• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v England in Melbourne, 18 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Getting in early.

Bought my quota of tickets and am pretty excited for this one.

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face - the test at AAMI will blow minds. I've been there for sellout league and soccer matches, including derbies and Socceroos, and it's a rocking venue half-filled. Get a sellout partisan crowd against the soap dodgers and it'll go off.

If any of you poor coddled folk from north of the Barassi line are looking for a weekend away, 18-19 June is a good one to pencil in.

Not only do you get what should be one of the premier non-Bledisloe tests of the year, but you can buy a single malt after dark without having to pour coke into it.

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Got tickets. Lets hope the Wallabies bring the Poms crashing down to earth.
AAMI should be epic. Hopefully they will have the turf sorted out by then!

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Got tickets, I'm keen. That absolute disgrace against the French a couple of years ago was the worst game I've ever seen live, if this was back at Etihad I probably wouldn't have gone.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Got mine last year too when I renewed my membership. I secured Gold, so I'm somewhere near the 22 and halfway line.

Got tickets, I'm keen. That absolute disgrace against the French a couple of years ago was the worst game I've ever seen live, if this was back at Etihad I probably wouldn't have gone.

I witnessed that crap too with KevinO. The near empty stadium was completely devoid of any atmosphere and the game was boring as batshit.

The only real highlight for me was witnessing Lorenzo and Luke get their first cap. Oh, and the realisation that they are unlikely to ever see a test match played at Etihad ever again.

Provided the turf issues are addressed, it will be great to witness the Wallabies put the Poms to the sword.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Hope you're right OT. next time the BILs roll around that'll ideally be at the G, we can look to break a record or two.

Dene

Frank Nicholson (4)
Also got tickets with membership. I thought I'd read that they would be delivered in March, though? I'm sure it's fine.

Agreeing with Dumbledore, the Etihad test was crap. I got shitty seats in a half cordoned-off ground.

Keen as.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Looks like my seats are between the posts at the Yarra end; could be better, could be worse.

A colleague is reporting that she can't buy a single ticket for an out of town friend, so i'm hoping this bodes well for a 28-30k crowd.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Got tickets. Lets hope the Wallabies bring the Poms crashing down to earth.
AAMI should be epic. Hopefully they will have the turf sorted out by then!
The surface was pretty good last Sunday but still chopped up a bit. I've seen worse at other stadiums though. The Wallabies and Poms are likely to make it look a bit worse than the Rebels' and Force's did.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Also got tickets with membership. I thought I'd read that they would be delivered in March, though? I'm sure it's fine.

Agreeing with Dumbledore, the Etihad test was crap. I got shitty seats in a half cordoned-off ground.

Keen as.
We also ordered our tickets with our memberships and they arrived about a week ago.

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Getting real exited for this game.

Better go find a yellow shirt to wear.

I wonder what the soap dodger-shackle dragger supporter ratio is going to be?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Big game. Cheika will be pumped and pissed off all week let's see how the Wallabies respond this game can't come around quick enough for me.
Any line up changes?
I think Lilo will probably come in at 12 and I wouldn't mind seeing Morahan come in for Horne also.
Possible 23 I can't see Cheika wanting to many Changes but Injury to Simmons and Sio getting owned may force his hand.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
1. Sio - can't give up on him yet
2. Moore
3. Kepu/ Holmes doesn't really matter
4. Arnold
5. Horwill
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Pocock - look for him to have big game
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Morahan
12. Lilo
13. Kurindrani
14. DHP
15.Folau

Res: TPN, Slipper, Kepu/Holmes, Mumm, McMahon, Frisby, Kerevi, Horne.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Poey now confirmed out for the series.

I think Kuridrani had a bit of a shocker. Scored a try and ran a couple good lines, but two inexcusable mistakes. I think the risk of playing two running barging centres with tits for hands came to fruition.

Bring Lilo in at 12 and put a rocket up TK or pull him completely, put DHP to 15 and Izzy to 13.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This would be my team for this test (posted it in the 1st test thread as well):

1. Slipper
  2. Moore (c)
  3. Kepu
  4. Mumm
  5. Horwill
  6. Fardy
  7. Hooper
  8. McCalman
  9. Phipps