• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Hunt will be gone at the end of 2017, probably head to France or Japan.. He hasn't earned his current contract value and he won't be offered the same again in 2018. Reds need to look for a long term fullback replacement, they reportedly missed out on Maddocks, I can't see the getting Kalyn Ponga either and as mentioned Holmes has disciplinary issues...

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Ben Lucas? Think he's contracted for the 16/17 Season, but then a free agent.

Or Josh Coward, think he's up here now ;)

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think Hunt will be gone at the end of 2017, probably head to France or Japan.. I think He hasn't earned his current contract value and he won't be offered the same again in 2018. I think Reds need to look for a long term fullback replacement, they reportedly missed out on Maddocks, I can't see the getting Kalyn Ponga either and as mentioned Holmes has disciplinary issues.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Fair enough Sully that is my opinion and not fact, but do you really think Hunt has played like a $700'000/season player and do you think the ARU will offer him a top-up for 2018?

I like Hunt, I think he has done a pretty good job In an underperforming team but neither the ARU/Reds have made value for money from Hunt, on or off the field.

Even if he is offered a contract it will be downgraded from the initial one he signed, and common sense says given he will then be 30/31 he make the shift north.

T

Tip

Hunt will be gone at the end of 2017, probably head to France or Japan.. He hasn't earned his current contract value and he won't be offered the same again in 2018.

The Reds would have a much better return on their Hunt venture if they realised that a squad with 3 flyhalfs worth 60k a year does not equal a flyhalf worth 180k.

Considering McIntyre plays ridiculously deep and always runs towards the corner post, the Reds only effective backline play has been the Kerevi Crash ball.

I'd liken Hunt's season(2016) as similar to DHP against England. Looks pretty dangerous in attack, makes the right decision, safe under the high ball.

He, along with his team have been severely hampered by a 10 that hasn't progressed one iota in 15 months.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Fair enough Sully that is my opinion and not fact, but do you really think Hunt has played like a $700'000/season player and do you think the ARU will offer him a top-up for 2018?

I like Hunt, I think he has done a pretty good job In an underperforming team but neither the ARU/Reds have made value for money from Hunt, on or off the field.

Even if he is offered a contract it will be downgraded from the initial one he signed, and common sense says given he will then be 30/31 he make the shift north.

Why would the ARU offer Hunt a top-up.

Don't you have to play for the Wallabies for 2 years before that happens ?

Fuck they would't top up the Aussie Captain, Mowen

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Listening to a recent GAGR pod, Bob Dwyer had big raps on Hunt. I think he's still improving but has been hampered by injury lately!

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Mate. Any bloke who chucks his head in the middle of a rugby scrum with both hands effectively behind his back isn't that smart.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
What are you talking about. I get to pack scrums then bludge on the wing. I think it's genius. I don't even have to push in the scrum.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Your Rugby knowledge is poorer for that. Disagree all you want but Bob has a brilliant rugby brain and looking at the game from different angles has certainly broadened my appreciation of the game.

HE has HIS opinion on certain players and play, probably based on what has been before.

I think it is an overstatement that he has a "brilliant rugby brain"

But THAT is YOUR opinion which, of coarse, is duly respected.

B

Bobby Sands

HE has HIS opinion on certain players and play, probably based on what has been before.

I think it is an overstatement that he has a "brilliant rugby brain"

But THAT is YOUR opinion which, of coarse, is duly respected.

:Do_O

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Anyone else think that the recent performance of England, with pretty much the same squad as the RWC, might count against Lancaster? I am really hopeful that if he gets the gig that his soul searching and sacking are the making of him and not a sign of things to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Anyone else think that the recent performance of England, with pretty much the same squad as the RWC, might count against Lancaster? I am really hopeful that if he gets the gig that his soul searching and sacking are the making of him and not a sign of things to come.

I think the squad has changed a bit but has made a big difference..

Itoje, Vunipola, (LHP), Vunipola (n8), and a George Smith inspired Haskall. It's evident that 3 of those guys are now 3 of their best.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think the squad has changed a bit but has made a big difference..

Itoje, Vunipola, (LHP), Vunipola (n8), and a George Smith inspired Haskall. It's evident that 3 of those guys are now 3 of their best.

All issues under the control of the HC, though.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It not like those players weren't available though. Itoje is really the only change in personnel. The performance of the others is drastically different under Jones. I'm not saying Lancaster won't be a good coach but it just got me thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.