• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I think CFS was on a 1 year contract with an option for a second. Gale has gone to Japan. Talakai is another who is off-contract i think.

Is Laloifi signed for 2017? Also will Kuridrani be there in 2017, he has been overlooked for almost the entire season.

I think Tuttle Snr has done enough to get an extra year, a replacement for JJT perhaps. Reds have also been putting the feelers out to a few NRL outside backs as well, which makes me think there might be a bit more of a turnover in the outside backs.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think CFS was on a 1 year contract with an option for a second. Gale has gone to Japan. Talakai is another who is off-contract i think.

Is Laloifi signed for 2017? Also will Kuridrani be there in 2017, he has been overlooked for almost the entire season.

I think Tuttle Snr has done enough to get an extra year, a replacement for JJT perhaps. Reds have also been putting the feelers out to a few NRL outside backs as well, which makes me think there might be a bit more of a turnover in the outside backs.

Looking forward to that turnover - the incumbents shouldn't be just that

Reactions: Tip

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Hopefully that doesn't mean we lose Nabuli. Blues and Highlanders games showed what he can do when the backline is actually functioning for a few phases.

Reactions: Tip

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Pretty sure CFS's contract only expires at the end of 2017.

If so, he should go back to Prems.

Was a hugely talented schoolboy, got to play at the top level but for some unknown reason his performances lately have been below that of Super rugby level - even at the Reds low level ATM

T

Tip

If so, he should go back to Prems.

Was a hugely talented schoolboy, got to play at the top level but for some unknown reason his performances lately have been below that of Super rugby level - even at the Reds low level ATM
CFS hasn't been that bad this season. He had a night to forget in Game1 against the Tahs, but since then, he's third behind Kerevi & Frisby on the try scoring list while (once again) injured for the last two games where we've been thrashed.

The Reds problem isn't the outside backs. It's the inside backs who haven't got the foggiest idea of how to implement a gameplan.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
CFS hasn't been that bad this season. He had a night to forget in Game1 against the Tahs, but since then, he's third behind Kerevi & Frisby on the try scoring list while (once again) injured for the last two games where we've been thrashed.

What? Absolutely no way. I lost count how many half arsed attempts at tackling I witnessed this year by CFS. By in large, most games CFS has looked completely disinterested in being out there on the field.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

The Reds problem isn't the outside backs. It's the inside backs who haven't got the foggiest idea of how to implement a gameplan.

Just putting that in perspective.

Frisby and Samu have scored four tries each

Browning has scored 3 (7 starts and 5 bench runs)

CFS is equal next with 2 alongside Gill, Ready and McIntyre.

I don't think holding up a try scoring tally of 2, regardless of where it ranks, is proof of anything.

T

Tip

Just putting that in perspective.

Frisby and Samu have scored four tries each

Browning has scored 3 (7 starts and 5 bench runs)

CFS is equal next with 2 alongside Gill, Ready and McIntyre.

I don't think holding up a try scoring tally of 2, regardless of where it ranks, is proof of anything.

.. Except he's scored 3 tries. Blues, Bulls, Hurricanes.
All bar the Bulls were spectacular tries.

I thought CFS was improving this year, probably on par with Nabuli, who both seem to have the same amount of defensive difficulties.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
.. Except he's scored 3 tries. Blues, Bulls, Hurricanes.
All bar the Bulls were spectacular tries.

I thought CFS was improving this year, probably on par with Nabuli, who both seem to have the same amount of defensive difficulties.

Mate
I reckon Chris has been on the slide ever since he made Wallabies (2013)

Sure, he has moments of brilliance but consistently he has been far less than his ability promised

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
CFS's try against the Hurricanes was certainly a spectacular solo effort. The try against the Blues was a bit lucky, but it just shows what this Reds side can do when they actually work together and use a contestable kicking game.

But nobody is denying CFS has the potential, it's the effort that seems to be lacking. Particularly when things aren't going well, he just seems to give up, especially in defence. Jogging back, giving up the chase, lazy tackling.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
there seems to be a pretty widely accepted consensus that it is an attitude problem rather then an ability problem which is probably a good thing. you would hope a good coach could turn his attitude around and we could get good footy out of him again. i would really hate to lose him and then in a few years time see him tearing it up for someone else.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
there seems to be a pretty widely accepted consensus that it is an attitude problem rather then an ability problem which is probably a good thing. you would hope a good coach could turn his attitude around and we could get good footy out of him again. i would really hate to lose him and then in a few years time see him tearing it up for someone else.

Fair comment but the motivation will probably only come with an Arse Kicking Coach and a substantial reduction in the family income.

The second option will probably invoke the first.

Just hate extremely talented players not taking advantage of their talents.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
i think we are at least 1 quality Flyhalf, Centre and outside back away from being competitive again. the tight 5 depth looks pretty good though.

I do know Quade's return rumour is very strong
upthereds posted a while back that there was a big name not named Quade cooper (it was after George Smith signed). If so, could you please enlighten us on who this mystery man is upthereds?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I still think there's some serious quality lacking sadly. Hopeful with a better coaching team it'll be better for next year.

Reactions: gel
Status
Not open for further replies.