• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Sydney Rams . NRC Official Team Thread

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Article in todays daily telegraph under Wallaby coverage mentioning Rams game against Stars this Sunday at leichardt and how the honed army of 1000 supporters or so plan to attend the game and make leichardt oval their own.

I reckon Rams should play a couple of home games at leichardt next season as best venue out of all NRC matches i have been at in terms of great ground to watch rugby at (given NRL Balmain Tigers only play a couple games their a year now days)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Gotta say - Roos is as much a hindrance as a help to this team. First time I've had the chance to watch them this year, and he's often doing something that no-one else wants to.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pakalani never passes, and Asquith would be better settling into a backline who actually wants to play together instead of throwing dummies

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Great win. There is a cracking 9 ( who is ex Auckland ITM) on the bench - Taylor Adams. Am a Roos fan however they are differrent styles - Adams is good and may se up his outside players better.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
The Pirates is the info I have. Think I got the NZ club wrong - would defer to your feedback on that.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Rams have signed former Kiwis & Warriors fullback/ wing Kevin Locke:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league...kevin-locke-signs-for-sydney-rugby-union-club

He'll also play the balance of the Shute Shield with Southern Districts. Not sure if he has much of a rugby background, if any.

image.jpeg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ No. I once met a bloke who knew someone who's Uncle never played the game. Aunty did, tho :)

Wiki lists him as a Northcote boy: that's loig heartland in NZ terms, back in the day they were one of the few (semi-pro) Lion Red Cup teams that weren't some kinda joint venture or shotgun marriage between proper Clubs.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Any news on the Rams? Who is the coach this year? Is the squad picked as yet? The comp kicks off in 6 or 7 weeks so am guessing these things must be a priority...

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
It's interesting that the ARU website has an article naming Muggleton but the Rams website and social media have no mention of the coach.
The lack of news, squad selections and confirmation of Muggos appointment is a still a concern. Many other franchises have such actions happening already.
Western Sydney Rugby needs the Rams to go well.
Be good to see some further news.