• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NBA Bounceball

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
been a few epic seriesii to date.
oh and this from the future:

--USA Today--

--April 2018--

The embattled LA Clippers have just completed their 4th straight 0-72 season. Their owner, Donald Sterling, banned for life back in 2014, is still ensnared in his lawyer-embossed roundabout carousel of court appeals. Meanwhile, the NBA players union refuses to deal with the Clipper organization which leaves the team ostracized from drafts and trades. Their only sources are free agent scabs. Even barely NBA-hopeful D-league prospects dare not cross the line. In fact, anyone with a social security number or green card dare not cross the line.

Ironically, with their owner banned for life from the NBA for racism, the Clippers entire 10 player roster is now white. Two of the players can't even afford the uniform. The Staples Center was abandoned 4 years ago due to lack of ticket revenue. Clipper matches are now played at the Venice Beach courts. The players are paid $5 a match. Win bonuses are believed to be NBA player trading cards. To go in the spokes of their players bicycles. Which they ride to games. Including away games.

clippers_zpsf975b1e2.jpg

C is for Clipers. I think.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
ha, Clips D.Jordan reneges on verbal deal to join Mavs but is too chicken to tell Mavs billionaire owner M.Cuban..... so he locks himself inside his house with his Clippers teammates.

With Cuban outside the house. Until the free agency period expires at midnight.

**NEWSFLASH, BIG GUY**:

WHEN YOU ARE 7-FEET TALL YOU CAN TELL ANY FUCKER ON EARTH ANY OLD THING YOU GODDAMN LIKE.

kcnAlxn.gif

giphy.gif

No matter the outcome, Jordan comes off pretty badly. Following the American reaction Im surprised to see how shocked the fans are. I take it the reneging on deals thing is new to NBA.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
wft Golden State at 29-1 lose Steph Curry for one game and suddenly they look like the fuckin Sacramento Kings.

turns out without Curry over last 2 seasons Warriors are

2013: 1-3
2014: 0-2
2015: 0-1

total spastic pea-hearted capitulation vs Mavs.

Caretaker coach Luke Walton caretaking for other caretaker coach Steve Kerr might have to do some actual goddamn coaching holy shit bet he wasnt expecting that

Klay Thompson? Instead of stepping into the breach he played like the lost child of a baby who has just lost all his marbles down a well.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Celts break Warriors home winning streak. Tuned in expecting to last the usual 2 and half quarters before the Warriors have motored off into the horizon and I've changed channels (never liked em, even when I was living there) but it never eventuated.

Splash Brothers just never bailed them out from their usual high risk passing and TO's. Sacrilege to say, greatest shooter of all time, blah blah, but Curry just annoys me. The cocksure mouthguard askew, every affectation seems like a big pose off from neigh to nelly.

Steve Kerr, yeah skeptical. Never coached before at any level, gets handed the keys to the Concorde and taxiis around the stratosphere for 2 seasons just absolutely crushing fuckers. 10 pts down and he says in the time-out "we could make this up in 2 minutes! Maybe one minute!" Yeah, well, how do we do it then smartarse? Where's the actual tactics?

Any prick in the crowd could have given that team talk. I remain half-convinced I could coach the team. Jesus, if Luke Walton can coach them to 39-3 then I can coach them to 1-0. "Big pricks set screens for little pricks, you little pricks run around like bung-eyed crackheads to get open, then just throw the fucker in the cylinder like you always do. Uhh, go team!"

