
= 4 (=4) N Dobell. . 2/4.. ....7/12.. ..(-229 points) - 58%
No perfect scores this week, but plenty of movement: Refabit and Sage have joined HTC at the top. NCWK, resident cellar dweller in the earlier rounds, has left the cellar and only goes to the swishiest nightclubs now, is a stand alone second. New Recruit Brissy is in third; with Phatmik and Nick Dobell clearing out the cellar and have taken semi-permanent residency there, complete with dart board.
Well you thought the round had some crazy happenings, have a look at the points difference: Four winners all on 79 points....the world has gone crazy!! The joint winners were NCWK, New Recruit Brissy, Refabit and Sage. Well done guys in an odd sort of way.
Record points difference HTC with -17 Round 10.
Another tricky dicky week with 1 v 4, 2 v 3, and 6 v 8. I put the 6 v 8 game in there, because who knows which of the teams will turn up on the day and win?? I think the tipping for this game will be as diverse as the previously mentioned two games.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Some news on injuries.

Brothers now have 3 props and two second rowers out this week (one to be confirmed by Thursday) and a couple of backs. To date the subs have proved more than handy.

Spoke briefly to Kalala Meni (UQ) on Saturday, said he was 5 weeks away and was "keen as" to get back on the field. He looks in great order.

Sam Wallace took a knock, 5 minutes from half time in the Brothers v UQ game. By the rush of medico's and stretcher that came onto the field it looked serious. From my possy (was only 25 m away) looked like he caught a hip in the tackle and then was tipped awkwardly onto his shoulder/head by the Brothers clean-out from the ruck. Maybe a concussion? From the cheeky smile and wink he gave me when I quibbed him on the way back to the bench, I think he was o'k (but I'm not a Dr).

Calvin Pritchard (great game btw, mate) copped a knee to his snoz; this caused a cut right in the hey diddle diddle of his nose, which required attention and another 4 minute delay in the game. A great comedic improvement Cal, the girls will love it!

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not much to cover on the Bond Norths day out and a day Norths may rather forget, as it was pretty much one way traffic through all the grades with Colts 1 topping the scores at 81-0 (13 tries), Prem Colts 43-0, Reserves 47-29 & Prem's 48-17. Round 12 however will be a different story for the seniors. I think Bond Colts have the minor premierships in their sights and should win the weekend tussle. The game of the round for me will be Sunnybank (2) vs Brothers (3). Can Brothers continue with the form and give Sunnybank a scare? Souths should clean up over GPS and Wests should beat Norths at home.
Just looking for a cellar to ponder the scores.

phatmik

Herbert Moran (7)
New tactic... throw caution to the wind and place tips early. I'll even have the following weeks tips to you all by Thursday this week.......

OK READY TO GO

EASTS VS BYE:
I'm going out on a limb but I'm confident to pronounce Easts will take this out

GPS hosting SOUTHS:
What would I know seriously.... except Souths may be getting some players back into the mix. Shame it wasn't a week earlier. Last time they met Souths won 34-10. Predicting most of the same.

Souths by 20

SUNNYBANK hosting BROTHERS:
Who knows what to do here. Whatever happened last week must give Brothers confidence to do the same at Oldmac. Last time they met Brothers won at home 41-17. Form is form.

Brothers by 12

UQ hosting BOND:
Last time they met it was 41-10 to Bond at the coast. I said this Bond mob seem to be bubbling along nicely and could win this very well.

Bond to win by 17

WESTS host NORTHS:
Last time they met Wests won 37-15 away. Now they are at home and whilst technically not home at Kenmore, the dogs look awfully comfortable there.

Wests by 19

No phone a friend, no 2 best answers, just lock me in Eddie......

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
GPS at home Vs Souths

South's, I am lead to believe, had a reasonably good game against their "interchange twin" team, The Bank last weekend. GPS had the week off to reflect: which is usually not good for a lot of teams and especially them considering they are reflecting upon not too much. I WANT AT LEAST TWO SCORING EVENTS GEEPS! Com'on boys! South's to win this one.