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Jeez not sure this is the time to pot Kerr and Curry....... the loss takes them to 68-8. Still on pace for at least 72 and a claim to be the greatest regular season team of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
not here to fight ya fella they just annoy me for the reasons above + my time in the Bay area (Chris Mullin years).
Curry easily greatest shooter of all time iHomo, he's worked like a maniac at it, ffs 77 3's at that practice in succession?

dunno what NBA games are like now but back in the early 90's way before tip off you used to be able to sneak down the concourse and get up close to watch pre game drills/fuck arounds (easy at Clips games then the place was fuckin empty!) i was fairly shocked at the ability of one "Michael Jordan". The advantage he had was just unfair. not only was he taller than the other guards he was also quicker and more agile than the poor little buggers. plus obviously he could jump right over the wee 6"2 fuckers any time he liked. they hardly had a chance

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I think the thing I find annoying about Steph Curry is he is too wholesome and good. I just want to see him scrag some fluffybunny in the transition. You know, scratch an eyeball or something. It's not right that he is that good a player and a goody two shoes.

Jordan was the roguest mother fucker getting around. Illegal gambling, Infedility, the NBA spent millions covering up his character flaws.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I think the thing I find annoying about Steph Curry is he is too wholesome and good. I just want to see him scrag some fluffybunny in the transition. You know, scratch an eyeball or something. It's not right that he is that good a player and a goody two shoes.

Jordan was the roguest mother fucker getting around. Illegal gambling, Infedility, the NBA spent millions covering up his character flaws.

Yeah, I somewhat think the NBA might disagree with your snetiment. A clean cut face of the game is probably one of Curry's biggest appeals to the organisation and fans alike.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Damn straight, game needs more guys like this in it:

image.jpeg

OK so he's like one foot three & has four legs but goddam if he ain't a mongrel lil mofo who just don't give up. Ever. EVER, I tells y'all. Rumour has it his owner used to be good back in the hood back in the day. Then he went all North Korean or some shit so now he's like PNG NBA bounceball-wise or roughly #202 on the planet. Could still probably kill it on your average ANBL roster (& let's be honest here, most ANBL rosters are very, very, very average) even if he's like 57 & had both hips replaced.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member

I reckon the NBA's got enough of those blokes. American sport as a whole is chock full of them.

Warriors have got Draymond and Bogut for the scragging. Curry can shimmy and shake from 3 all day as far as I'm concerned....... but I am a Warriors fan so can understand the other viewpoints!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
been watching a game almost every morn. Today was JailBlazers succumbing to the goddamn warriors to go 0-2. Fuckhead Plumless Plumlee, couple of botched drives and that was that. Basketball 101, Never give it to Whitey on the drive! Even I know that. Lillard was really starting to light it up too.

been rooting hard for the underdogs in each series. Karma that Chris Paul broke his hand after all his sneaky cockpunching iHomo. Hand karma.

Lebron tries to get everyone involved then at the end just says fuck it, gangway, dont mind me, coming through, I'll take that, oops just backing you down in the paint for a layup, dwarf prick, ok we won again, thanks for coming wankers

Luke walton to coach the lakers? ha, what a ride that guy has had. He must really have the gift of the gab. Sits on the bench (10 years of courtside seats at the lakers!) for entire career then waltzes into assistant coach job for a team my fuckin dogs nuts could coach, then he's chucked a multi-million dollar contract to be head coach of "his" old team in Los Angeles. A nice place to have millions of dollars for a young white 6"10 man, it must be said. Pre-HIV Magic used to dial up "rainbows" for room service (one white, one black, one asian) I'd be dialing up a fuckin UNICEF kaleidoscope if I was Luke Walton.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Cavs just won game 5 112-97 to take the series to 6 games, down 3-2. IMO the warriors will take game 6 (Draymond Green will be back) and cement a sport in history. If not then they will win game 7 (home court advantage) - there's no way the warriors can lose the finals now (as much as I want the cavs to win)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Curry getting ejected after throwing a tanty?

Beautiful as a rock in a cop's face.

Although seeing him trudge off down the tunnel just made me think, you've just made him angry, Game 7, back in Oakland, he is going to unleash merry fucking thunderbolts from hell. 60+ pt game.

He'll be ruing wifey wading in on twitter though, that7s the red light for open season for the vicious bastads of the internet.

Brace yourselves:

oh god, this last one is severe, and you'll hate yourself for laughing......................

zb6fktjbpsddl3ul9guc.png