South's by 16

The Bank at home Vs Brothers

Close game Part 1. The Bank have been scoring freely and don't seem to be suffering from the brotherly losses to date. Home advantage a plus. Injury worries at Brothers, however, have started to gain the form of the earlier rounds and played as a team last weekend. If they continue their "team" playing they will sneak home again this week. I don't think it will be a repeat of the Round 3 result and hence:

Brothers by 10

UQ at home Vs Bond

Close game Part 2. This is the match of the round. UQ whilst defeated last week were not disgraced. One cannot help but admire their structure, their swift play/moves and the cattle on the field. Bond has been cruising, however the trip and potential complacency may make this very close. If Wallace and Horan are playing it may just tip UQ's way (need advice on them), if not then Bond, but not as much as the last time they met.

May have to have a few whiskey's over this one; that is if Phatmik and Nick Dobell haven't drunk it already! O'k whiskey drunk, coins flipped.....

UQ by 5

Wests at home Vs Norths

The clash of the "bundle droppers". Last week both these teams under-performed to the max! North's took a proverbial bath from Bond (didn't even bother the scoreboard's man) whilst Wests made him stretch his legs once. Both will take a severe tongue lashing on Tuesday night's training.

A positive for North's is that they do have their heavy weight champion back this weekend (and highest try scorer) and this could present some fighting spirit. Think this will be closer than expected; however have to take the Bulldogs in the kennel (ever though it's on someone else's property).

Wests by 13

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
My picks for the week just because I like being picky:
GPS vs Souths
I recon GPS will just be going through the motions here and it should be an easy win for Souths
Souths by 21

Sunnybank at home to Brothers
This is a difficult one to call and dare I say Brothers have already held out against one of the top 4 in which it was clearly (6 to 1) the underdog. However I’m thinking Sunnybank may just pip Brothers at the line.
Sunnybank by 7

UQ to host Bond
First round scores 41 – 10. The Bond Colts are gaining momentum and confidence with each game. Their big plus is, discipline on the field, their replacements off the bench and their speedy backs. Bond should comfortably win this encounter with Sam Wallis looking like he may not get on the park.
Bond by 18

West to play Norths at Kenmore
Norths have a few big boys but they can’t go the distance and tire very quickly and although West’s will be off a disappointing loss to East’s they should round this one up pretty easily.
Wests by 16

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I know it's only Tuesday but I have to point out that the "New Ref Nick" still need to submit their tips. (New Recruit, Refabit & Nick Dobell).

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I know it's only Tuesday but I have to point out that the "New Ref Nick" still need to submit their tips. (New Recruit, Refabit & Nick Dobell).

I still have one more as well...doing your trick (from last week).

You know for sure Wallace is out??

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
GPS v Souths - Souths by 15... Big inclusion hopefully for Souths but also noticed a certain star player training with Prems last night. Souths should be too strong though.

Sunnybank v Brothers - Brothers by 5. Sunnybank weren't the impressive outfit I was expecting last weekend. Should be a close one.

BOND v UQ - UQ by 7 based purely on the fact they are at Home and Horan playing - he controls the game better then all 10's currently in action.

Wests v Norths - Wests by25 - should be a walk in the park for Wests - will need a big win to keep pressure on top 4.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
I agree Horan is a class act and getting better. The Brothers forwards smashed and dominated the breakdown all game last week. That was where the game was won. Hard for an opposition 10 to work when on the back foot. Interesting run into finals with both Prem Colts and Prem Grade hopefully getting some fairly large specimens back from injury and 20's into the tight 5.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I agree Horan is a class act and getting better. The Brothers forwards smashed and dominated the breakdown all game last week. That was where the game was won. Hard for an opposition 10 to work when on the back foot. Interesting run into finals with both Prem Colts and Prem Grade hopefully getting some fairly large specimens back from injury and 20's into the tight 5.
Interestingly New Recruit had Horan as a deciding factor in the upcoming clash with Bond but if his effect is negated when playing on the back foot, are there any boys coming back in the forwards that can change that around to front foot and attacking set play? I know Sam does a lot of work off the rucks and can be damaging at times but with him out what is on the bench? Agreed a good team needs a good playmaker and Alex is, but Hamish is pretty good at closing down the opposition. I think this game will be a battle of the backs Horan, Hunt & Oats vs Stewart, Riley & Sargent. Is Hunt back this week, he has only played 2 games for Colts this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.